Moore: good enough or not?

Guest stormrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah good enough but as others have said he is going at the end of the season. Back to Oz to play for a club he used to play for or something if i remember correctly....

Um... No, considering the entire league is only two years old with clubs started from scratch - and that he never played senior football in Australia...

Anyway, I voted yes because I'm biased but am perfectly willing to accept he has flaws to his game. tmonkey's analysis of his lack of pace and mobility is spot on - but underestimates the 'strategic' nature of his fouls. Yes, he can be a right dirty bastard at times, but when does he give away free kicks in the sort of position Taylor did on the weekend? Very rarely I would suggest...

But he isn't a very good defender - he costs us goals in other ways (i.e. by not being in the right place at the right time, not making tackles, getting skinned tiem after time).

Our most reliable defender at the moment which says hell of a lot about our current situation. Fair play he has proved many wrong on here. He is not a great player but he has done a job for us and we look that bit more solid with him than without. But agree if his contract is up in the summer leave him go back to Oz.

But he isn't a very good defender - he costs us goals in other ways (i.e. by not being in the right place at the right time, not making tackles, getting skinned tiem after time).

That's the thing - ALL of our defenders have deep flaws in their games.

As I said, I'm biased, but I feel he is our best central defender as he is consistently decent, while Bramble ranges from the sublime to the ridiculous, Taylor has been poor this season (and increasingly reckless - never good for a centre half) while Ramage is little more than average

He's acknowledged by most here as our best defender, and yet most still want to let him go in summer? Like we have world class players lining up to join titus and boumsong in his place?

He's decent cover and has been decent enough for us, but no pace though which is something top class CB's need in the Premiership. Assumming/praying we are going to get another top class CB in Jan and get rid of Shambles too ASAP, i'd let him go at the end of the season. We also need another RB.

Hopefully next season we'll have:

New RB   Huntingdon   New CB     Baba/Bernard

New RB   Taylor            Ramage    New LB

Luke young, wayne Bridge and a top CB would be great. Taylor and Ramage have impressed me alot and i can't understand why some on here give them so much stick calling them crap and whatever when they are such fantastic prospects and already more than decent players. I'm really hoping to see how huntingdon does too,  as i was surprised at how good Ramage and Taylor were when they were given their chance.