Oba Time

Guest theunis

Guest Gemmill

Add Dyer to the list above and we have 4 good enough strikers which should be fine....

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif Comedy Gold.

I agree, that shoudl be fine......

Except Ameobi is nowhere near a good enough striker. No-****ing-where near.

And Dire is neither a striker, nor a good enough forward to be part of a top-4 striker force.

And Martins has done nothing t prove he is good enough for a top 4 side.

Of course, its a moot point, as there are very few players in our squad good enough for that level anyway.

I nearly replied to this but then I realised that no one bothers anymore with him. Why does he still post on a forum when everyone ignores his usual nothing else to write bullshit.

A miserable fucker no doubt, but talks more sense than most on here IMO - and let's face it, what's not to be miserable about with NUFC at the minute.  Although I don't agree with his stance on Dyer.

Add Dyer to the list above and we have 4 good enough strikers which should be fine....

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif Comedy Gold.

And Dire is neither a striker, nor a good enough forward to be part of a top-4 striker force.

Of course, its a moot point, as there are very few players in our squad good enough for that level anyway.

I nearly replied to this but then I realised that no one bothers anymore with him. Why does he still post on a forum when everyone ignores his usual nothing else to write bullshit.

A miserable fucker no doubt, but talks more sense than most on here IMO - and let's face it, what's not to be miserable about with NUFC at the minute.   Although I don't agree with his stance on Dyer.

Its not the grumpy part its the fact that 90% of the time its a black player he can`t stand. I don`t agree with what he has wrote about Dyer either, his finish against Lehman was class, i`ve seen international strikers mess easier up. The part about Martins is rubbish imo as most can see that he is good enough for a top 4 team. The quality of his 3 goals added to his pace, strength and age shows this. Once he is settled in we will be laughing. 

Guest Gemmill

A miserable fucker no doubt, but talks more sense than most on here IMO - and let's face it, what's not to be miserable about with NUFC at the minute.   Although I don't agree with his stance on Dyer.

Its not the grumpy part its the fact that 90% of the time its a black player he can`t stand. I don`t agree with what he has wrote about Dyer either, his finish against Lehman was class, i`ve seen international strikers mess easier up. The part about Martins is rubbish imo as most can see that he is good enough for a top 4 team. The quality of his 3 goals added to his pace, strength and age shows this. Once he is settled in we will be laughing.   

I'm not having that there's anything racist behind his dislike of certain players tbh.  Quite how you're getting that Martins has shown that he's good enough for a top 4 team is beyond me though - the jury is still out in a BIG way, and anyone can score nice goals from time to time. 

I don't think Martins has shown that he's good enough for top 4 yet (though I think if given the chance in any of them, he would've taken it) but he has shown that he is our best available option and there is no point of anyone getting on his back.

Guest Gemmill

I don't think Martins has shown that he's good enough for top 4 yet (though I think if given the chance in any of them, he would've taken it) but he has shown that he is our best available option and there is no point of anyone getting on his back.

Getting on his back in what sense?  At the match I agree - he certainly doesn't deserve anything but support as he's trying.  But on here people have every right to discuss what they think of him.  I've been very critical of his movement off the ball and will continue to be until he sorts it out, because it isn't good enough.

I'm not having that there's anything racist behind his dislike of certain players tbh.  Quite how you're getting that Martins has shown that he's good enough for a top 4 team is beyond me though - the jury is still out in a BIG way, and anyone can score nice goals from time to time. 

What top 4 teams are you thinking of then? And what strikers do you think he won`t compare too. Baring in mind Owen is our main striker and Oba is our second what top 4 team second choice do think he is worse than in there first 3 months brought into the country and had the same amount of games?  Take Reyes for example took months and months settle, his first goal for Arsenal was an own goal. Drobga wasn`t as good in his first year as now but we all knew he was going to be class, I can go on.

Guest Gemmill

What top 4 teams are you thinking of then? And what strikers do you think he won`t compare too. Baring in mind Owen is our main striker and Oba is our second what top 4 team second choice do think he is worse than in there first 3 months brought into the country and had the same amount of games?  Take Reyes for example took months and months settle, his first goal for Arsenal was an own goal. Drobga wasn`t as good in his first year as now but we all knew he was going to be class, I can go on.

You can go on as much as you like, but you aren't making any sense.  Your argument seems to be that because other top 4 club strikers have started slowly at their respective clubs, as Martins has at NUFC that that means he's as good as any top 4 club striker. 

What exactly have you seen from Martins that tells you that he's good enough for a top 4 club?  Other than the fact that he's had a slow start here. 

Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea all have at least two strikers that look better than Martins.  I think your argument is total bullshit tbh.  No one is trying to say that he's shit, but for you to come along and say he's good enough to get in any of the top 4 sides is taking things to a ridiculous extreme and is just plain wrong based on the evidence to date. 

You can go on as much as you like, but you aren't making any sense.  Your argument seems to be that because other top 4 club strikers have started slowly at their respective clubs, as Martins has at NUFC that that means he's as good as any top 4 club striker. 

What exactly have you seen from Martins that tells you that he's good enough for a top 4 club?  Other than the fact that he's had a slow start here. 

Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea all have at least two strikers that look better than Martins.  I think your argument is total bullshit tbh.  No one is trying to say that he's shit, but for you to come along and say he's good enough to get in any of the top 4 sides is taking things to a ridiculous extreme and is just plain wrong based on the evidence to date. 

Yourself and NM have stated in your posts not good enough for a top 4 team. Now your saying to get in a current top 4 side.

Seeing Martins play for Inter Milan and seeing what he has produced so early in his NUFC career coupled with what I have heard direct from players at the club I know he will be a top player. I`m sure Wenger was impressed too at the weekend. Basically i`m saying he has started his first season in the prem better than what say Shev at Chelsea has or other players that have come over new to a side. Would you be sitting at Stamford bridge slagging Shevchenko off if you were are Chelsea fan or would you shut your mouth and wait for him to come good?

Guest Gemmill

Yourself and NM have stated in your posts not good enough for a top 4 team. Now your saying to get in a current top 4 side.

Sorry, is there a difference between the two?  Or does your definition of a top 4 team include teams outside of those currently recognised as the top 4?

Seeing Martins play for Inter Milan and seeing what he has produced so early in his NUFC career coupled with what I have heard direct from players at the club I know he will be a top player. I`m sure Wenger was impressed too at the weekend. Basically i`m saying he has started his first season in the prem better than what say Shev at Chelsea has or other players that have come over new to a side. Would you be sitting at Stamford bridge slagging Shevchenko off if you were are Chelsea fan or would you shut your mouth and wait for him to come good?

Now you're comparing Martins to Schevchenko.  Could your argument get any more stupid?

By the way, I know you're probably a well-renowned footballing scout who has followed the career of many a footballing talent from its inception to their eventual crowning as World Footballer of the Year, but if you don't mind I'll take your "I know he'll be a top player" line with a pinch of salt.  Because basically you know nothing of the sort.  As to whether Wenger was impressed or not - I don't know.  Neither do you.

I certainly hope he'll be a top player, but based on what I've seen so far, I'm not about to make any stupid predictions, announce that he's good enough for the top 4 sides, or compare him to the Champions League's highest ever goalscorer. 

Sorry, is there a difference between the two?  Or does your definition of a top 4 team include teams outside of those currently recognised as the top 4?

Now you're comparing Martins to Schevchenko.  Could your argument get any more stupid?

By the way, I know you're probably a well-renowned footballing scout who has followed the career of many a footballing talent from its inception to their eventual crowning as World Footballer of the Year, but if you don't mind I'll take your "I know he'll be a top player" line with a pinch of salt.  Because basically you know nothing of the sort.  As to whether Wenger was impressed or not - I don't know.  Neither do you.

I certainly hope he'll be a top player, but based on what I've seen so far, I'm not about to make any stupid predictions, announce that he's good enough for the top 4 sides, or compare him to the Champions League's highest ever goalscorer. 

Wenger was quoted as saying that.  As for the top scout comment no i`m not but coming from a town that constantly produces good players un like newcastle i would probably have a better idea than you mate. Also having been around with a few prem players I probably have more of a real idea what really goes on up there than yourself. Obas stats are : -

Italian league 28 goals in 88 games

Champions league 11 goals in 2 seasons of cl

Nigeria 12 goals in 15 games.

At his age thats not bad.

At the end of day Gemmil I feel that he is a player of a top 4 team calibre, you don`t....fair enough but enough of the my arguements are stupid comments yeah, it makes you look a right knob just because I disagree with you and you me.

Guest Gemmill

You're entitled to your opinion but can I just say that trying to tell me that you're a better judge of a player because you're from Ipswich is fucking idiotic. :lol: I don't care whether you think I'm a knob for rubbishing THAT particular argument.  bluebigrazz.gif  And being mates with Titus Bramble doesn't improve your judgement of footballers either ffs.  He's barely one himself.

You're entitled to your opinion but can I just say that trying to tell me that you're a better judge of a player because you're from Ipswich is ****ing idiotic. :lol: I don't care whether you think I'm a knob for rubbishing THAT particular argument.  bluebigrazz.gif  And being mates with Titus Bramble doesn't improve your judgement of footballers either ffs.  He's barely one himself.

I was taking the piss, about the Ipswich thing, but think about how many ex-Ipswich players now play in the premiership and how many from our youth ranks are in the premiership now compared to NUFC.

Just a little dig at being able to watch players grow from a young age first hand to premiership players. Darren Bent, Darren Ambrose, Keiron Dyer, Titus Bramble, Richard Wright, Hermann Heirdosson, Matt Holland those I can remember off the top of my head, a few for the future Billy Clarke and Danny Haynes ( FA Youth Cup Winners 2 seasons back) . Anyway Thats completely off topic. Also its not being mates with Titus that I was getting at, I get to speak to more than just him, coming from alot of those players home town, they used to bring rio and sol and loads of others out on the piss down here. 

At the end of the day your right I suppose it doesn`t matter what any of us think about how good he looks in training or his past record or what the scouts think he could still end up being a flop, bigger names have but I still think he is going to be an awsome signing for us. You think its too early to tell...fair play thats our opinions sorted.

Self-confessed sheep.

Maybe i should be all jovial and happy and pretend we are a good enough team with a good enough manager? I don't think so.

Maybe you'd be happier then, though, if everyone posted the same happy-clappy bollocks?

Guest puretoon

I think Oba will come right-given time and right partner. He looked the best he's done when partnered with Dyer, but will that be a permanent thing? or a one off??  It looks like no one plays right when Shola's up front -with anyone or by himself.  But Oba's speed matches Dyers-if Dyer stays ok for a couple of games at least ;))) 

Oba's still young, think a lot forget that and he's come from a totally different way of playing-just give him time.

Self-confessed sheep.

Maybe i should be all jovial and happy and pretend we are a good enough team with a good enough manager? I don't think so.

Maybe you'd be happier then, though, if everyone posted the same happy-clappy bollocks?

Not a sheep really, just not repetitive like yourself.  I think we worked eachother out a couple of years ago and have even agreed in the past on the odd occassion. Its just you haven`t changed your posts since I first joined a couple of years ago.  I was merely stating I nearly started to repeat myself like you. I fully understand why people are pissed off, I am too.  Do us all a favour and just change your name to "I Hate Dyer" because regardless of what he does for us on the pitch when he is finally fit you still manage to slate him for what he did to you off the pitch. Its less about this post but read your sig ffs its pathfetic. You hope Dyer gets crocked for good, who if stays fit could keep us up.