NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

As it'll be elsewhere too...Enquiry about Wayne Bridge over the weekend. Seven figure loan fee likely to scupper deal. More tomorrow! #NUFC

33 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I honestly can't see why Ashley would sanction it, it's against his entiire philosophy

To save money?

Only in the short term

We signed Kuqi and Campbell as older players to avoid having to pay for players, why not Bridge?

Would we save money? Can't be arsed to work out the maths but is £1m + £80k a week and no sell on clause more than £6m + £30k a week plus can sell in a couple of years, potentially for more than we paid.

?

Would we save money? Can't be arsed to work out the maths but is £1m + £80k a week and no sell on clause more than £6m + £30k a week plus can sell in a couple of years, potentially for more than we paid.

?

That's probably why we've supposedly shit ourselves. The main issue is even considering him.

I honestly can't see why Ashley would sanction it, it's against his entiire philosophy

To save money?

Only in the short term

We signed Kuqi and Campbell as older players to avoid having to pay for players, why not Bridge?

They were free and I bet their wages were no where near 80,000.

To save money?

Only in the short term

If we get Bridge we won't be paying that either.

If we are. I still think/hope It's just journalism at its laziest.

Fwiw worth, I did the rough maths and Bridge for one year with a £1m loan fee and full wages would cost £2m less than the reported figures for Pieters.

To save money?

Only in the short term

Unless City are willing to pay some of it I don't see why he'd take a cut.

I guess we'll see, but in my opinion I honestly think this is a none starter.

To save money?

Only in the short term

Unless City are willing to pay some of it I don't see why he'd take a cut.

I guess we'll see, but in my opinion I honestly think this is a none starter.

Non-starter or otherwise, it's a fucking joke that we're resorting to asking after him. And yes, I believe the two local journalists who are reporting this for different newspapers.

If they reported interest in someone good would they just be club puppets? ;)

As far as I can recall I've never accused any journalist of being a club puppet.

Works both ways this you know. Negative story: must be false. Despite every fucking thing that's happened.

Bridge on loan as a stop gap, sign a freebie next summer. Could all make twisted sense.

That's my fear.

Just when we think we're getting rid of the last of the cloggers next summer (Smith, Lovenkrands) we'd have to get another one in to frustrate every one for good measure.