NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest bimpy474

Blimey this threads happiness rating has just gone downhill faster than Franz Klammer.

Ya miserable bunch of sods  :angry:

Blimey this threads happiness rating has just gone downhill faster than Franz Klammer.

What the fuck do you expect? Seriously, this is just unacceptable from "the hierarchy".

Least we could have expected was a left back and a striker in permanently. What happened to the transfer model? By them young with the promise to improve and sell for profit? This doesn't even fall into that idea, just pointless in every sense. Would rather play Vuckic and Sammy.

I'd rather give Sammy (and/or Vuckic) a chance tbh.

Definitely. Poor signing in every regard. Getting in another teams youngster, who haven't done well, when our own is starting to really break through. Sickening.

If it's just Macheda it's a f***ing joke. If it's him and another one then fair enough.

Aye. Macheda may turn out to be decent, but it's us cheaping it out and going for the unwanted kid on loan that's the frustrating thing.

1 goal in 12 for Sampdoria. 1 year loan - no option to buy. It's said before, but you couldn't make it up.

The fact that there's no option to buy suggests that Man U clearly rate this kid. They had no problem selling us Obertan after all.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Vuckic broke his hand on Sunday, will be out for about a  month from competitive but can still train normally.

If it's just Macheda it's a f***ing joke. If it's him and another one then fair enough.

Aye. Macheda may turn out to be decent, but it's us cheaping it out and going for the unwanted kid on loan that's the frustrating thing.

1 goal in 12 for Sampdoria. 1 year loan - no option to buy. It's said before, but you couldn't make it up.

The fact that there's no option to buy suggests that Man U clearly rate this kid. They had no problem selling us Obertan after all.

Give over man. It's just ridiculous.

Guest bimpy474

Even I can't see a silver lining to this one.

Its not looking rosy i grant you, best put this place or suicide watch just incase like..

@OSullivanMUFC Seán O'Sullivan

Sky Italia claim Macheda to Newcastle: 1-year loan, no option to buy, no recall option. #MUFC #NUFC

3 minutes ago

F*** sake. Like some of you have said, this would be a f***ing waste of time.

Vuckic broke his hand on Sunday, will be out for about a  month from competitive but can still train normally.

Where's that been confirmed?

Guest Heneage

Only saw him once for Sampdoria. I know the general feeling was he was poor, though.

Who wasn't in that side though.  :undecided:

The no buy option confirms it really. It's a backup signing, I assume there's been no ground made with Maiga or Roux.

If it's just Macheda it's a fucking joke. If it's him and another one then fair enough.

That would make even less sense though.

Considering what happened with Rossi, if Macheda is really coming here he'd surely have to be a starter. If we brought in someone else as well then Ba, Best and Ameobi would all be benched or out of the squad. Ashley wouldn't pay for that anyway.

If it was a season's loan, he wouldn't have to be a starter - he'd just have to be in and around the 18. The Rossi thing was a bit odd because we had a relatively low number of forwards at the time, and also Rossi couldn't play in the UEFA Cup games - and yet Roeder still gave him 10 minutes here or there and only the occasional start. We also only had Rossi for about 3-4 months, meaning we had less time to establish him in the team/for Roeder to realise he was actually a bit good.

We've apparently been trying to peddle Lovenkrands, and Ranger is probably at the point of no return and might yet be released/sold. Replacing those two (although admittedly Ranger isn't even in the picture) would (should?) mean two forward signings.

Agree with this, btw.