Players calling for cards - acceptable or not?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's the difference between a commentator saying 'that's a yellow' and the player who was just fouled saying it? And if it's all right to say it, why isn't it all right to wave an imaginary card?

My take as a ref - if a player who has been fouled talked to me directly about why is wasn't a card then we can have this conversation between the two of us. It's personal and private .

If the same player gets up waiving his imaginary card, then it's a public display of dissent intended for the entire game to see. And they will be treated very different than the first person.

Its the same as a referee hearing "f**k" or "F**K!!!!!"

What's the difference between a commentator saying 'that's a yellow' and the player who was just fouled saying it? And if it's all right to say it, why isn't it all right to wave an imaginary card?

My take as a ref - if a player who has been fouled talked to me directly about why is wasn't a card then we can have this conversation between the two of us. It's personal and private .

If the same player gets up waiving his imaginary card, then it's a public display of dissent intended for the entire game to see. And they will be treated very different than the first person.

Its the same as a referee hearing "f**k" or "F**K!!!!!"

Fair comment but if I didn't speak English and wanted to convey my emotions?