Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Guest Roger Kint

that is why there should be an area for fans who will stand, its all about a choice. fans that want to sit should be able to and fans who wish to stand should be able to its simple

Standing is not allowed at all though, obviously it happens but it isnt supposed to.

Turning a blind eye to standing is not really a solution to anything.

It would be good to see supporter groups and indeed the club lobbying parliament for permanent safe standing areas in our stadiums.

I agree there is a place for it and clubs should actively try for it, cant see it being done anytime soon though. At present the only time it is enforced in any way is when clubs away allocations are cut occasionally.

Here's the petition urging the club to relocate the signing section next season.

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/43076.html

When are you presenting this to the club?

Not before it has 2500 signatures.

Hope you weed out all the joke ones first mate. Signee #1474 is a Mr Niall Quinn of Sunderland!

Haha, bound to be a few of them. Not a lot I can do about that to be honest.

I think the overwhelming majority on there are genuinue.

Here's the petition urging the club to relocate the signing section next season.

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/43076.html

When are you presenting this to the club?

Not before it has 2500 signatures.

Hope you weed out all the joke ones first mate. Signee #1474 is a Mr Niall Quinn of Sunderland!

Haha, bound to be a few of them. Not a lot I can do about that to be honest.

I think the overwhelming majority on there are genuinue.

Aye it would seem so to be fair. Suppose you'll always get the odd one.

Guest toonlass

He phoned up because he had a few questions he wanted answered. Hardly beyond the box office's job description to help with ticketing is it? And why should people be "warned" about others moving near to them? Not everyone in level 7 is a drunken charver idiot you know! Shock, horror! People at football matches wanting to sing and chant! If others need a warning of this then maybe they should be rethinking their leisure time plans.

Urgh.

I'd imagine that it's this kind of attitude which will be causing concern to the club, and those who already hold a season ticket in the L4 corner.

What kind of attitude?

Which you knew, of course.

No, enlighten me

:lol: Aye, OK. It was bolded in my original response. Is this better?

And why should people be "warned" about others moving near to them? Not everyone in level 7 is a drunken charver idiot you know! Shock, horror! People at football matches wanting to sing and chant! If others need a warning of this then maybe they should be rethinking their leisure time plans.

Actually it is, cos I was on my phone before and didn't see what you had bolded.

So the fact that people want to sing and chant at a match is wrong in your opinion? Why?

If they are blocking the view of a youngster or an OAP who is unable to stand up for long periods of course it's bloody wrong!

I never said anything about standing up. I said singing and chanting! Once again all of Level 7 is blanketed by one opinion!

Everyone who populates Leazes Corner stands up at games presently (nothing wrong with that, I am all for it) and if you're seriously suggesting that they will all come down to L4 and sit down throughout the match then you are deluded i'm afraid.

No they don't, another lazy assumption. My bairn also goes to the match with me and has never complained about not being able to see. We have been in level 7 since before we all moved to the corner too.

He phoned up because he had a few questions he wanted answered. Hardly beyond the box office's job description to help with ticketing is it? And why should people be "warned" about others moving near to them? Not everyone in level 7 is a drunken charver idiot you know! Shock, horror! People at football matches wanting to sing and chant! If others need a warning of this then maybe they should be rethinking their leisure time plans.

Urgh.

I'd imagine that it's this kind of attitude which will be causing concern to the club, and those who already hold a season ticket in the L4 corner.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

And why should people be "warned" about others moving near to them? Not everyone in level 7 is a drunken charver idiot you know! Shock, horror! People at football matches wanting to sing and chant! If others need a warning of this then maybe they should be rethinking their leisure time plans.

Actually it is, cos I was on my phone before and didn't see what you had bolded.

So the fact that people want to sing and chant at a match is wrong in your opinion? Why?

If they are blocking the view of a youngster or an OAP who is unable to stand up for long periods of course it's bloody wrong!

I never said anything about standing up. I said singing and chanting! Once again all of Level 7 is blanketed by one opinion!

Everyone who populates Leazes Corner stands up at games presently (nothing wrong with that, I am all for it) and if you're seriously suggesting that they will all come down to L4 and sit down throughout the match then you are deluded i'm afraid.

No they don't, another lazy assumption. My bairn also goes to the match with me and has never complained about not being able to see. We have been in level 7 since before we all moved to the corner too.

Someones in a pedantic mood today. Ok then roughly 99% of fans currently in Leazes corner stand up throughout the entire match. You must be living in cloud cukoo land if you think they will all suddenly stay in their seasts if they are moved to L4.

Guest icemanblue

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

:lol: Where did I say it was wrong?

However, it's not just the singing and chanting, is it? The vast majority also stand, as others have pointed out. I know you're embarking on another moral crusade to protect those who occupied L7C, but you've given a real insight into the attitude of most, if not all, of the people who sat there. It's this attitude that will cause problems when attempting to relocate to an area where this behaviour is not 'the norm'.

Guest toonlass

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

Someones in a pedantic mood today. Ok then roughly 99% of fans currently in Leazes corner stand up throughout the entire match. You must be living in cloud cukoo land if you think they will all suddenly stay in their seasts if they are moved to L4.

Yeah, I'm in a pedantic fettle or maybe I'm a bit peed off that you feel that people in level 4 should be "warned" they might have their peaceful slumber on a matchday broken by the hooligans up in level 7 who dare to enjoy themselves at the match.

Guest icemanblue

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

Yeah, I'm in a pedantic fettle or maybe I'm a bit peed off that you feel that people in level 4 should be "warned" they might have their peaceful slumber on a matchday broken by the hooligans up in level 7 who dare to enjoy themselves at the match.

And again. :lol:

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

However, it's not just the singing and chanting, is it? The vast majority also stand, as others have pointed out. I know you're embarking on another moral crusade to protect those who occupied L7C, but you've given a real insight into the attitude of most, if not all, of the people who sat there. It's this attitude that will cause problems when attempting to relocate to an area where this behaviour is not 'the norm'.

Nail on head. That's why I think it's vital that Colocho/Jordan/Steve Wraith continue to work with the club to make sure that distruption to other season ticket holders is kept to a minuimum. Of the non corporate areas inside SJP i'd say that the corner they are currently proposing to move the more vocal people into is currently the most subdued which is bound to cause concern to those already sat there. That's why I put forward the Gallowgate Upper. Capacity circa 4,000, currently less than 1,500 ST holders in there, and a good number of those already there at present sing/stand anyway so their matchday experience should hopefully improve with the addition of more likeminded people. Don't think this would be the case in L4C.

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

Where has anyone mentioned "hooligans" you drama queen?

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

:dowie: :facepalm:

The vast majority of the Leazes L7 stand up, for sure, that's the main reason most people go there.

I think the atmosphere plays a part as well tbh.

Yeah obviously, but the two seem to be very closely related in a lot cases. The people who want to sing are also the people who want to stand.

I would personally rather sit and sing, but I'm getting on a bit!

Guest toonlass

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

:facepalm: :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

Well done. You've got me beat there, like.

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

Ahh come on ...

Guest toonlass

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

Well done. You've got me beat there, like.

Fucking hands down!  :pow:

Guest toonlass

Urgh.

What kind of attitude?

No, enlighten me

Where has anyone mentioned "hooligans" you drama queen?

Also usually gets a great response from people like Inochi when I say things like that too.  :lol:

Guest toonlass

Back to the real debate tho. It doesn't matter where the people who currently sit, stand, pogo, whatever up in level 7 go to, someone will be pissed off. We're not thrilled to bits about moving either, seeing as it's the second time in three years that some of us have been moved without being asked about it. However we have to be moved somewhere.

Guest icemanblue

Back to the real debate tho. It doesn't matter where the people who currently sit, stand, pogo, whatever up in level 7 go to, someone will be pissed off. We're not thrilled to bits about moving either, seeing as it's the second time in three years that some of us have been moved without being asked about it. However we have to be moved somewhere.

Cool, we're going back to the real debate? Perhaps you can respond to my post in a manner befitting a grown woman now?

Guest toonlass

Cool, we're going back to the real debate? Perhaps you can respond to my post in a manner befitting a grown woman now?

When you start posting less like an adolescent I will.  Got to go, real life calls

Second time in three years ?

Guest icemanblue

When you start posting less like an adolescent I will.

Brilliant.

Forget it.

Guest toonlass

Second time in three years ?

Aye, moved from Level 7 behind the goal to level 7 corner. Is it 3 or 4 years, nevermind.