Newcastle United 3 - 0 Scunthorpe - 17/03/10 - post match reaction from page 14

Nate

Gol, sorry added this bit to my original post (too late obviously):

"Where did the argument happen, by the way? On the pitch?? I missed it if so. I don't think Scunny are down and out just yet either, have a feeling they were holding something back for the games on Saturday/Tuesday. Anything less than four points from those two and I might agree that things are extremely bleak."

Generally I wouldn't be too down-hearted after last night, even though it really was poor. There is enough quality to win a good few games yet and if Hooper/Hayes are back in tandem on Saturday and Mirfin comes back in then the team will improve massively.

Murphy had a big falling out with Jones at half time as they left the pitch. Then in the dressing room at the end of the match a few choice words were exchanged.

There's a lot of player power creeping in at Scunny, and certain people aren't very happy about it.

Oh, and to answer the earlier question, I didn't really want either team to lose :D I know it's a really strange situation, but this is the first season (and probably last) where they've met in the league. I didn't for the life of me think that they'd even be in the same division, considering Scunthorpe nearly dropped out of the league completely a few years back.

Tooj, are you referring to Forte or Hayes? I'm hoping it's the former.....

Forte.