Newcastle United 2 - 0 Crystal Palace - 27/01/10 - Post match reaction from p19

Dave

Highlights up on the bbc site now.

Pancrates actually worse at shooting than Jonas. Nice finish from Nile.

When that guy says Tyneside I just think of PES.

The way he says Newcastle is absolutely unique as well! :lol:

Sounds like he wants to say Newcarstle but he's stopping himself and it's coming out something in between.

I love Sky Sport's picture of Warnock:

http://img.skysports.com/10/01/218x298/Neil-Warnock-Crystal-Palace_2411780.jpg

Looks like he's skiing. Photoshop oppourtunity and a half.

Never seen anyone fly catching when skiing before.

WaraKunt banter...not a bad read:

Wow. What a week. Now I know what it must feel like to be hit by a bus.

I knew we had financial problems, but to find out we had been put into administration through a text message while on the runway at Newcastle Airport on Wednesday was a surprise to say the least. I thought at first someone was joking – until a couple of lads told me they'd got a similar text and heard it was on TV. Myself and the players were slightly dazed as we waited for our bags at the carousel, and then got on the bus to go to our hotel.

There I gathered the players together to explain where we all, stood. Then I said that, while we were all understandably shell-shocked, they had done brilliantly to get near the play-offs and it would be a shame if we cannot continue to perform like that between now and the end of the season – starting with the game against Newcastle.

They did me proud. After we conceded a bizarre own goal a lot of people would have expected us to roll over but we had it not been for a world-class save by Steve Harper I think we could have won it. We took an unbelievable amount of fans for a midweek trip like that and they really made a noise. I flew straight back after the game as I had to see the administrator in the morning, but the players, who went back on Thursday, told me they were given a standing ovation by the supporters at the airport. Shaun Derry, our captain, said it was "very touching".

We'd flown not because we're living the high life at Palace but because we managed to get a sponsor to cover the cost, which saved us from arriving back in London as the birds were singing. It also meant we could train up there before the game, which was great, except we lost Claude Davis and Alassane N'Diaye in training. Then the administrator said we could not play Victor Moses, in case he was injured. I'd already told Vic I was leaving him out but I didn't mention that to the administrator. I didn't want to spoil his moment.

We did our best to save a few bob. We borrowed Newcastle's coach for the journey to the ground. As I said to the fans and stewards when we got off, "That's the nearest I'll ever get to managing Newcastle United."

Come the game it would have been handy to have Vic on the bench as we had just three subs. When the linesman came to check the players' studs he shouted, having seen most of them, "Any more?" I said, "Stop taking the mickey, linesman."

Then our centre-half, Johannes Ertl, pulled up within 60 seconds. When your luck's out, it's out. We took him off after five minutes. You might ask what happened in between – Matt Lawrence, on the bench, did not have his socks, shinpads or boots on. I could sympathise with Harry Redknapp's disbelief when Tottenham's Sébastien Bassong didn't have his shorts on at Anfield last week. When, a couple of minutes later, another player said his hamstring was sore I was contemplating using a centre-forward at centre-half. Fortunately he was OK and I could save the other subs until later.

The match itself was cracking, a real old-fashioned game, excellently refereed by Russell Booth, with lots of chances and some tasty tackles from the likes of Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan, and one or two of ours. It was almost as fiery on the touchline – I thought we must be playing well for them to be having a go at me. I really got into it, it was lovely, but even though both benches were shouting their piece I think we both respected what we were doing. When I shook Chris Hughton's hand at the end I said, "Don't complain about having no money please."

I just hope it didn't take too much out of us. Today's game is, in many ways, tougher. Newcastle away takes care of itself, Peterborough are in the relegation battle and we have to get our heads around the fact we are too.

Has a ramble about other stuff @ http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/neil-warnock-an-empty-bench-and-a-borrowed-bus-ndash-the-reality-of-my-clubs-slide-into-administration-1883602.html

Guest norwegian-mag

Highlights anyone ? From norway so the BBC highlights dont work for me  :thdn:

www.nufc.co.uk

Im not a member, cant beleive they are not uploaded at some site ......  :idiot2:

Guest norwegian-mag

Read through the rules now, and simply has to appologies... Im sure I've seen links to highlights on this forum before, but maybe the rules have been changed