NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3755963/Manchester-City-tell-Newcastle-to-pay-2million-to-loan-Wayne-Bridge.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

NEWCASTLE have been told to stump up around £2million to take Wayne Bridge on loan from Manchester City.

Bridge, signed for £12million from Chelsea in 2009, is not in boss Roberto Mancini's first-team plans but the City chief still wants a fee for any short-term deal.

Toon boss Alan Pardew - desperate to sign a left-back - would also have to pay half of Bridge's £90,000-a-week wages.

Nut, I expected your post to be some link to some new Frenchie, being in Australia there is no action on this forum when I'm at work, then you pipe in around 3.30pm my time, with L'Equipe updates. Your post was a massive let down.

Thanks

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3755963/Manchester-City-tell-Newcastle-to-pay-2million-to-loan-Wayne-Bridge.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

NEWCASTLE have been told to stump up around £2million to take Wayne Bridge on loan from Manchester City.

Bridge, signed for £12million from Chelsea in 2009, is not in boss Roberto Mancini's first-team plans but the City chief still wants a fee for any short-term deal.

Toon boss Alan Pardew - desperate to sign a left-back - would also have to pay half of Bridge's £90,000-a-week wages[\b].

:clap: Bridge's agent.

If we go into the derby without a recognised left back it will be nothing short of criminal. Lets just wait and see I guess but it was pretty clear to everyone that Enrique was off so if we're scraping around for options at this stage or even later and haggling for a cheap price unwilling to spend any money to plug the gap then it just shows what a farce the people are who are running the show (as said a million times).

We've had months to bring in a left back, or at least have a plan for when the inevitable happened. This, and the striker hunt is a bit of a disgrace really! Should have been sorted for the season, never mind Sunderland.

Guest BooBoo

Surely today is the last day we can bring someone in and expect them to play on Saturday. Anyone brought in on Thursday or Friday will barely have a chance to train and would at best, be on the bench.

Absolute farce really. Said it before if we lose on Saturday without the requisite two new players, Pardew will lose the crowd potentially for good. Very few NUFC managers have ever had enough goodwill in the bank to roll with a derby defeat.

Hopefully judging by the players we've signed so far and the previous links to M'Bengue, Pieters and Cissokho it suggests the Bridge link isn't a solid one. As was mentioned earlier, the fact Bridge is a LB and available and the fact we've recently sold Enrique makes me believe it's lazy journalism (let's be honest, it certainly wouldn't be the first time).

To go from links to three young full backs to an overpaid has-been seems a bit unrealistic and doesn't fit in with the apparent model of the club currently. I'm more than happy with that.

Famous last words?  :undecided:

We've had months to bring in a left back, or at least have a plan for when the inevitable happened. This, and the striker hunt is a bit of a disgrace really! Should have been sorted for the season, never mind Sunderland.

i agree but i do feel the transfer window opening and closing times over summer are a bit off.

The window should close the night before the season opens and should open a little earlier to compensate....this would encourage teams to have all their business complete before the season starts.

I didn't realise Bridge was on 90k a week

:kinnear:

Says everything about the current salary level in PL.A mediocre player who has been injued or sitting on the bench more or less half his career is earning 90 000 a week..sick..

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think the regime is extremely naive in how easy they think it is to sign decent players

The likelihood of someone coming in before Saturday is very slim considering how bullish pardew was

I think the regime is extremely naive in how easy they think it is to sign decent players

The likelihood of someone coming in before Saturday is very slim considering how bullish pardew was

The same could be said about us..We're furious if decent replacements don't arrive asap, forgeting all the contingencies the club has to consider: agents (who actively distorts information) work permits, , salary, current contract situation, a seller club that wants to get as much as possible, economical limitations, does he fit into our style of play, and subjective factors such as players' personality traits (will he blend with the group). If all these contigencies don't fall into place, a transfer might fall through..

As I think we'll sign Pieters though I don't see it being an issue even. Least we're thinking of a plan C anyway.

We're in no need of a cheap, shitty plan C. Just sign Pieters, Cissokho or M'Bengue. Now is really the time to spend some real money.