suprise move

womblemaster

Angelo Di Livio did something similar a while back, only several times better. Only player to stick with Fiorentina when they went bankrupt and were relegated to the bottom of the Italian professional divisions, and iirc played for free or extremely reduced wages as he helped Fiorentina back up. And iirc he was still an Italian international when this happened, so could easily have moved to another top flight club if he wanted, even if he was approaching the end of his career.

Shame there aren't more like him.

how come no-one understands he's gonna get paid for the next 2 seasons?

if he'd have really meant the gesture he'd have said not to pay him next year but more then likely he'll know there's no chance of him staying at milan for another 3 years if they ever want to improve to their old standards as a club

but hey ho, well done gooch you're a good 'un  :thup:

Even though he's not going as far as you suggest, he's still making a gesture by saying 'I've been paid for nowt this year, so will play for nowt when my contract runs out'.

Seems a bit tight to nit-pick and say it's a shit gesture, when he didn't have to make any gesture at all. 

fair comment like, just think people are going a bit overboard when it's arguable if he'll even be around to play a season for fuck all by then...but yeah, suppose it's better than being all michaelowen about it

how come no-one understands he's gonna get paid for the next 2 seasons?

if he'd have really meant the gesture he'd have said not to pay him next year but more then likely he'll know there's no chance of him staying at milan for another 3 years if they ever want to improve to their old standards as a club

but hey ho, well done gooch you're a good 'un  :thup:

Even though he's not going as far as you suggest, he's still making a gesture by saying 'I've been paid for nowt this year, so will play for nowt when my contract runs out'.

Seems a bit tight to nit-pick and say it's a shit gesture, when he didn't have to make any gesture at all. 

fair comment like, just think people are going a bit overboard when it's arguable if he'll even be around to play a season for fuck all by then...but yeah, suppose it's better than being all michaelowen about it

I guess that's why he gets the kudos - it might end up being an empty gesture, but at least he's made a gesture that 99.9% of top-flight footballers would never consider