Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

I know boots are lighter and do seem to offer less protection.

I'm still playing and they have changed but if someone caught you on the top of your foot 25 years ago, it hurt like a fucker just as it does today, it's not like the boots were made mithril back in the day.

How far down the leagues do you have to go, in England, until you start seeing artificial pitches?

I was just thinking about how there's at least one in most European top flights now.

I think they are still banned in the football league. A few grounds in Scottish professional football have them.

They're allowed in the vanarama league cause I seen a game on telly with one.

We're they actually banned in the football league? Oldham had to get rid of theirs whey were promoted to the top flight but Preston continued to play on one for years after.

It'd be interesting to see Maidstone or whoever get promoted, if they need to dig it up.

Daft Question ...............When was the last time Newcastle United were "In Form" ?

There was a period in the 14-15 season before Christmas where Pardew miraculously had a series of wins after an awful start to the season. Basically saved us from relegation.

The other obvious answer in from March 2012 where the whole Cabaye-BenArfa-Demba-Cisse thing clicked and we won 6 in a row.

Daft Question ...............When was the last time Newcastle United were "In Form" ?

There was a period in the 14-15 season before Christmas where Pardew miraculously had a series of wins after an awful start to the season. Basically saved us from relegation.

The other obvious answer in from March 2012 where the whole Cabaye-BenArfa-Demba-Cisse thing clicked and we won 6 in a row.

:thup: We won four in a row around November time of 13/14 as well (Krul/Mbiwa defensive wall at WHL). Halcyon days.

Why are football boots so brightly coloured or black? I've always thought football boots should be green to match the grass like camouflage. I remember when I was a kid and Puma released a pair that were green with a pattern of grass all over them, I thought it was genius. Surely you don't want the defender to know where your feet (the ball) is going?

Happens often at the end of games where one team is all over the other and the ball is punted up the pitch and into touch by a defender.

Sels took one at the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

NUFC related daft question.

Two ST holders:

ST 1 with 25 points and ST 2 with 0 points, both in an away travel group together.

ST 1 buys Villa tickets when points threshold is 25, ST 2 buys Villa tickets when points threshold is 0.

Are they still allocated together?

Yes.