Taylor and Nolan

Crumpy Gunt

HTL

Then we will see just how much of a numpty you are proving to be by the end of January, wont we?

The kind of numpty who moans about the former regime being "ousted" when in reality they sold the club to Ashley as quickly as possible, took the money, and ran to the bank, laughing.

To be fair Fat Freddie was in hospital when it all went down and by the time he launched his own little salvage mission it was too late.

Still hardly ousted by Ashley, was he? If anyone "ousted" Shepherd, it was Sir John Hall.

Is this supposed to be news? I haven't moaned about Shepherd being ousted, as you call it. I've been well aware of what happened since it happened and I've already blamed SJH. I'm surprised it took you so long to catch on. Then again, maybe not...

:lol:

He hasn't been much bothered since he ousted the only decent Board we've had 50 years, so what makes you think he's going to change now?

Some of these people really do have their head stuck well up their arse.

Err...yes? SJH sold his shares to Ashley and that kicked off the takeover. What's the news about that, or is this your feeble attempt at trying to make out you weren't in support of it, believing 4th, 3rd and 5th in the PL was rubbish? Whatever must you "think" now...

OK chum, feel free to contradict yourself while calling everyone else stupid. Just don't be surprised if some think the one with his head up his arse is you.

What's the view like in there?

Everyone else?  :coolsmiley:

Chum, what I said in the first place is that I won't be surprised if Ashley sells ANY of the players. There's nowt wrong with that comment except in the minds of those with their head up their arse, who support Ashley or would be surprised by such a stupid action by the fat man. People like you and a few others, for example. Just read the thread and stop looking for where you can have a daft snipe, if that's possible for you.

HTL

Without sounding sarcastic, I read into your comments as your expectations of Ashley having another firesale to reduce costs further and therefore risking promotion where he would further risk the value of his asset.

I said that I cannot see Ashley being so stupid again. I am not an Ashley supporter by the way but I do believe that through his own fault, he had been left with a club that was spiralling out of control, especially financially due to his lack of due diligence and therefore has had to establish effective and necessary financial controls to arrest the slide. He has reduced the wage bill substantially but we are still higher than the majority of teams in the PL. He seems prepared to finance this for the remainder of this season in the hope we get promoted and that would mean not selling more key players this window.

I dont see anything wrong with these comments especially as he has had to rectify the overspending conducted by the previous regime in order to get the club back on a sound financial footing. I doubt even he would have expected relegation last year so he was forced into extreme measures to ensure we did not over commit further.

It should also be noted that he and llambiase have been extremely quiet recently and maybe they just have learned their lessons, working in the background to secure the deals required by Hughton whilst the team performs on the park to gain the necessary rsults to gain promotion. Hopefully, lessons have been learned all round and the right players come in, the right players leave and we ultimately get back in the PL next season.

HTL

Without sounding sarcastic, I read into your comments as your expectations of Ashley having another firesale to reduce costs further and therefore risking promotion where he would further risk the value of his asset.

I said that I cannot see Ashley being so stupid again. I am not an Ashley supporter by the way but I do believe that through his own fault, he had been left with a club that was spiralling out of control, especially financially due to his lack of due diligence and therefore has had to establish effective and necessary financial controls to arrest the slide. He has reduced the wage bill substantially but we are still higher than the majority of teams in the PL. He seems prepared to finance this for the remainder of this season in the hope we get promoted and that would mean not selling more key players this window.

I dont see anything wrong with these comments especially as he has had to rectify the overspending conducted by the previous regime in order to get the club back on a sound financial footing. I doubt even he would have expected relegation last year so he was forced into extreme measures to ensure we did not over commit further.

It should also be noted that he and llambiase have been extremely quiet recently and maybe they just have learned their lessons, working in the background to secure the deals required by Hughton whilst the team performs on the park to gain the necessary rsults to gain promotion. Hopefully, lessons have been learned all round and the right players come in, the right players leave and we ultimately get back in the PL next season.

Maybe if you stick to what has been posted it'll save you replying to stuff that hasn't actually been said.