NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Btw the only people 'imploding' should be the ones who have been banging on about there being ages left all summer, and assuring every 'negative' person that we'd come out of it smelling of roses. They are the ones who are supposed to be being let down.

Got a funny feeling it won't work out like that though.

I don't know about that Dave. I'm fairly sure you were championing Randy Lerner as the ideal chairman a while back. How do you feel about Villa now with  Alex MCleish in charge?

What a utterly irrelevant thing to bring up. Not that I can remember 'championing' Villa's owner anyway.

Wednesday is going to be unbelievable, isn't it.

Thursday is the day. We'll go to bed disillusioned and wake up on Thursday like a f***ing hurricane.

Football section will be like Hiroshima.

And there'll still be people defending actions/putting a positive spin on it.

"Wey you know lads, Sheringham is a proven PL goalscorer..."

Thursday is the day. We'll go to bed disillusioned and wake up on Thursday like a f***ing hurricane.

:sadnod:

Alternatively we'll wake up giddy with a shiny new striker.

Guest bimpy474

Alternatively we'll wake up giddy with a shiny new striker.

Hello :)

There'll probably be at least 1 on here who says they're delighted that we just got a loan in at the end rather than spunking money up the wall for the sake of it on a striker who wasn't worth it because we're so close to the deadline, completely ignoring the last 3 months we've fannied about.

Situ sounds promising.  :thup:

Captain at all youth levels for France, Santon is Italy U-21 captain. It's fucking good moves like that which make the inability to go out and fill up the squad properly even more ridiculous. We're filling up positions well with cheap, promising options but we're not doing enough of it and spending proper money where necessary.

Guest Heneage

Wonder if Situ will be capable of "doing a Bassong" if necessary?

I think he could for some daft reason. I fully expect him, like Abeid to be in and around the first team picture with a view to picking up minutes.

Situ sounds promising. :thup:

Captain at all youth levels for France, Santon is Italy U-21 captain. It's f***ing good moves like that which make the inability to go out and fill up the squad properly even more ridiculous. We're filling up positions well with cheap, promising options but we're not doing enough of it and spending proper money where necessary.

I think it shows that with the correct scouting and patience you can find good players for good prices. I'd love them to do a Q&A with Carr but then I'd imagine he could answer questions about the method and technique they use.

Situ sounds promising.  :thup:

Captain at all youth levels for France, Santon is Italy U-21 captain. It's fucking good moves like that which make the inability to go out and fill up the squad properly even more ridiculous. We're filling up positions well with cheap, promising options but we're not doing enough of it and spending proper money where necessary.

We'll be very profitable mint in a few years.

Captain at all youth levels for France, Santon is Italy U-21 captain. It's f***ing good moves like that which make the inability to go out and fill up the squad properly even more ridiculous. We're filling up positions well with cheap, promising options but we're not doing enough of it.

Exactly. I'm extremely impressed with almost all of the signings we've made this summer. We've done a fantastic job with the opportunistic, intelligent signings that allow smaller (financially) clubs to compete. The refusal to spend and the failure to address glaring needs hurt because they prevent us from being able to achieve something special. We've put together a very good team for a club that was in the Championship two years ago, bt we've wasted so much more potential.

I'm quite happy with the Macheda transfer taken as an individual action by the football club, but it would quite disappointing given the context of the whole transfer window. I believe he is a player who can perform for a club of our level and could be probably  be bought at a low price if we actually desire his service long term. However, we really needed an experienced, proven striker at the club. Ameobi, who could barely get a match while we were being relegated, has been one of the first names on the team sheet for nine months now. I would be very pleased with Santon, though.

With the current leadership of the club, I'm split between love and hate. I think we've almost universally made intelligent, quality, and cost effective signings since our relegation, but the blatant disregard for the realities of football is grating.

:thup:

Like I said the other day, very happy with the signings we have made but massively let down by those that haven't.

We have brought in some real talent and looks like we are sorting out some very good young player for the future but we still need some players for right now. The minimum is left back, right wing and striker. I think we might get left back, the rest will be excuses or Macheda which isn't good enough by a long shot.

Captain at all youth levels for France, Santon is Italy U-21 captain. It's f***ing good moves like that which make the inability to go out and fill up the squad properly even more ridiculous. We're filling up positions well with cheap, promising options but we're not doing enough of it.

Exactly. I'm extremely impressed with almost all of the signings we've made this summer. We've done a fantastic job with the opportunistic, intelligent signings that allow smaller (financially) clubs to compete. The refusal to spend and the failure to address glaring needs hurt because they prevent us from being able to achieve something special. We've put together a very good team for a club that was in the Championship two years ago, bt we've wasted so much more potential.

Totally agree. Happy with the players we've signed so far. It's what we've not signed that fucks me off.

Guest bimpy474

Like I said the other day, very happy with the signings we have made but massively let down by those that haven't.

We have brought in some real talent and looks like we are sorting out some very good young player for the future but we still need some players for right now. The minimum is left back, right wing and striker. I think we might get left wing, the rest will be excuses or Macheda which isn't good enough by a long shot.

That was Marveaux wasn't it ?