West Ham go to Iceland

ChezGiven

They're going to be a danger now. £15m already promised for the winter. This is why I can't understand people against ourselves being taken over in a similar fashion. Nevermind being a million miles behind the top 4, the likes of Pompey, Villa & now West Ham will be out of reach if we're not careful.

Guest Upton Left

Don't be so hasty.

we know nothing of Eggert and his people. We (West Ham) could go the way of Stoke more easily than the way of the others you mention.

Guest elbee909

I think relocating West Ham to Iceland will set a bad precedent for the Premier League.  It was bad enough when Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes and became the MK Dons, but taking West Ham to a whole different country?  It's insane.  For one thing, Iceland is far too nice.  I guess they could stick those happy hammers at the bottom of a volcano.

Don't be so hasty.

we know nothing of Eggert and his people. We (West Ham) could go the way of Stoke more easily than the way of the others you mention.

somehow i doubt that since the consortium that bought stoke was purely profit driven.. the people were mostly investor with no or little interest in football. ... not like Egger and his backer Björgúlfur... they are both avid football fan with björgúlfur being one of the people trying to up the level of icelandic football with grants and stuff :) but then again you never know...

I think relocating West Ham to Iceland will set a bad precedent for the Premier League.  It was bad enough when Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes and became the MK Dons, but taking West Ham to a whole different country?  It's insane.  For one thing, Iceland is far too nice.  I guess they could stick those happy hammers at the bottom of a volcano.

I think the worst part of the deal is the fact that Kerry Katona will be the official mascot for the club.

Guest Upton Left

somehow i doubt that since the consortium that bought stoke was purely profit driven.. the people were mostly investor with no or little interest in football. ... not like Egger and his backer Björgúlfur... they are both avid football fan with björgúlfur being one of the people trying to up the level of icelandic football with grants and stuff :) but then again you never know...

Don't be so hasty.

YOu do never know but I like your reassurances. Thank you.

They're going to be a danger now. £15m already promised for the winter. This is why I can't understand people against ourselves being taken over in a similar fashion. Nevermind being a million miles behind the top 4, the likes of Pompey, Villa & now West Ham will be out of reach if we're not careful.

The difference between the takeovers of West Ham, Villa, Portsmouth and (possibly about to happen) Leicester and the potential Belgravia one is that the first four are being headed by identifiable individuals with an interest either in sport in general, or football in particular.

The Belgravia takeover doesn't seem to have that, which is a bit worrysome. Who are they? Aren't they representing some sort of hedge fund? If so, I'd be a little concerned, as clearly the profit motive is going to be in the prime (which may be the case in the other clubs mentioned, too, but in this case it is obvious from the start).

Given that, maybe it would be better to put up with FS in the short term in the hope that someone more transparent than Belgravia comes through for a better longer term solution (which, now the club have set a precedent by talking to possible buyers, is bound to happen)?

The difference between the takeovers of West Ham, Villa, Portsmouth and (possibly about to happen) Leicester and the potential Belgravia one is that the first four are being headed by identifiable individuals with an interest either in sport in general, or football in particular.

They've said they'd give a £25m budget for January if they took over so I couldn't care if it was a Mackem. If they're going to provide funds for players, I've no concern of who's in the Director's Box every other week.

Guest Invicta_Toon

They've said they'd give a £25m budget for January if they took over so I couldn't care if it was a Mackem. If they're going to provide funds for players, I've no concern of who's in the Director's Box every other week.

:bigbro:

you'd sell your soul for £25m?

Guest Invicta_Toon

If they're willing to spend that much just in the winter then without a doubt.

as if,

Glen: 'right bos, I spunked that 25m on some crocks in Jan, now where's that 50 you promised for the summer?'

as if,

Glen: 'right bos, I spunked that 25m on some crocks in Jan, now where's that 50 you promised for the summer?'

Surely the clever thing to have done would have been to not say anything about how much they were going to spend in January. If a club knows you've got that kind of cash, and knows what kind of player you're looking for, they'll hold you to ransom.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I suppose.

have they said much about their long term plans?

Guest Invicta_Toon

as if,

Surely the clever thing to have done would have been to not say anything about how much they were going to spend in January. If a club knows you've got that kind of cash, and knows what kind of player you're looking for, they'll hold you to ransom.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I suppose.

have they said much about their long term plans?

buy Villa as a feeder club

Guest ChickenKiev

We already are!

I think the worst part of the deal is the fact that Kerry Katona will be the official mascot for the club.

blueyes.gif  She looks like she's been eating too much of their food too

Guest Upton Left

Kerry is looking a little hefty.

I don't think anybody can know what our take-over will actually mean until this tiem next year. As such, your belgravia takeover will probably be even more in the dark at this present time. Just pray you don't get a sudden interest from Kia Joorabchian...

Anyway, lovely chatting with you guys. Best of luck for the coming matches and hope the management of your team gets sorted one way or another soon.

As I say hope to catch some of you (without knowing it obviously) at www.theblueplanetlive.com (final plug)

I don't think anybody can know what our take-over will actually mean until this tiem next year. As such, your belgravia takeover will probably be even more in the dark at this present time. Just pray you don't get a sudden interest from Kia Joorabchian...

Anyway, lovely chatting with you guys. Best of luck for the coming matches and hope the management of your team gets sorted one way or another soon.

As I say hope to catch some of you (without knowing it obviously) at www.theblueplanetlive.com (final plug)

Shameless!

Guest Upton Left

Shameless!

shy.gif