Parky vs. Immigration issues in International football caused by modern society

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ridiculous poll question tbh.This isn't even the debate!!The debate is whether Germany are stretching the rules to allow Brazilian born and bred Cacau to play for them.As Kezman points out,Poland have also done this as have Middle Eastern nations.

It is something I wouldn't be happy about if the English FA started courting the likes of Almunia/Arteta.

To call Parky a Fascist,in his views which incidentally I agree with, is frankly disgusting,and obviously doesn't show a high level of intelligence,to resort to a foul level of name calling.

You only partly agree with the view he's been putting across, though. Which incidentially also is the part the rest of us also agree with.

I've stated already if you are born in a country or have parents/grandparents that were,then you should be allowed to play for them.

You'll be advocating a transfer market for international football next.It's like England sending scouts to Brazil to watch say U-12 footballers,offering the best players' parents fortunes and nice houses in England, to play for England when they are 20 or so.It isn't right man.

I'm not advocating that at all, man. Have you even read my posts? I'm against nautralising players as adults, just not against letting people who've lived their whole life in a country play for that country because they were born somewhere else.

But that's what Germany has done mate!!The scouting of young Brazilians/whoever by foreign scouts is surely what will happen next if it hasn't already.Some countries are traditionally unscrupulous in their pilgrimage to win at all costs.

The only player that shouldn't be able to play for Germany in their WC squad is Cacau.

Not what the Poles think though is it?

The Poles have, and should have, no say in demanding someone who's almost never lived in their country to play for them.

So if Germany hoover up all Polish teenagers showing promise you'd be fine with that?

Ridiculous poll question tbh.This isn't even the debate!!The debate is whether Germany are stretching the rules to allow Brazilian born and bred Cacau to play for them.As Kezman points out,Poland have also done this as have Middle Eastern nations.

It is something I wouldn't be happy about if the English FA started courting the likes of Almunia/Arteta.

To call Parky a Fascist,in his views which incidentally I agree with, is frankly disgusting,and obviously doesn't show a high level of intelligence,to resort to a foul level of name calling.

You only partly agree with the view he's been putting across, though. Which incidentially also is the part the rest of us also agree with.

I've stated already if you are born in a country or have parents/grandparents that were,then you should be allowed to play for them.

You'll be advocating a transfer market for international football next.It's like England sending scouts to Brazil to watch say U-12 footballers,offering the best players' parents fortunes and nice houses in England, to play for England when they are 20 or so.It isn't right man.

I'm not advocating that at all, man. Have you even read my posts? I'm against nautralising players as adults, just not against letting people who've lived their whole life in a country play for that country because they were born somewhere else.

But that's what Germany has done mate!!The scouting of young Brazilians/whoever by foreign scouts is surely what will happen next if it hasn't already.Some countries are traditionally unscrupulous in their pilgrimage to win at all costs.

The only player that shouldn't be able to play for Germany in their WC squad is Cacau.

Imagine Germany vs Norway in the WC final.Cacau,as he did yesterday,makes a preposterous dive in the box.The ref buys it,gives the penalty,Cacau gets up and scores the pen,and wins the Cup for his adopted nation.You'd be really happy wouldn't you?

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking hell, black is white, left is right and I agree with Parky and Sepp Blatter.  :kasper:

I'm not advocating that at all, man. Have you even read my posts? I'm against nautralising players as adults, just not against letting people who've lived their whole life in a country play for that country because they were born somewhere else. Parky is advocating a complete blanket ban on anything but pure blooded footballers representing their nation.

Nothing to do with pure blood or race where you're born is it. English black players play for Eng cause they're born in England not cause they have Caucasian blood. Really quite concerned the amount of insinuations you've managed to level at this thread notwithstand that fifa are worried about it...I supposee fifa, Beckanbauer and half the German nation are talking shit and you living in some skiing village know what's what. Mind boggling.

Random insults without trying to back up your point properly is just annoying, you really don't know how to debate something, do you? You're like the NE5 of politics.

And it's not the first time the German nation have been talking shit.

Imagine Germany vs Norway in the WC final.Cacau,as he did yesterday,makes a preposterous dive in the box.The ref buys it,gives the penalty,Cacau gets up and scores the pen,and wins the Cup for his adopted nation.You'd be really happy wouldn't you?

I'd be sad Norway lost, but I'd not give a shit if it was Cacau that scored.

I'm not advocating that at all, man. Have you even read my posts? I'm against nautralising players as adults, just not against letting people who've lived their whole life in a country play for that country because they were born somewhere else. Parky is advocating a complete blanket ban on anything but pure blooded footballers representing their nation.

Nothing to do with pure blood or race where you're born is it. English black players play for Eng cause they're born in England not cause they have Caucasian blood. Really quite concerned the amount of insinuations you've managed to level at this thread notwithstand that fifa are worried about it...I supposee fifa, Beckanbauer and half the German nation are talking shit and you living in some skiing village know what's what. Mind boggling.

Random insults without trying to back up your point properly is just annoying, you really don't know how to debate something, do you? You're like the NE5 of politics.

I've quoted 5 articles backing my point and also the concerns fifa have, but mountain boy who doesn't live in the same country as the person he's agruing wiht knows best. You should work on it, stand up isn't far off.

Unreal.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The Poles have, and should have, no say in demanding someone who's almost never lived in their country to play for them.

So if Germany hoover up all Polish teenagers showing promise you'd be fine with that?

But they haven't hoovered up their current Polish players, the players parents moved to Germany and their kids grew up as German Poles. The kids chose to play for Germany. I'm not ignoring what you're getting at, but I think its cynicism at the highest level, and such actions would be quickly stamped out by either FIFA or any real Citizenship test.

Guest firetotheworks

f***ing hell, black is white, left is right and I agree with Parky and Sepp Blatter.  :kasper:

...and were back.

I've quoted 5 articles backing my point and also the concerns fifa have, but mountain boy who doesn't live in the same country as the person he's agruing wiht knows best. You should work on it, stand up isn't far off.

Mountain boy? Really? That's what you're going with?

Few countries in Europe accept more immigrants to their country (in comparison to the already established inhabitant number) than Norway, there's few countries that have a better view of just how immigration effects your society in general than Norway. As I said, 700-800 000 in 4.7 Million are people with immigrant background, that's pretty much one in six "Norwegians" with an immigrant background.

Saying people with immigrant background should not get to choose between representing their original country or their new country, is an idiotic and old viewpoint. I do not agree with the farming of players when they've reached adulthood, but that's hardly a major problem and will never be a major problem. Just the odd player here and there not really belonging to their country they're representing, and I can look past that.

Even when you believe he shouldn't be on the pitch because he's not in the slightest bit German??

Pull the other one Kaiz.

Guest firetotheworks

Parky, you'd convince a lot more people if your insults didn't back up people's points.

Even when you believe he shouldn't be on the pitch because he's not in the slightest bit German??

Pull the other one Kaiz.

He plays for Germany, he should get to represent Germany. I don't agree with the rule in Cacau's, but it's there, and so be it.

But they haven't hoovered up their current Polish players, the players parents moved to Germany and their kids grew up as German Poles. The kids chose to play for Germany. I'm not ignoring what you're getting at, but I think its cynicism at the highest level, and such actions would be quickly stamped out by either FIFA or any real Citizenship test.

Klose's dad played for Poland.

Few countries in Europe accept more immigrants to their country (in comparison to the already established inhabitant number) than Norway, there's few countries that have a better view of just how immigration effects your society in general than Norway. As I said, 700-800 000 in 4.7 Million are people with immigrant background, that's pretty much one in six "Norwegians" with an immigrant background.

Saying people with immigrant background should not get to choose between representing their original country or their new country, is an idiotic and old viewpoint. I do not agree with the farming of players when they've reached adulthood, but that's hardly a major problem and will never be a major problem. Just the odd player here and there not really belonging to their country they're representing, and I can look past that.

Does your stance on this coincide with there may be a few budding Norwegian internationals amongst these immigrants that have settled in Norway?

Parky, you'd convince a lot more people if your insults didn't back up people's points.

I'm not at all happy about being called a racist, that was fine last night and Kaizero was twisting it and putting up black players and making jokes about it and insinuating I was racist. I tell you what that is more than insulting. ho hum

Pull the other one Kaiz.

He plays for Germany, he should get to represent Germany. I don't agree with the rule in Cacau's, but it's there, and so be it.

Spot the contradiction.

Does your stance on this coincide with there may be a few budding Norwegian internationals amongst these immigrants that have settled in Norway?

There already is. Having a problem with that, for any country, is a problem though. It's pretty much calling our new citizens second-rate and unpure.

Pull the other one Kaiz.

Spot the contradiction.

I'm saying I don't agree with the rule, but it's in place so there's nothing I could do with it, so in the event you're describing I would, instead of complaining, move on?

Guest firetotheworks

I'd be sad Norway lost, but I'd not give a s*** if it was Cacau that scored.

Pull the other one Kaiz.

Spot the contradiction.

I'm saying I don't agree with the rule, but it's in place so there's nothing I could do with it, so in the event you're describing I would, instead of complaining, move on?

Hmmm, I dont understand what you're saying here. You're saying that because a rule is a rule that it shouldnt be changed? Isn't the fact that you don't agree with it tantamount to thinking it should be changed?

I'd be sad Norway lost, but I'd not give a s*** if it was Cacau that scored.

Pull the other one Kaiz.

Spot the contradiction.

Hmmm, I dont understand what you're saying here. You're saying that because a rule is a rule that it shouldnt be changed? Isn't the fact that you don't agree with it tantamount to thinking it should be changed?

No, I want the rule for instances like that to be changed. Billy just asked what I would think if Cacau got a pen and scored against Norway in an imaginary final, knowing he's not really German.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

But Klose grew up as a German Pole and it was his choice to play for Germany. What you're suggesting is that because he was born in Poland he should be forced to play for them. I don't agree with that. As someone said earlier, if I had been born in a foreign country due to parents job, or holiday, and then spent 16 years of my life growing up in England with the view for playing for England ruined due to some Asinine ruling saying I have to play for Austria or someone, I'd be gutted.

If you have a duel nationality you should have the choice to play for Country A, B or C.

Unless you're suggesting that the German Government and FA have conspired to bribe multinationals to choose Germany over another Nation, in which case I'd like to see some proof.

There already is. Having a problem with that, for any country, is a problem though. It's pretty much calling our new citizens second-rate and unpure.

You're putting words into others mouths there Kaiz.,there's a difference between people leaving their country to better themselves financially and culturally and those who just want to play international football and won't get the chance to play for their country,and then do the residence thing to qualify.

"Josef Klose does not want to be regarded as Polish, declaring himself as Silesian  and European, and stating that the success of his son is due to himself and German clubs."