Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Not really football related, but forum related: is it possible to put a poster on ignore list? So their posts don't show up?

Go to your profile > Modify Profile > Buddy/Ignore List > Ignore List > Add to ignore list

Thank you!

Not really football related, but forum related: is it possible to put a poster on ignore list? So their posts don't show up?

Oh come on. You can't just leave us hanging like that.

Edit..........but maybe you can't see this post ?

Haha, it's not you :)

• 2 weeks later...

At what age does it hit you that you're older than most footballers?

Just been looking over the England squad and I've realised at 27 I'm older than most of them but I still look at them as being grown up men whereas I still laugh at pictures of cats on the Internet.

Just been looking over the England squad and I've realised at 27 I'm older than most of them but I still look at them as being grown up men whereas I still laugh at pictures of cats on the Internet.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I think the first time it hit me that my football career was over, was when Rooney came on the scene, he's a year younger than me.

Guest firetotheworks

Archie Hunter

http://www.astonvillapictures.co.uk/p/551/archie-hunter-1887-10371144.jpg

^When Nile Ranger scored for us :anguish: . He was the first player younger than me to score for us. Also just Paul Dummett. He was 3 years below me at my school, now he's on my f***ing calendar my dad buys for me still.

Question: Are players missing arms or hands eligible to play? And if so, is there a rule for what they do for a throw-in?

^When Nile Ranger scored for us :anguish: . He was the first player younger than me to score for us. Also just Paul Dummett. He was 3 years below me at my school, now he's on my f***ing calendar my dad buys for me still.

Question: Are players missing arms or hands eligible to play? And if so, is there a rule for what they do for a throw-in?

http://i.imgur.com/6kx6EMx.gif

There was a player called Morrison who played for a lower league London side who had half an arm missing, and he took throw ins. About ten years back.

When Rob Lee's son came on against us. I'm in my 20s FFS, I shouldn't be old enough to watch a premier league match and be able to remember watching one of the player's fathers playing.

When Rob Lee's son came on against us. I'm in my 20s FFS, I shouldn't be old enough to watch a premier league match and be able to remember watching one of the player's fathers playing.

Which one? Did one play for West Ham against us?

There was a player called Morrison who played for a lower league London side who had half an arm missing, and he took throw ins. About ten years back.

It's an unfair advantage really - less chance of giving away pens from hand balls.

Why can't goalkeepers place the ball onto a stooped-over defender's back, sort of near the shoulder blades and balance it up. Then the defender can run up the other end into the goal like a hunchback Forrest Gump?

Why can't goalkeepers place the ball onto a stooped-over defender's back, sort of near the shoulder blades and balance it up. Then the defender can run up the other end into the goal like a hunchback Forrest Gump?

cos it would roll off near their own 18 yard box and cause all sorts of defensive problems.

cos it would roll off near their own 18 yard box and cause all sorts of defensive problems.

I'm sure you could angle your shoulder blades back to balance it up by your neck

Can't imagine it'd be all that difficult to knick it off his back if you're the other team. Or you miss and send a boot into the back of his head, in which case he won't do it again.

Can't imagine it'd be all that difficult to knick it off his back if you're the other team. Or you miss and send a boot into the back of his head, in which case he won't do it again.

I know it's a stupid hypothetical, but then wouldn't the high boot be penalised? I've honestly wondered about this since my playground days :lol: