Is Mike Ashley steering Newcastle United in the right direction?

LooneyToonArmy

How are these huge profits going to be generated? 

The previous owners generated a fair bit for themselves. although the club was left with a bit of debt mind...

And how did they manage to do that?

By selling it to someone else before they had to pay the bill.

Guest malandro

The previous owners generated a fair bit for themselves. although the club was left with a bit of debt mind...

Why didn't they continue to do it if it was so easy?

Howay, answer the question – how are these huge profits you were talking about going to be made?

Howay, answer the question – how are these huge profits you were talking about going to be made?

Read the post above yours for relevant information.

Guest malandro

Read the post above yours for relevant information.

Admit it, you haven’t got a clue. 

If (and its a big if) we are back to challenging for Europe in 3-5 years then relegation will have been the catalyst for it imo. Its a lot easier to make drastic decisions in the CCC than the Premier League.

Owen would probably still be on our books if we had survivied, another 4 years before we could look to move forward then.

Weve been promoted  to premiership have we? weve spent on class centre forwards? weve replaced ryan taylor and nicky butt in midfield? weve survived the first season post championship?

f*** me you are THE over-expectand geordie fan myth played out by the media. You fuckin stupid c***.

WE WILL BE UP FOR SALE THE DAY WE ARE PROMOTED

Please give me a season of mediocrity before you piss me off again

Everyone seems to know how it should be done, for some reason no one will put their money where their mouth is and JUST DO IT.

Why are all the prospective buyers of Newcastle weighing their pennies and trying to buy the club at a stupidly low price and all their dithering will just allow Ashley to emerge the winner if promotion is achieved?

I don't imagine many are comfortable dealing with the t***.

Or the £150m of debt, which in the current market gives NUFC a net value of next to nothing.

The debt has been there all along. If the interested parties wanted a a massive club capable of generating huge future profits without any debt then this just proves they weren't prepared to commit any investment risk at all.

Could have sworn some people mentioned last week that one of Ashley's greatest achievements was that the club now has no debt.

we only have as much debt as the owner wants to claw back (and if last summers asking price were true he will take a fair old loss)

the difference isn't the debt anyway, as many have said all along, it's the way it is structured . far betteroff owe the money to the owner as he is unlikely to call it in (gibson,lerner,abramovich) than owe it to financial institutions and the taxman who will call it in (cardiff,portsmouth,leeds etc)

If (and its a big if) we are back to challenging for Europe in 3-5 years then relegation will have been the catalyst for it imo. Its a lot easier to make drastic decisions in the CCC than the Premier League.

Owen would probably still be on our books if we had survivied, another 4 years before we could look to move forward then.

Weve been promoted  to premiership have we? weve spent on class centre forwards? weve replaced ryan taylor and nicky butt in midfield? weve survived the first season post championship?

f*** me you are THE over-expectand geordie fan myth played out by the media. You fuckin stupid c***.

Everyone seems to know how it should be done, for some reason no one will put their money where their mouth is and JUST DO IT.

Why are all the prospective buyers of Newcastle weighing their pennies and trying to buy the club at a stupidly low price and all their dithering will just allow Ashley to emerge the winner if promotion is achieved?

Or the £150m of debt, which in the current market gives NUFC a net value of next to nothing.

The debt has been there all along. If the interested parties wanted a a massive club capable of generating huge future profits without any debt then this just proves they weren't prepared to commit any investment risk at all.

Could have sworn some people mentioned last week that one of Ashley's greatest achievements was that the club now has no debt.

we only have as much debt as the owner wants to claw back (and if last summers asking price were true he will take a fair old loss)

the difference isn't the debt anyway, as many have said all along, it's the way it is structured . far betteroff owe the money to the owner as he is unlikely to call it in (gibson,lerner,abramovich) than owe it to financial institutions and the taxman who will call it in (cardiff,portsmouth,leeds etc)

As this has already been explained to Malandro about 400 times, I'm betting this is one more time he will be unable (or simply refuse) to grasp the point.

:laugh: So simplistic.

:laugh: So simplistic.

Like your question.

Guest malandro

As this has already been explained to Malandro about 400 times, I'm betting this is one more time he will be unable (or simply refuse) to grasp the point.

It doesn’t matter how many times you say 2+2=5, it’s still wishful thinking and irrelevant. The question was how would the club make these huge profits BigTron was on about, and neither of you can come up with an answer.

So you agree there is a debt after all.  Those know-nowt morons who said there wasn't.

Anyway, so we can strike clearing the club debt off the list of your hero's achievements.

What's left.....?

So you agree there is a debt after all.  Those know-nowt morons who said there wasn't.

Anyway, so we can strike clearing the club debt off the list of your hero's achievements.

What's left.....?

if he had sold up for 80mill it could be argued he'd wrote off the debt.

"your hero"....doesn't become you htl.

What's left.....?

Fawning over this cretin doesn't become you either, Madras. I don't expect anything sensible from mandiarse but I really thought you had more sense, tbh.

Guest malandro

What's left.....?

But he didn’t so it can’t.

What's left.....?

Whereas referring to anyone bright enough to spot the difference between being being hock to a bank, and an owner supporting his own business, as a "know-nowt moron" is completely par for the course.

What's left.....?

Fawning over this cretin doesn't become you either, Madras. I don't expect anything sensible from mandiarse but I really thought you had more sense, tbh.

how am i fawing over him by recognising the shit position we were in when he took over. ashley didn't help a great deal, his handling of kinnear etc was the biggestsingle mistake he made that caused our relegation from his side but i also think had he not took over allardyce would have took us down and we'd have been in even bigger shite.

What's left.....?

how am i fawing over him by recognising the shit position we were in when he took over. ashley didn't help a great deal, his handling of kinnear etc was the biggestsingle mistake he made that caused our relegation from his side but i also think had he not took over allardyce would have took us down and we'd have been in even bigger shite.

If that's your opinion, fair enough. Just stop telling me how good a job Ashley is doing because he's doing shite.

What's left.....?

how am i fawing over him by recognising the s*** position we were in when he took over. ashley didn't help a great deal, his handling of kinnear etc was the biggestsingle mistake he made that caused our relegation from his side but i also think had he not took over allardyce would have took us down and we'd have been in even bigger s****.

If that's your opinion, fair enough. Just stop telling me how good a job Ashley is doing because he's doing s****.

it's a deal...........on one condition. you stop telling me how good fred and co had been doing in their last few years....cos they were doing shit while lining their pockets.

What's left.....?

Whereas referring to anyone bright enough to spot the difference between being being hock to a bank, and an owner supporting his own business, as a "know-nowt moron" is completely par for the course.

It's been put across by some as a positive for Ashley that the club has no debt. They are either liars or know-nowts. You choose.

I don't particularly give a shite because debt is debt is debt.

What's left.....?

how am i fawing over him by recognising the s*** position we were in when he took over. ashley didn't help a great deal, his handling of kinnear etc was the biggestsingle mistake he made that caused our relegation from his side but i also think had he not took over allardyce would have took us down and we'd have been in even bigger s****.

If that's your opinion, fair enough. Just stop telling me how good a job Ashley is doing because he's doing s****.

it's a deal...........on one condition. you stop telling me how good fred and co had been doing in their last few years....cos they were doing shit while lining their pockets.

That's easily done, as I hadn't been doing it anyway.

What's left.....?

it's a deal...........on one condition. you stop telling me how good fred and co had been doing in their last few years....cos they were doing s*** while lining their pockets.

That's easily done, as I hadn't been doing it anyway.

and i don't believe i'd been saying how good a job ashley had been doing.

Genuine question

A lot seem to think that Ashley is/was willing to write off the debt to sell, how do we know that?

as anyone who was interested had to sign non disclossure agreements.

I would have thought that we would have been snapped up debt free for 80mil, even running at a loss.

It seems to me that he wanted 80mil plus the debts to him still had to be paid and thats why we had no buyers.

If thats the case (but its only my take on it) then we are a lot worse off.

Only time will tell I suppose.

Genuine question

A lot seem to think that Ashley is/was willing to write off the debt to sell, how do we know that?

as anyone who was interested had to sign non disclossure agreements.

I would have thought that we would have been snapped up debt free for 80mil, even running at a loss.

It seems to me that he wanted 80mil plus the debts to him still had to be paid and thats why we had no buyers.

If thats the case (but its only my take on it) then we are a lot worse off.

Only time will tell I suppose.

thats the question that everyone was asking when mort was trying to raise the cash and why i stated 'if' in my earlier post.

even then 80mill for a championship club probably running at a loss is still way over the odds right now.