Your best visit to an away ground

MW

Spurs when we won 4-1 with kk and then the 3-2 with oba's screamer were both quality. The 2-2 at West Ham when we were 2-0 down before 10 mintues and then scored 2 in like 1 minute just before half time. Couldn't belive it when our second went in.

Also kk's first points for us, the second time he was in charge was a cold tuesday night at birmingham, james mc fadden scored for them in the first half, michael owen missed about 15 sitters before finally slotting one very late and it was chaos in the away end!

However my favourite away trip of recent times was Peterboro last year. Could hardly move the terrace was so packed and everyone was in a party mood due to us basically promoting ourselves. We won 3-2 and Joey scored a laaaavely free kick. Fans were phenomenal that day.

Was at both of them, the Peterboro game was mental, health and safety would have had a field day if anything bad happened, the away end was crammed!  When Joey's free kick went in I remember having to support the weight of some fat fucker to stop my little sister getting crushed  :lol:

Spurs when we won 4-1 with kk and then the 3-2 with oba's screamer were both quality. The 2-2 at West Ham when we were 2-0 down before 10 mintues and then scored 2 in like 1 minute just before half time. Couldn't belive it when our second went in.

Also kk's first points for us, the second time he was in charge was a cold tuesday night at birmingham, james mc fadden scored for them in the first half, michael owen missed about 15 sitters before finally slotting one very late and it was chaos in the away end!

However my favourite away trip of recent times was Peterboro last year. Could hardly move the terrace was so packed and everyone was in a party mood due to us basically promoting ourselves. We won 3-2 and Joey scored a laaaavely free kick. Fans were phenomenal that day.

Was at both of them, the Peterboro game was mental, health and safety would have had a field day if anything bad happened, the away end was crammed!  When Joey's free kick went in I remember having to support the weight of some fat f***er to stop my little sister getting crushed  :lol:

Peterboro away last season was nothing compared to when we went there in the promotion season under KK,  we must've had 3 sides of the ground,  left Newcastle and it was cold and miserable, got down to Peterboro and it was red hot, the place was swarming with black and white.  place went mental when Sheedy knocked in the winner to keep our unbeaten start going.

Was at both of them, the Peterboro game was mental, health and safety would have had a field day if anything bad happened, the away end was crammed!  When Joey's free kick went in I remember having to support the weight of some fat f***er to stop my little sister getting crushed  :lol:

Peterboro away last season was nothing compared to when we went there in the promotion season under KK,  we must've had 3 sides of the ground,  left Newcastle and it was cold and miserable, got down to Peterboro and it was red hot, the place was swarming with black and white.  place went mental when Sheedy knocked in the winner to keep our unbeaten start going.

it was the same in the town centre. it was quite similar the season before in the league cup (the fashanu game).before the league game we saw people carrying a tab machine out of a pub and had a sing song with harry palmer. ("whip patsy kensit till she bleeds yee haa"), after the cup game we went to a pub that had a island bar with the optics basically above your head, ask for a bottle of coke then when they go to get it self service on the shorts.

Guest bengenufc

Peterboro game was class last year except when the goals went in and every fan tidal waved to the front  :knuppel2:

in the league cup game we nearly had a fight with some other nufc fans over racist remarks....no...slagging one of us off...no.....a wayward terrace piss...no.....mark stimson ladies and gents, we nearly came to fisticuffs with other toon fans over mark 'male patterened baldness' stimson.

West Ham 2 seasons ago, Lost 3-1 but the Atmosphere was absolutely amazing and the whole away end rocked.

Eugh, that's one of my least favourites! KK just left, I was devoid of any enthusiasm and so it seemed the same for the players. Bleak.

Yeh, that one was shit. This season's trip was much better.

Probably Chelsea in the cup this year for me. Entertaining game, a few drinks in Londonium before, had a great view from the upper tier and got there late so missed Van Aanholt's goal, meaning technically we won 4-2.

Slim pickings tbh, love the days out at Fulham but the games are always fucking awful.

always had good trips to Everton & Liverpool

West Ham is always fun as well - people who know summat about football and have a sense of humour

Stoke away - that grim s****** they used to play in - back in the 60's they besieged our goal for 89 minutes then the keeper wellied it upfield where Wyn Davies had been marooned all day, it took a weird bounce, went right over the centre half and the Mighty Wyn crashed it into the back of the net - then the whistle went for full time.

Robbery with violence!!!

Guest pintofscottsellers

blackpool was unreal like, manchester bar was rocking and the kevin nolan song in the ground was class, great night on the drink aswell. other than that palace last season was decent

Guest jonnyameobi

Marseille away even though we got tonked and Plymouth were superb.

West Ham this season was amazing too

Guest jonnyameobi

blackpool was unreal like, manchester bar was rocking and the kevin nolan song in the ground was class, great night on the drink aswell. other than that palace last season was decent

Was gonna mention the nolan song....... thats the best ive heard it sang so far.

Was at both of them, the Peterboro game was mental, health and safety would have had a field day if anything bad happened, the away end was crammed!  When Joey's free kick went in I remember having to support the weight of some fat fucker to stop my little sister getting crushed  :lol:

Peterborough was enjoyable, although I hated the lack of drink in the ground :lol:

When Barton scored I ended up about 10 feet to the right of where I was originally standing, which was quite an experience for someone who can't remember the halcyon days of the 1980s.

Before the match we ended up in this nightclub more or less attached to London Road called Metro to watch the Man United/Cheslea match. It was a fucking hovel and the bar staff were useless. The actual bar was made out of wood and badly screwed into the ground, it was buckling under the weight of fans queueing to get a pint. We nearly missed the train on the way back too as one of the lads ended up ordering a fucking curry from this ropey take out place and it took pissing ages to make. We had to drunkenly run across a busy dual carriage way to get to the station on time. He was sitting on the platform stuffing pakoras in his gob while an endless line of pissed NUFC fans asked him enviously where he'd sourced his bounty of fast food from :lol:

That Metro was a right hell hole, they had wooden chairs out on the dancefloor like a school assembly!  If I remember correctly there was a glam model contest on that night, judging by the standards of that place, I reckon there would have been some right roadkill on show  :smug:

Oh, it took fucking ages to queue for a piss as well.

Guest pintofscottsellers

Was gonna mention the nolan song....... thats the best ive heard it sang so far.

definatly that temporary stand was rocking

That Metro was a right hell hole, they had wooden chairs out on the dancefloor like a school assembly!  If I remember correctly there was a glam model contest on that night, judging by the standards of that place, I reckon there would have been some right roadkill on show  :smug:

Oh, it took fucking ages to queue for a piss as well.

You're right, there was.

The DJ was turd as well, he just kept going on about how they had the match LIVE! on the fucking radio :lol: Some bloke who was off his box got fed up of his patter, knicked the microphone off him and started singing the Andy Carroll song much to his confusion IIRC.

Watching 3,000+ Geordies doing the Nolan at the Stadium of Sh*te was something else like. The stunned silence from the mackems for the whole game was amazing, can honestly say they were probably the worst home following I've ever seen.

Reading last season was canny like, even met Sir John Mad and his photographer.

West Ham's a massive shithole as well.

Reminds me of an episode of Desmonds when you're walking upto the ground, but it's class how close to the pitch the away fans are.

West Ham's a massive shithole as well.

Reminds me of an episode of Desmonds when you're walking upto the ground, but it's class how close to the pitch the away fans are.

because there are loads of barber shops.?

thought reading was pretty shite, shit area and no pubs near the ground settled for the one out the station, bus was pretty long as well, and the atmosphere was pretty poor, plenty people who don't go regularly

Only ever away visit was Frankfurt in 2006 in the UEFA Cup. Wasn't that great (0-0) but I still loved every minute of it. Was my first ever NUFC match in a stadium as well.

doubt i'm the only one wondering about this. i'm hoping it's a street game.