NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Flatline

He might score a lot, but how many goals has he cost us? Not saying he has cost us any, just wondering. Generally when our midfield gets over run its his fault. So a fair few I reckon, maybe more than he's scored.

Hey, it doesnt matter how many goals and overran midfields he has cost us. he scores goals hence there must be more pressing issues, ask roger kint :lol:

Guest Flatline

It annoys me how crap Nolan can be but hey, he scores a lot.

Well yeah. Can understand that opinion, as I share it. But saying he should be dropped from side is ridiculous. Without his goals, we'd really be in a relegation battle.

I suppose it could be argued that with a good creative and goalscoring midfielder, we could be pushing the top 6, but for now there are more pressing issues within the squad that must be resolved.

Without Nolan on the pitch we would not have had the goals but neither would we have had his shortcomings,  totally different game tbh, might even have been several places higher with a properly conditioned CM with the ability to challenge and run through..

We might have been *something, something if something, something *.

Pointless. Nolan HAS scored a lot of goals and been a good captain. You can't argue with that because it is a fact.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew is understood to have approached French club Lille about the possibility of securing both Moussa Sow and Gervinho on a deal that would result in the pair spearheading a £40m-rated Magpies attack next season.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/858932-moussa-sow-and-gervinho-subject-to-40m-newcastle-transfer-enquiry#ixzz1HShbQgzU

:frantic: :celb: :harry: :no:

Guest Roger Kint

He might score a lot, but how many goals has he cost us? Not saying he has cost us any, just wondering. Generally when our midfield gets over run its his fault. So a fair few I reckon, maybe more than he's scored.

Hey, it doesnt matter how many goals and overran midfields he has cost us. he scores goals hence there must be more pressing issues, ask roger kint :lol:

You are clueless, stick to simulating sex with mannequins and stop embarrassing yourself with this rubbish.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew is understood to have approached French club Lille about the possibility of securing both Moussa Sow and Gervinho on a deal that would result in the pair spearheading a £40m-rated Magpies attack next season.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/858932-moussa-sow-and-gervinho-subject-to-40m-newcastle-transfer-enquiry#ixzz1HShbQgzU

Looks like Pardew has been playing with the editor on Football Manager again. Why doesnt he just make himself the manager of Lille and transfer them for £100k each, novice.

Guest Flatline

You are clueless, stick to simulating sex with mannequins and stop embarrassing yourself with this rubbish.

I think we just disagree on the issue. I cant think of a bigger one than being overrun in the middle.  It shapes the games ( we lose).

You seem to think we have other issues who needs adressing first. I dont. End of.

Guest Roger Kint

If you cant see that our most pressing issue is signing a striker then i strongly urge you to give up this sport alltogether, its clearly beyond you and this is not taking into account the probable loss of our ONLY LB this summer.

Don´t know much about Sow? Gervinho looks like a good player which i would like us to sign! But 40 mill for them both seems desperate....that is a lot of money! Are they really worth 20 mill each????? Even 20 mill for Gervinho seems to be 5-10 mill to much, i think

Guest Roger Kint

I don't see why you have to get so personal about it like.

Very tame compared to most people's personal remarks on here, thanks for your continued attention though.

Besides it was only in response to him thinking my very reasonable assertion that replacing Nolan is not our priority was comical.

Guest Flatline

Everyone who disagrees with him should appearently leave this board and take up chess instead =\

Guest Roger Kint

Everyone who disagrees with him should appearently leave this board and take up chess instead =\

More complete and utter dogshit from you, consistency over quality i see.

Guest Roger Kint

Put it this way, if we start next season without signing a quality striker I will be shitting it.

You must be as thick as me then.

Guest Flatline

More complete and utter dogshit from you, consistency over quality i see.

Who needs opposite team fans when you have fellow fans like you.

Nice forum contributions mate, regards from Norway.

Guest Flatline

You are mixing up future pressing issues and what makes us lose games right here and now. Sure,  LB position is a big`un this summer, as well as getting a proper Premier league strikeforce.

But thats not what keeps us in or out of the top division right now. We score goals, and we have a LB. There is no point in scoring a goal if we concede 2, like against everton. Im not saying Nolan is solely to blame for an overran midfield...or actually I am, but in a 4-4-2 system with barton on the right in a Beckham-kinda role, I want Tiote assigned to DEFENSIVE duties only. For that to happen we need a CM who can dominate in a, yeah, Van der Vaart-ish way.

I agree with you that LB and strikers are a priority, but I disagree with you that its the most pressing issue right now. As of now we need to win the battle for the midfield, and while we cant do anything about it since we have a shitload of injuries and are outside of transfer season, im simply pointing out that Nolans lack of capacity is making that very hard for us.

I think the players we have returning, Ben Arfa and Gosling, along with the possible debut of Ireland, will have a big impact on whether we sign an attacking midfielder.

I agree with Flatline about Nolan's limitations, and it would be great to have a more dynamic player in that position, but I get the feeling we think we might already have enough options there.

Guest Roger Kint

I think the players we have returning, Ben Arfa and Gosling, along with the possible debut of Ireland, will have a big impact on whether we sign an attacking midfielder.

I agree with Flatline about Nolan's limitations, and it would be great to have a more dynamic player in that position, but I get the feeling we think we might already have enough options there.

The obvious flaw in his comments being nobody at all is saying Nolan is without limitations. This entire discussion revolves around the very simple fact that when it comes to signing players this summer the replacement of Nolan doesnt even rank in the top 2/3 urgent issues. Its baffling that he cant see this yet choses to repeat rubbish that i havent even said.