West Ham go to Iceland

ChezGiven

I was reading about the two Argies today and they've said that they can sign for another club but can't play for them until after June 30th because of UEFA rules, I can't see any club signing them in January if that's the case.

William Hill are offering odds of 6/4 that both players will still be at the club until after January, good bet that.

Guest Upton Left

Tevez and Mascherano can and may well be leaving West Ham in January. I believe they can move if all parties are agreed to wave the restrictions.

I see no reason why all parties would not.

I would not be surprised to see Kia and his loan players and dodgy money arrive at Newcastle....apart from the fact that I don't suppose the real estate possibilities are quite what they were with a large site in the area of London where the Olympics will be held...

Personally, I would start a petition to make he knows he is not wanted, if I were you.

Tevez and Mascherano can and may well be leaving West Ham in January. I believe they can move if all parties are agreed to wave the restrictions.

I'm not sure if it will be allowed if all parties 'wave the restrictions'

A rule is a rule after all, I can't see UEFA overlooking it.

The Belgravia takeover doesn't seem to have that, which is a bit worrysome. Who are they? Aren't they representing some sort of hedge fund? If so, I'd be a little concerned, as clearly the profit motive is going to be in the prime (which may be the case in the other clubs mentioned, too, but in this case it is obvious from the start).

They aren't a hedge fund, your thinking of Polygon, an earlier company interested in Newcastle.  Also what's wrong with a profit motive?, there's no way of making a profit from a club like Newcastle United other then producing a successful Football team.

They're going to be a danger now. £15m already promised for the winter. This is why I can't understand people against ourselves being taken over in a similar fashion. Nevermind being a million miles behind the top 4, the likes of Pompey, Villa & now West Ham will be out of reach if we're not careful.

The difference between the takeovers of West Ham, Villa, Portsmouth and (possibly about to happen) Leicester and the potential Belgravia one is that the first four are being headed by identifiable individuals with an interest either in sport in general, or football in particular.

They've said they'd give a £25m budget for January if they took over so I couldn't care if it was a Mackem. If they're going to provide funds for players, I've no concern of who's in the Director's Box every other week.

Shepherd always backs his managers with funds though, if you don't care whose in the box then what difference does it make?

They're going to be a danger now. £15m already promised for the winter. This is why I can't understand people against ourselves being taken over in a similar fashion. Nevermind being a million miles behind the top 4, the likes of Pompey, Villa & now West Ham will be out of reach if we're not careful.

The difference between the takeovers of West Ham, Villa, Portsmouth and (possibly about to happen) Leicester and the potential Belgravia one is that the first four are being headed by identifiable individuals with an interest either in sport in general, or football in particular.

They've said they'd give a £25m budget for January if they took over so I couldn't care if it was a Mackem. If they're going to provide funds for players, I've no concern of who's in the Director's Box every other week.

Shepherd always backs his managers with funds though, if you don't care whose in the box then what difference does it make?

Because Freddy Shepherd either gives that money to idiots (Souness, Roeder) or just spends it himself and tells the manager he's getting a new player..  I'm pretty confident that a successful company like Belgravia would have a plan of hiring people who actually know about Football to run the Footballing side of the club.  Rather then trying to run it themselves like Shepherd does..

Because Freddy Shepherd either gives that money to idiots (Souness, Roeder) or just spends it himself and tells the manager he's getting a new player..  I'm pretty confident that a successful company like Belgravia would have a plan of hiring people who actually know about Football to run the Footballing side of the club.  Rather then trying to run it themselves like Shepherd does..

I'm sure Shepherd doesn't purposely appoint shit managers. He wants the best for the club as well and in turn wants to make some money, which is fair enough in my eyes. How do you know that the prospective Belgravia chairman won't have equally poor judgement?

Grass isn't always greener.

I'm sure Shepherd doesn't purposely appoint shit managers. He wants the best for the club as well and in turn wants to make some money, which is fair enough in my eyes. How do you know that the prospective Belgravia chairman won't have equally poor judgement?

Grass isn't always greener.

Because the Chairman of Belgravia won't be deluded enough to actually believe that he can appoint managers, buy players and make day to day Footballing decisions in general.  I'm sure that, unlike Shepherd, Belgravia will be sensible enough to stick to taking care of the financial side of things and appoint a well researched team to control the Footballing side.  They won't be stupid enough or egotistical enough to think that they can interfere on the Footballing side, they'll leave that to people with actual Football knowledge.

Its all well and good to want the best for the club, but until Freddy Sheperd gets his head out of his arse and realises that he just isn't qualified to run a Football club he'll never be good for us.

Guest TampaToon

If they're willing to spend that much just in the winter then without a doubt.

Freddy's shelled out over 25m in a transfer window, does that make him the right guy? i'm not sure what freddy was doing before he became chairman of newcastle, but obviously he was a successful businessman at some point along the line to be in this position today...heck, despite the failings of the club, he's beyond successful as a businessperson - a whole legion of fans hates his guts but still puts money in his pocket.

my point is not to defend FFS, rather that successful businesspeople willing to spend money on players is weak criteria for our saviour, as it's pretty much what we've got right now.  without knowing what the belgravia group actually plans to do, this open-arms response by most fans is knee-jerk

Guest Upton Left

I'm not sure if it will be allowed if all parties 'wave the restrictions'

A rule is a rule after all, I can't see UEFA overlooking it.

"Under the rules of football's world governing body, Fifa, players are not allowed to make two moves within a season but that is only enforced if either of the football associations involved insists " The independent.

As I say, If nobody complains, they are good to go.