NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

We need three players?

I'd be content with a striker and a left back.

We're going into a new season with two fit CBs.  That's not really good enough.  We need a cover, even if it is a free agent like Campbell again to provide emergency cover.

Situ, if he actually signs.

We can't keep talking about players who haven't signed as if they have, man. :lol:

We don't have a fit back up CB, so we need to sign one for the season.  Doesn't really matter who.  But they're not over the line yet, and they remain a body we have 47 hours to bring in.

Kind of tried to avoid that.

Guest bimpy474

We have 47 hours to bring in three players.

Highly unlikely.

Especially when our targets are seemingly all based abroad. Obviously there's nowt wrong with that but getting them over here is just another obstacle to overcome.

Plus there's the international break; the England players met up today (Monday) for example.

The only thing keeping me the slightest bit hopeful is that the likes of Marveaux came completely our of the blue.

As did Jonas i recall.

Probably worth pointing out Situ appears to have only made two professional appearances in his career so far; 90mins in the French equivalent of the FA Cup in 09/10 and 12mins as a sub in a top flight game last year. I think expecting him to provide any kind of cover in the Premier League at this stage is perhaps going a bit far.

Holy fucking shit.  I can't believe it's actually going to fucking happen.  Mike Ashley, Fat fucking bastard, had the foundation in place for a fabulous fucking offseason and he's fucking pissing it away.  He brought in 3 players for next to fucking nothing, trims some fucking deadwood (ok we can debate some of that) and instead of building on that fucking success he sticks his finger up his fucking asshole and lets the window drain away while the club faffs about with players who were never going to fucking come and replace Jose fucking Enrique and andy fucking Carroll.

Penny wise and pound fucking foolish.

Probably worth pointing out Situ appears to have only made two professional appearances in his career so far; 90mins in the French equivalent of the FA Cup in 09/10 and 12mins as a sub in a top flight game last year. I think expecting him to provide any kind of cover in the Premier League at this stage is perhaps going a bit far.

Aye, massive ask really. Although Bassong more-or-less came from nowhere as far as most of us were concerned I'm fairly sure he had a decent number of first-team games under his belt with Metz.

I've been harping on about centre-back since Campbell went, so apologies if it's boring people, but I was pleased to see a tidbit in one of the local rags this week that suggested Pardew had similar concerns now Williamson had been injured. Better late than never.

However that's reminded me I also saw quotes from him earlier in the week stating Perch was an option to cover there when he got back to fitness...

Aye, massive ask really. Although Bassong more-or-less came from nowhere as far as most of us were concerned I'm fairly sure he had a decent number of first-team games under his belt with Metz.

I've been harping on about centre-back since Campbell went, so apologies if it's boring people, but I was pleased to see a tidbit in one of the local rags this week that suggested Pardew had similar concerns now Williamson had been injured. Better late than never.

However that's reminded me I also saw quotes from him earlier in the week stating Perch was an option to cover there when he got back to fitness...

Ironically enough the Williamson injury is probably helping Pardew to 'convince' them to buy a full back. If it was Pieters he could have gone to centre back if needed with Ferguson or Ryan Taylor at left back; if Santon comes in then Simpson could go to centre back with Ferguson at left back and Ryan Taylor at right back. There are a couple of other options too.

All too much square pegs/round holes for my liking though.

Bassong was a first team player at Metz for at least three seasons, and much of this was in Ligue 1.

Ironically enough the Williamson injury is probably helping Pardew to 'convince' them to buy a full back. If it was Pieters he could have gone to centre back if needed with Ferguson or Ryan Taylor at left back; if Santon comes in then Simpson could go to centre back with Ferguson at left back and Ryan Taylor at right back. There are a couple of other options too.

All too much square pegs/round holes for my liking though.

Good god I hope not, he was atrocious the last time he played CB.

Guest BigTrev

I am under the impression that santon will Newark settle but by getting macarda in who is Italian will help him settle

Guest elbee909

I am under the impression that santon will Newark settle but by getting macarda in who is Italian will help him settle

Newark is a fair way away.

Newark is a fair way away.

He'll fit right in being Italian and all.

We have 47 hours to bring in three players.

Highly unlikely.

Especially when our targets are seemingly all based abroad. Obviously there's nowt wrong with that but getting them over here is just another obstacle to overcome.

Plus there's the international break; the England players met up today (Monday) for example.

The only thing keeping me the slightest bit hopeful is that the likes of Marveaux came completely our of the blue.

As did Jonas i recall.

....and the majority of our transfers under Ashley.