Your best visit to an away ground

MW

Got to say the San Siro , 13000 geordies there. Have you ever seen a mackem in Milan?

Others worth a mention

Leicester away when we needed to win to stay in the old 2nd division - few hairy moments

Grimsby away when we won the 1st division title. Never been in a more crowded away end.

Guest daniel c

best trips have to include antwerp , both the old trafford semi- finals  most trips were good apart from the results due to drink just some places you had to be careful especially in the 80's like chelsea and west ham:

Guest daniel c

3 trips spring to mind the charity shield in 96 had a mate living in leeds at the time 3 of us went to his on the friday went to headingly to watch england v pakistan on the sat on the drink all day drove down to london on the sun morning drinking round london great weekend until 3 o'clock on the sun when the match started.went to celtic for a pre-season friendly i think it was ginola and sir les's debuts were meeting some locals in glasgow we were told we had to dress smart cos we were going to be in the players lounge after the game had to meet them in a social club in glasgow walked in all suited and booted the looks on the locals faces they all thought we were cid it had been a mix up it was just supposed to be smart but casual went round glasgow with the locals had about 12 pints before the game after the game round glasgow again before heading off to edinburgh where we were staying because we knew someone who had a pub there.one trip to spurs sticks out it was the one in the cup in the 80's when we took 13000 down had a lock-in at the pub on the fri night got a mini-bus about midnight  got to london about 7ish taking into account piss-stops looking for somewhere to park had to ask at the local copper station told us we had to park on the broadwater farm estate (there had been riots there a few months before when that copper had been killed) left the bus there went on the drink round soho on the way to the ground one of the lads went to the offy and got some ale got to the ground expecting his drink to be confiscated steward had a look in the bag but let him go in with it we were in the seats near the front when he passed the drink around good job there was no cc-tv then also remember it because of the crush below us which had was nearly like hillsborough but for toon fans managing to climb into an empty section nearby

Guest johnson293

As others have mentioned, Roker Park in 1992 is an obvious one ("I fancy O'Brien over the wall").

However, I mentioned this one in the 'worst away visits' thread for some of the stuff after the match, but it was also a great visit for the match itself, and that was Ayresome Park in 1992, for the league cup match.

Boro being in the Premiership, their match DJ took great delight in reminding us that at every opportunity.... then the match started. We simply outplayed them, and was great to beat them.

I remember after the match, the Newcastle supporters were kept back, and the TV commentators came down from the gantry of the adjacent stand (opposite the tunnel), and had to walk past the stand we were in... Roger Thames first, who got the usual mackem chants.... then, while he was still heading toward the tunnel, Steve Sutton from BBC came past to huge cheers...  he loved it!

However, one of (if not THE) best away days I've had was the FA Cup semi-final in 1998, Old Trafford v Sheff Utd.

Just winning our first semi final in almost 25 years, with Shearer getting (albeit a scrappy) winner... was great to be there.

It also capped a great weekend, where me and mates won on the Grand National, won big on domino cards in the club on the saturday afternoon, then had the correct score and scorer at the match too!!