I dont think stoke are relegation fodder

womblemaster

Stoke are now more established in this league than Newcastle are, like it or not.

It's not a massive shock that a side who have been in the league fairly comfortably for a few years now have gone and won at a newly promoted side. I personally had it down for a draw but that point you've dropped is more than cancelled out by unexpected results against us & Villa. No need for mass panic.

More established..? How many years were NUFC in the PL before Stoke managed it ?

If Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or even, never let it be said, Everton, were relegated for one season, would you then say Stoke were a more established side and expect those sides to drop points to them ?

OK, so we are not those teams but we have a much longer presence in the PL than they do, we have much bigger gates and we have been in the CL twice as well as regular Euro football in the period between 1994 and 1997.

There is no comparison between the 2 clubs and when at SJP, we SHOULD be able to beat these teams...just as we expect little from games at the Top 8 right now.

Stoke are now more established in this league than Newcastle are, like it or not.

It's not a massive shock that a side who have been in the league fairly comfortably for a few years now have gone and won at a newly promoted side. I personally had it down for a draw but that point you've dropped is more than cancelled out by unexpected results against us & Villa. No need for mass panic.

More established..? How many years were NUFC in the PL before Stoke managed it ?

If Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or even, never let it be said, Everton, were relegated for one season, would you then say Stoke were a more established side and expect those sides to drop points to them ?

OK, so we are not those teams but we have a much longer presence in the PL than they do, we have much bigger gates and we have been in the CL twice as well as regular Euro football in the period between 1994 and 1997.

There is no comparison between the 2 clubs and when at SJP, we SHOULD be able to beat these teams...just as we expect little from games at the Top 8 right now.

They will finish above us, as will many other teams. It's a shame we lost, but it was a poor result and not time to panic yet. Adjusting from the championship to the prem takes some doing so it's not a suprise to me that we are inconsistent.

They will finish above us, as will many other teams. It's a shame we lost, but it was a poor result and not time to panic yet. Adjusting from the championship to the prem takes some doing so it's not a suprise to me that we are inconsistent.

i'm not so sure they will. they'll be in te shake up with us, wolves, bolton, sunderland etc.

Who care about whatever they might be? The only club I care about is ours. It doesnt matter what club we play against, its still disappointing to lose a game.

Relax. I'm not saying Stoke are a bigger club or more famous etc but the reality is that you're a newly promoted team and Stoke are now, in my eyes, a stable Premiership side who will comfortably stay up again. It's not a disaster to lose to them.