Protest Saturday... 4pm onwards!

Guest GallowgateKev

I think more people need to walk the walk this time than talk the talk in the pub like last time. Protesting doesn't have 'no' effect. It shows the world we're not spackermongs who get taken for a ride. Significant change doesn't happen nicely, it never has. Do people think tuition fees will be nicely reconsidered? No, because people don't pay attention until they're made to. I personally think no one turning up until half time would be good but i'm up for showing my discontent in a number of ways. I just hope people don't start going on like the people who are acting on their beliefs are stupid or scum, because that f***s me off even more than the situation itself. For once our fans need to reach a consensus and force this fat f*** out!

I think you're correct, but can't see it happening. Man Utd fans made much more of an impression standing outside Rooneys house the other month than we ever did when we had old women on tele telling the world their life was over because Keegan left. We protest for a day, keep it lawful, and it drifts away to nothingness.

To make a difference, a boycott of games should be at the core of it. No, not everyone will, but dont underestimate the 'drip drip' effect of word of mouth, people just simply laying their cards down saying to mates and other fans that theyre not going anymore, and gathering momentum. I'd like to think a sizeable drop in attendance till the end of the season is possible. Protests outside a lot of the time.

Its principle. I'd also like to think that mass protests would send a message to any potential new owners in the future that if we're pissed on like this we dont accept it.

And maybe put them off coming?

I think more people need to walk the walk this time than talk the talk in the pub like last time. Protesting doesn't have 'no' effect. It shows the world we're not spackermongs who get taken for a ride. Significant change doesn't happen nicely, it never has. Do people think tuition fees will be nicely reconsidered? No, because people don't pay attention until they're made to. I personally think no one turning up until half time would be good but i'm up for showing my discontent in a number of ways. I just hope people don't start going on like the people who are acting on their beliefs are stupid or scum, because that f***s me off even more than the situation itself. For once our fans need to reach a consensus and force this fat f*** out!

I think you're correct, but can't see it happening. Man Utd fans made much more of an impression standing outside Rooneys house the other month than we ever did when we had old women on tele telling the world their life was over because Keegan left. We protest for a day, keep it lawful, and it drifts away to nothingness.

To make a difference, a boycott of games should be at the core of it. No, not everyone will, but dont underestimate the 'drip drip' effect of word of mouth, people just simply laying their cards down saying to mates and other fans that theyre not going anymore, and gathering momentum. I'd like to think a sizeable drop in attendance till the end of the season is possible. Protests outside a lot of the time.

Its principle. I'd also like to think that mass protests would send a message to any potential new owners in the future that if we're pissed on like this we dont accept it.

And maybe put them off coming?

Surley not, theres obvious reasons why people would be protesting, its not like theyd look on tv and think 'they look a voilent lot, idiots'. Anyone with a bit of common sense who would like to buy the club would understand the feelings of whats happened, and has been going on.. if any potential owner is looking thinking 'Im not going to buy them cos I dont fancy shafting them with lies' then screw them too.

I think more people need to walk the walk this time than talk the talk in the pub like last time. Protesting doesn't have 'no' effect. It shows the world we're not spackermongs who get taken for a ride. Significant change doesn't happen nicely, it never has. Do people think tuition fees will be nicely reconsidered? No, because people don't pay attention until they're made to. I personally think no one turning up until half time would be good but i'm up for showing my discontent in a number of ways. I just hope people don't start going on like the people who are acting on their beliefs are stupid or scum, because that fucks me off even more than the situation itself. For once our fans need to reach a consensus and force this fat fuck out!

Spot on  :thup:

I think more people need to walk the walk this time than talk the talk in the pub like last time. Protesting doesn't have 'no' effect. It shows the world we're not spackermongs who get taken for a ride. Significant change doesn't happen nicely, it never has. Do people think tuition fees will be nicely reconsidered? No, because people don't pay attention until they're made to. I personally think no one turning up until half time would be good but i'm up for showing my discontent in a number of ways. I just hope people don't start going on like the people who are acting on their beliefs are stupid or scum, because that fucks me off even more than the situation itself. For once our fans need to reach a consensus and force this fat fuck out!

I agree with this lad.

Apathy is the killer here. Ashley can only get away with this time and time again because we're so used to getting shat on from a great height that there is a grim expectation things are always about to go wrong and nothing can be done.

I genuinely hope that this is the catalyst for our fans to have a collective Howard Beale moment. I'd love to see a heart felt outpouring of anger on Saturday that becomes something more coherent and organised over the coming weeks. Something beyond the bedsheet brigade when Keegan walked.