Sell to buy: Is it an option?

The Prophet

Guest HGB1892

I believe that not one of our players could command a fee in excess of £5million. None of our best players are proven to be consistent top flight performers.

Carroll - Not many games in the PL and a couple of PL goals, though i'd expect that to change this season if he's given any kind of service.

Enrique - Played quite a few top flight games but never really covered himself with glory mailny due to injuries.

S Taylor - Consistently made errors last time in top flight and also when he managed to play last season.

Jonas - Too inconsistent for my liking, it's okay ripping up some championshit defences but still mamaged to disappear away from home regularly.

Need selling:

Barton (wages, rep & Injuries)

Smith (Wages & Quality)

Ameobi (quality & injuries)

R. Taylor (Quality)

Best (Quality)

Xisco (Quality & wages)

Wouldn't be too bothered if sold:

Nolan (Quality & wages)

Jonas (Consistency & Wages)

Lovenkrands (quality & age)

Harper (Quality & age)

Colo (Wages)

Think these have something to offer and should be kept (Cost/wage to Quality ratio is acceptable) for squad building purposes

Simpson

Williamson

Kadar

Only massive offers should see them leave:

S. Taylor (if he signs a new deal, if not we've got to get rid)

Enrique

Carroll

Plus all the youngsters.

I think Hughton needs to play Ashley as such. If I get rid of player X for £2m, but save £3m a year, can I buy player Y for £4m and pay him £1m a year? You will save in the long run.

I.e. sell Smith or Barton and buy in a young Championship player with a good rep on low wages.