NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

'with the Dutch club aware Pardew is keen to sign a replacement for Jose Enrique before Saturday, they will try to squeeze as much money out the Magpies as possible.'

How strange. :icon_scratch:

Squeeze all they like I think its clear to us and Pards that Bridge is the only leftback we will be signing.

Why? :lol:

cheapest option

Two million and 90k wages for a year loan isn't cheap.

45 k wages and two million were reported. That's the cheap option alright. Then we'll probably be looking for a free transfer next summer.

Guest Geordiesned

I thought a failed appeal meant another match suspension for Gervinho?

Only when it's so daft it's deemed 'frivolous'. I would have said this one was tbh considering it's there for all to see and the ref gave him the red, but there you go.

They didn't appeal against the actual red card but against the length of the ban.

There's no way I can see us signing Bridge like.  It's illogical on so many levels.

This club and logic do not go together.. if it did Jose woold still be here until we had signed a replacement.

There's no way I can see us signing Bridge like.  It's illogical on so many levels.

This club and logic do not go together.. if it did Jose woold still be here until we had signed a replacement.

True, but I doubt they'd make a move that would financially cost them in the long run

Guest icemanblue

Zero resale value and we have to sign some other shit player in one year's time. Not cheap at all.

Besides, if that's the case why not just go sign some dude we've never heard of on a free. CHEAPER!

Eh? Where did anyone mention resale value? Or say that signing him would be cheap?

There's a difference between being incompetent and strategically deducing the worst possible course of action and following it every time.

Yet its what they do time and time again

Like signing Enrique/Colo/Tiote/Ben Arfa/Cabaye?

Their incoming transfer record isn't that bad at all

There's a difference between being incompetent and strategically deducing the worst possible course of action and following it every time.

No it's not. They could do worse if they tried hard enough.

Zero resale value and we have to sign some other shit player in one year's time. Not cheap at all.

Besides, if that's the case why not just go sign some dude we've never heard of on a free. CHEAPER!

Eh? Where did anyone mention resale value? Or say that signing him would be cheap?

I said cheapest option out of the players we are being linked with... resale value does not matter if he is looking to shift the club its about what is cheapest now..

Jose gone at at a loss... and I doubt the rest will be here next season.

It will not be fun to see fucking useless cunt Bridges on the LB, I am almost tempted to say I would prefer Raylor as scary as it seems. Bridges was a fucking wandering freekick with no fucking clue of what to do when he was at West Ham, wonder how he would do here. I hope to dear god that this is just panic and random journo banter. But if it happens. I might just cry a little.

They're making it sound as though Pardew is the one pushing for Wayne Bridge. The same idea was intimated with supposed interest in Carlton Cole in the last window.

If this is true I'm happy that the Derek and Ashley are so involved in th etype of players we bid for.

Seems Pardew might be another one of those English managers that would do anything for the infamous prem experience player, regardless of how poor the players might be.

Pretty scary really.

Jose gone at at a loss... and I doubt the rest will be here next season.

We're talking about incomings though.

Plus doesn't Jose going at a loss kind of contradict your point?

I don't want to be right, in fact I hope to fuck I am wrong but its not like I am blowing things out of proportion you all know as well as I do that there is a VERY real chance it could be Bridge we end up with.

When it comes down to spending between £6-9m on a leftback or getting one on loan, the loan has the best chance of getting done.

Clubs know we are desperate as we do not have a leftback so they are going to play hardball, but thats the situation the fat cunt got us in, we are desperate so just bite the fkn bullet pay the money and learn from the fkn mistake made.

I agree it's a desperate situation. This could of been avoided by simply buying Jose's replacement before he was sold, now clubs will be milking us for all we're worth. However, it's only my opinion but I just can't see the powers that be sanctioning a move for Bridge, given his age, wage and his short term usefulness. I think the Pieters deal will go through, just can't see it before Saturday unfortunately.

I agree it's a desperate situation. This could of been avoided by simply buying Jose's replacement before he was sold, now clubs will be milking us for all we're worth. However, it's only my opinion but I just can't see the powers that be sanctioning a move for Bridge, given his age, wage and his short term usefulness. I think the Pieters deal will go through, just can't see it before Saturday unfortunately.

Well I guess if we had been willing to pay them what they wanted for him then Pieters could/would have been here, yet he will play for PSV tomorrow, cannot see them dropping the price so if they won't pay it now then why pay it later?.

£6m now when we need a leftback for Sunday or wait a week, for what? still need a leftback for the Fulham game.

Time is running out, non of these clubs have to sell their players but we have to buy one, pay now or later we are still going to have too pay, may as well pay now and get the player as soon as we can.

If they think these guys are too expensive then look for other left backs that are int he range of what you want to pay.

It does seem that whatever the price for any player, the club just wants to get away with paying less. It's all quite petty.

Frustrating more than anything if we don't make the most of this. Looks like we have the chance of bringing in Maiga and Cissokho, which would make our squad far more competitive and strong than it is now. Unwillingness to pay out around £15m for the pair could potentially lead to us trying to sign Wayne Bridge and some average Premiership experienced striker or a fucking loan move for Macheda.

This despite bringing in £45m from transfer fees and even more from wages off the book, this year. Unbelievable.