Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Probably in reference to this

Llambias, the club's managing director, said: "We've made it quite clear to everyone. We have 11 positions that are grade A players or Purples, as we call them. Then, under them, we have the players who come in under them to take the positions so the squad gets bigger.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9980575.Llambias_says_Magpies_will_still_be_careful/

NUFC related daft question.

Two ST holders:

ST 1 with 25 points and ST 2 with 0 points, both in an away travel group together.

ST 1 buys Villa tickets when points threshold is 25, ST 2 buys Villa tickets when points threshold is 0.

Are they still allocated together?

Yes.

It should be the case but knowing our box office, no.  And both tickets will end up at a random's house from your Friends and Family list.

There's a Hull fan (also known as a guy from Hull) in the office. He fully understood why I'd rather have Rafa and be in the Championship than not have Rafa and be in the PL. This weirded me out, as I'm not use to fans of other clubs understanding sense.

Is it as simple as glory hunters being cunts not actually watching football vs normal people watching normal clubs being somewhat more informed/understanding?

There's a Hull fan (also known as a guy from Hull) in the office. He fully understood why I'd rather have Rafa and be in the Championship than not have Rafa and be in the PL. This weirded me out, as I'm not use to fans of other clubs understanding sense.

Is it as simple as glory hunters being c***s not actually watching football vs normal people watching normal clubs being somewhat more informed/understanding?

Think it depends on the person rather than the team they support. For example, loads and loads and loads of people who support normal clubs still think we're delusional and expect CL football every season.

Is it as simple as glory hunters being c***s not actually watching football vs normal people watching normal clubs being somewhat more informed/understanding?

Bear in mind, people are constantly being fed a media line that the premier league is the biggest and bestest league in the world and being in it is the be all and end all. Combine that with the bizarre hero-worship dished out by the likes of Merson towards the likes of pulis, allardyce, pardew who always finish just above the relegation zone and, if you're an armchair fan, that's the frame of reference that you'll see football through?? Therefore anything that contradicts that must be wrong.

Also, I'd bear in mind that while it's all fun and games now, hypothetically if in 3 years we are still in this league and rafa is still here (I said hypothetically!) then I imagine there would be a fair few who would re-visit that preference!

Much more complex. You have to divide the "normal" people into two groups - idiots and intelligents.

You can do the same with the glory-hunters too, but since they're all cunts, why bother.

Wasn't that Dion Dublin goal against us for Coventry actually against the rules because he was off the pitch? Isn't this unsportsman like conduct or something - it would be fine if he snuck up from on the pitch...

Someone called Fiona has the goals from this game (and is uploading others) on a popular video website.

• 2 weeks later...

Championship team wins the FA Cup, qualifies for the Europa League.

Following season, wins the Europa League and qualifies for the Champions League.

Doesn't get promoted either season and still a Championship club (or even more dramatically, is relegated to League One).

Can they play in the Champions League as a Championship/League One club? Would be very bizarre (but good) if they could.

Championship team wins the FA Cup, qualifies for the Europa League.

Following season, wins the Europa League and qualifies for the Champions League.

Doesn't get promoted either season and still a Championship club (or even more dramatically, is relegated to League One).

Can they play in the Champions League as a Championship/League One club? Would be very bizarre (but good) if they could.

Yes of course they could

Yeah, technically it's possible for any club who enters the FA Cup to play in and win the Champions league though near enough impossible odds of it ever happening. So indeed you could in theory have a scenario of Whitley Bay playing in the Champions League, though rules would stipulate that they would have to find an alternative ground for their home matches.