This is the Best thread, I've ever been in, dududu dududu

Skirge

It was done pretty early in the day for him to be 2nd choice. ie the news broke very early on SSN

The club of the first choice rejected a move at the weekend.

Not really a revelation is it? The fact we wanted Moses and Beckford proves he wasn't first choice.

Neither was David Ginola.

The 'divine right' stuff annoys me. Of course we deserved to go down, that doesn't mean however that we should be here. We shouldn't be. Any owner with half a brain could have kept us up. If I say we shouldn't be in this fuckin league, its not because I think we have a divine right to anything, its not even much to do with the players, its all about how a club with the 6th biggest turnover in England at the time can be relegated. We shouldn't be down here, but we are because we've been mismanaged.

Hopefully we signed him for peanuts so we can just get rid in the summer, if that is, we still manage to go up without a goalscorer.

What if he scores 20 goals? you sound so negative.

You can't just say that. There has to be some substance to the claim :lol:

The 'divine right' stuff annoys me. Of course we deserved to go down, that doesn't mean however that we should be here. We shouldn't be. Any owner with half a brain could have kept us up. If I say we shouldn't be in this fuckin league, its not because I think we have a divine right to anything, its not even much to do with the players, its all about how a club with the 6th biggest turnover in England at the time can be relegated. We shouldn't be down here, but we are because we've been mismanaged.

We always do manage to overestimate our own importance though. In the early 90s people claimed we had more fans that Man Utd. We don't - I very much doubt we can compete with their local support never mind the glory hunting turds (and Manc based Man Utd fans hate the glory hunting turds as much as we do if that helps). We have finished in the top ten of the top league 10 times since I started watching us (35+years) and that is through the 70s onwards. Basically we are big fish up here and very well supported. We are, however, mismanaged. In the case of Westwood, Seymour, McKeag etc it was because they didn't have the balls or ability to do it. In the case of Shepherd it was because he believed some of his own bullshit and he pawned the future carelessly. Maybe they all wanted what they felt was best for the club. Ashley has been another disaster but other than 5 or 6 years and few false dawns we have always been with the hopefuls rather than the big fish. Nowt changes really.

Yes. Someone identifying the distinct mis-management of a club in a short space of time isn't an invitation to criticise that person on the basis of a judgmentally perceived motivation behind their viewpoint.

That's probably all true Pie, but the fact was we had the 6th biggest turnover and we ended up relegated. That's terrible mismanagement to allow that to happen. It shouldn't be happening, we shouldn't have been in the position, paying the wages we did, that we ended up in. Shocking mismanagement. Its obvious the team wasn't good enough, its obvious we deserved to go down, but that's the owners fault, nobody elses. Its nothing to do with thinking we have a divine right to anything.

That's probably all true Pie, but the fact was we had the 6th biggest turnover and we ended up relegated. That's terrible mismanagement to allow that to happen. It shouldn't be happening, we shouldn't have been in the position, paying the wages we did, that we ended up in. Shocking mismanagement. Its obvious the team wasn't good enough, its obvious we deserved to go down, but that's the owners fault, nobody elses. Its nothing to do with thinking we have a divine right to anything.

turnover aye......i wonder how many clubs ran up bigger debts at the same time ?

JJ7 and I are annoyed about the mis-management of Newcastle United Football Club over the last few years. It really is that simple.

Guest toonlass

JJ7 and I are annoyed about the mis-management of Newcastle United Football Club over the last few years. It really is that simple.

As are we all, but this mis-management started long before Mike Ashley ever came on the scene and it still doesn't excuse the belief of a divine right to be in the Premier League.

As are we all, but this mis-management started long before Mike Ashley ever came on the scene and it still doesn't excuse the belief of a divine right to be in the Premier League.

But who says it does excuse that though? You're just using straw man tactics, making up reasons why I'm annoyed about something.

Guest toonlass

But who says it does excuse that though? You're just using straw man tactics, making up reasons why I'm annoyed about something.

You were the one saying we didn't deserve to be where we were. I am not making that up.

You were the one saying we didn't deserve to be where we were. I am not making that up.

That doesn't equate to a divine right complex. It means I'm annoyed about mis-management.

Anyway, I appreciate what you thought my motivation was Toonlass. Some people probably think we do have a divine right.

That doesn't equate to a divine right complex. It means I'm annoyed about mis-management.

if its mismanagement that has us where we are then thats where we deserve to be.

if its mismanagement that has us where we are then thats where we deserve to be.

Yes. I agree. Those that mis-managed us deserve to suffer the consequences of their actions. I was actually speaking from a fan's perspective.

Yes. I agree. Those that mis-managed us deserve to suffer the consequences of their actions. I was actually speaking from a fan's perspective.

Nothing truer for a meritocratic sport system than a 38-league season. (given the constraints of a reasonable timescale)

Guest toonlass

Yes Stu. I completely agree our league position last year was a pretty fair reflection of years of mis-management.

So we do deserve to be where we are now then?

Guest toonlass

It seems everyone is convinced we got exactly what we deserved last season, yet we are somehow fluking being top this year?

Have you seen us play this season? We have been awful at times.

turnover aye......i wonder how many clubs ran up bigger debts at the same time ?

But thats the same point. Thats part of the mismanagement. Appointing managers who werent good enough, who bought players who werent worth what we were paying them. All mismanagement.

Who thinks we have a divine right to anything? Ive never witnessed it. Can I have an example?

It seems everyone is convinced we got exactly what we deserved last season, yet we are somehow fluking being top this year?

Have you seen us play this season? We have been awful at times.

Only less awful than every other team in the league it would appear?

I understand people are struggling with the concept that successfull football is not always attractive football. We have played successfull football all season, however it's rarely been attractive.

Has it been good? Well that depends on how you define good.

Yes Stu. I completely agree our league position last year was a pretty fair reflection of years of mis-management.

So we do deserve to be where we are now then?

I think the mis-understanding between us is rooted in your perceived meaning behind my statement that 'we shouldn't be in this league'.

If the word 'we' referred partly to those that mis-managed the club, then the statement would be irrational because the mis-management is entirely culpable for our relegation.

As it happens, the word 'we' referred solely to the club's supporters, and of course, fans don't deserve such poor management.

I'm sorry this wasn't clear.

No, it was a fair reflection of club's performance over 38 games.