Taylor and Nolan

Crumpy Gunt

I find it funny that the People today are quoting Hull and Bolton after Nolan, Wigan after Enrique and sources close to the club saying Colo and Jonas are out the door this window.

So, Ashley is goinjg to deliberately sell half our first team, sign noone and jeopardise increasing the value of the club when we get promoted.

Some of these hacks really do get well overpaid for the crap they write.

I'd say it's all just talk because we're doing well. Nolan to Hull or Bolton? Well to go to Hull is to be asking to for another season down in this shite next year. As for Bolton, they don't even have a manager so can't really be after him...

And Enrique? Doubt it considering no even N'Zogbia will stay there.

Even someone as blind as you should see that it is not in Ashley's best interests to sell off anymore of the clubs assets when in a position to achieve promotion back to the PL and therefore increase the entire value of HIS asset.

:mackems:

HTL

I see you are back to your abusive self. Leopards dont change their spots.

Even someone as blind as you should see that it is not in Ashley's best interests to sell off anymore of the clubs assets when in a position to achieve promotion back to the PL and therefore increase the entire value of HIS asset.

I guess we will see whether I am right or you are wrong by the end of the month.

:facepalm:

From your comment above it seems you still don't have the foggiest.

:lol:

It's mental. Despite Ashley making this exact mistake 12 months ago there's no chance he'll do it now.

It's mental. Despite Ashley making this exact mistake 12 months ago there's no chance he'll do it now.

Yes, mental it is.

I actually laughed out loud at "Even someone as blind as you should see that it is not in Ashley's best interests..." as though I can't see it.

You couldn't make up this tripe.

Guest optimistic nit

seriously though, its not just selling good players, if he sells anyone we'll be in a situation whereby we may not even be able to fill our bench. while he plainly thought we were too good to go down last season and could sell some of our better players he surely would realise that a squad of about 14 players with no left back would not be able to gain promotion even if some of those players are on 50 grand a week.

HTL

Then we will see just how much of a numpty you are proving to be by the end of January, wont we?

The kind of numpty who moans about the former regime being "ousted" when in reality they sold the club to Ashley as quickly as possible, took the money, and ran to the bank, laughing.

HTL

Then we will see just how much of a numpty you are proving to be by the end of January, wont we?

The kind of numpty who moans about the former regime being "ousted" when in reality they sold the club to Ashley as quickly as possible, took the money, and ran to the bank, laughing.

To be fair Fat Freddie was in hospital when it all went down and by the time he launched his own little salvage mission it was too late.

HTL

To be fair Fat Freddie was in hospital when it all went down and by the time he launched his own little salvage mission it was too late.

Still hardly ousted by Ashley, was he? If anyone "ousted" Shepherd, it was Sir John Hall.

HTL

Still hardly ousted by Ashley, was he? If anyone "ousted" Shepherd, it was Sir John Hall.

Yeah, it was clear that the "offshore whoremongers" grabbed the filthy lucre and ran at the first opportunity.

To say they were ousted is laughable.

HTL

Only someone with their head stuck well up their arse wouldn't know that.

HTL

Only someone with their head stuck well up their arse wouldn't know that.

My point precisely.

HTL

What on earth are you on about?

Try reading again what I posted on this subject, once you have actually read it properly and digested the meaning you'll realise you should retract your silly comment above. Doubt you will though.

HTL

Is this supposed to be news? I haven't moaned about Shepherd being ousted, as you call it. I've been well aware of what happened since it happened and I've already blamed SJH. I'm surprised it took you so long to catch on. Then again, maybe not...

HTL

Is this supposed to be news? I haven't moaned about Shepherd being ousted, as you call it. I've been well aware of what happened since it happened and I've already blamed SJH. I'm surprised it took you so long to catch on. Then again, maybe not...

He hasn't been much bothered since he ousted the only decent Board we've had 50 years, so what makes you think he's going to change now?

Some of these people really do have their head stuck well up their arse.

Even someone as blind as you should see that it is not in Ashley's best interests to sell off anymore of the clubs assets when in a position to achieve promotion back to be relegated from the PL and therefore increase massively decrease the entire value of HIS asset.

I thought it sounded familiar.

To be fair Dave, this time last year we were a good bet for the top six and thoughts of relegation were just for pessimistic fools, so it was only sensible for Ashley to sell off a couple of players who didn't share the vision he has for the club.

Back to football, and with the January transfer window approaching, we'll be working closely with Joe to see what can be done to strengthen the squad. With the FA Cup still to come and this Barclays Premier League being one of the tightest anyone can remember, there is still lots to play for between now and May.

"We've seen how quickly you can climb up the table after the wins against Portsmouth and Tottenham Hotspur - and by the way, I wish I had a pound for every time I've had to tell people I'm NOT a Spurs fan and never will be!

"When I looked at the table after the Spurs win I saw we were only five points off a top six place, so great credit to Joe, his coaches and the players for that. And if, like me, you like a gamble now and again then what price a flutter on us reaching that top six?

Okay so it didn't quite work out like that, but everyone must realise that was just because of what happened to poor old Joe, it wasn't Ashley's fault was it, he was just acting in the best long term interests of HIS asset by getting rid of past-it players like Given & N'Zogbia and bringing in exciting prospects like Nolan and Taylor to strengthen the squad while we were on the up.

This year we're even more of a safe bet this year for promotion, so I don't see why anyone should be worried by getting rid of a few surplus first teamers if it can bring in a bit of money to reduce the debt. In Ashley we trust.

HTL

He hasn't been much bothered since he ousted the only decent Board we've had 50 years, so what makes you think he's going to change now?

Err...yes? SJH sold his shares to Ashley and that kicked off the takeover. What's the news about that, or is this your feeble attempt at trying to make out you weren't in support of it, believing 4th, 3rd and 5th in the PL was rubbish? Whatever must you "think" now...

HTL

Err...yes? SJH sold his shares to Ashley and that kicked off the takeover. What's the news about that, or is this your feeble attempt at trying to make out you weren't in support of it, believing 4th, 3rd and 5th in the PL was rubbish? Whatever must you "think" now...

So twisty. :aww:

HTL

OK chum, feel free to contradict yourself while calling everyone else stupid. Just don't be surprised if some think the one with his head up his arse is you.

What's the view like in there?