NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

Another thing about this if we were desperate to take some of Man U's scraps I'd actually prefer Diouf.

Too much like Ba.

Macheda. :lol:

Whether this specific link is true or not, this is the sort i striker i expect us to get. We will get one, and it'll be one of this ilk. A pointless and contradictory loan, or another Kuqi/Sibierski.

Sibs was mint  :angry:

He was mint by accident.

Was this the window when West Ham signed Tevez and Mascherano?

Pretty sure it was. The whole country was still in shock, and buzzing after that news.

Only to then have the news of Newcastle signing Sibierski scrolling accross the bottom of Sky Sports News some time after.

Don't think I have ever been more underwhelmed by a signing.

He did okay in the end, and it was all very cute, but man it was humiliaitng at the time.

@dimarziotweet Gianluca Di Marzio

#footballtransferts #Macheda from #Manutd to #Newcastle on loan

1 hour ago

Asked if it's true or just a rumour:

@dimarziotweet Gianluca Di Marzio

@AndrewHunter9 close, very close

1 hour ago

Some bloke who works for that Sky Sport Italia btw. Can't remember if it's been posted.

Another thing about this if we were desperate to take some of Man U's scraps I'd actually prefer Diouf.

I was thinking this earlier, but didn't even want to bother mentioning it as the temperatures were rising already on here.

A lot speedier and more mobile from what I remember. Also has the benefit of a few appearances with Blackburn last season.

Sibierski arrived with zero expectations and managed to score and make a few goals. His attitude was good but please don't tell me he was mint. He was never a good player and he became a cult figure by accident.

We have 47 hours to bring in three players.

Highly unlikely.

Yup. Some talk like it's not hard yet we've faffed around in the last 70 days and only managed to bring in one player in that time.

We've got no chance to do anything decent in less than 2 days.

Guest bimpy474

Macheda. :lol:

Whether this specific link is true or not, this is the sort i striker i expect us to get. We will get one, and it'll be one of this ilk. A pointless and contradictory loan, or another Kuqi/Sibierski.

Sibs was mint  :angry:

He was mint by accident.

Was this the window when West Ham signed Tevez and Mascherano?

Pretty sure it was. The whole country was still in shock, and buzzing after that news.

Only to then have the news of Newcastle signing Sibierski scrolling accross the bottom of Sky Sports News some time after.

Don't think I have ever been more underwhelmed by a signing.

He did okay in the end, and it was all very cute, but man it was humiliaitng at the time.

Sibs came right at the end of the window, something like 11.45pm i think, massive anti climax that turn outgood in the end.

That goal in Europe  :smitten:

Guest bimpy474

Sibierski arrived with zero expectations and managed to score and make a few goals. His attitude was good but please don't tell me he was mint. He was never a good player and he became a cult figure by accident.

Harsh, thought he was good myself.

Define good though. He got three league goals.

We need three players?

I'd be content with a striker and a left back.

We're going into a new season with two fit CBs.  That's not really good enough.  We need a cover, even if it is a free agent like Campbell again to provide emergency cover.

Situ, if he actually signs.

Our definitions of 'good' are miles apart then. He was popular and gave 100%. This didn't make him good.

Fucking ridiculous if we sell Carroll for £35m in January, then after over 8 months of planning the best we can do is Federico fucking Macheda on a bloody loan.

The entire lot of them want shot with shit. Hopeless cunts.

We need three players?

I'd be content with a striker and a left back.

We're going into a new season with two fit CBs.  That's not really good enough.  We need a cover, even if it is a free agent like Campbell again to provide emergency cover.

Situ, if he actually signs.

We can't keep talking about players who haven't signed as if they have, man. :lol:

We don't have a fit back up CB, so we need to sign one for the season.  Doesn't really matter who.  But they're not over the line yet, and they remain a body we have 47 hours to bring in.

Highly unlikely.

Especially when our targets are seemingly all based abroad. Obviously there's nowt wrong with that but getting them over here is just another obstacle to overcome.

Plus there's the international break; the England players met up today (Monday) for example.

Guest bimpy474

Our definitions of 'good' are miles apart then. He was popular and gave 100%. This didn't make him good.

Is why we love football, opinions, boring if we all thought all the same.

Highly unlikely.

Especially when our targets are seemingly all based abroad. Obviously there's nowt wrong with that but getting them over here is just another obstacle to overcome.

Plus there's the international break; the England players met up today (Monday) for example.

The only thing keeping me the slightest bit hopeful is that the likes of Marveaux came completely our of the blue.

Highly unlikely.

The only thing keeping me the slightest bit hopeful is that the likes of Marveaux came completely our of the blue.

Only cause Liverpool got him next door, and we just pinched him as he was passing through. :lol:

Is why we love football, opinions, boring if we all thought all the same.

:lol:

Aye...

It's honestly getting to the stage now where I'm just hoping we sign a left back.

A left-back is the only thing I think we could really argue that we "need". In the literal sense of the word, I mean.

However, given all of the talk/bids over the past months in the striker department (from everyone up to Pardew), I do agree that unless a quality striker is added to that then we have shit the bed massively. Again.

Those two have to be a minimum for most, anything else has been made a bonus by our glorious leaders, when really we do look exceptionally short in central defence as well.