Troisi wins Newcastle pro deal

Guest poiuyt

• 1 year later...

The lad is still only 19 and has impressed in the couple games he`s played for Australia. I wouldn`t mind offering him a new contract and sending him out on loan to a championship side to see how he does

-----------

Roda JC have given up on signing Newcastle youngster James Troisi.

The 19-year-old midfielder spent time on trial in Kerkrade during the Eredivisie winter break and he left a good impression on Roda's management.

Roda wanted the Australian international on a permanent deal, but Newcastle were demanding a fee.

Troisi is out-of-contract this summer but as he has come through the ranks at Newcastle and he is under 23, they would be due compensation.

Troisi is yet to find out whether he will be handed a new contract by Kevin Keegan, although the Adelaide-born starlet is hopeful of getting an extended deal.

Ive seen him a few times in the reserves, he's ok but didn't really catch the eye like Pattison did.

just read that post......maybe withdraw that offer if he was worse than Pattison ffs!

He looks to me to have bags of skill, but I suspect there are doubts about whether he's strong enough for the Premiership, and that's why there's hesitation about offering him a new contract.

Given the right opportunity on the Continent, he could shine.

He looks to me to have bags of skill, but I suspect there are doubts about whether he's strong enough for the Premiership, and that's why there's hesitation about offering him a new contract.

Given the right opportunity on the Continent, he could shine.

I agree about his skill but sometimes he'll just let the game pass him by, he doesn't get involved enough.