Your best visit to an away ground

MW

Only seen2 away wins out of about 30 games :lol:

Accrington Stanley was a decent day out. S*** atmosphere though. And Wiagn away this season wasn't very memorable!

My first away game was a good one. Everton away 2008. Lost 3-1 but thoroughly enjoyed the day in the sunshine.

But last weekend was a cracking weekend. I really hope Blackpool stay up so i can go again. Blackpool really is a s***hole, but the people there are lovely :thup:

Guest jeffers09

The Peterborough league game was quality last season loved being in the terrace,meet the players after aswell.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I've only been to a handfull of away games over the last two seasons and I've really enjoyed them all. I have never been to a game where we lost, including Arsenal and Chelski both this season.

Chelsea in the Carling Cup this year has been my favorite I think. Shola scored and more awesome than that he scored from outside the box!

note: Ian W and myself have tickets to Chelsea coming up so my good run might be about to come to an overdue and.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Winning at Villa Park with Roeder in charge. Just remember Scott Parker screaming at the away fans at the end :coolsmiley:

Aye :thup:

Spurs when we won 4-1 with kk and then the 3-2 with oba's screamer were both quality. The 2-2 at West Ham when we were 2-0 down before 10 mintues and then scored 2 in like 1 minute just before half time. Couldn't belive it when our second went in.

Also kk's first points for us, the second time he was in charge was a cold tuesday night at birmingham, james mc fadden scored for them in the first half, michael owen missed about 15 sitters before finally slotting one very late and it was chaos in the away end!

However my favourite away trip of recent times was Peterboro last year. Could hardly move the terrace was so packed and everyone was in a party mood due to us basically promoting ourselves. We won 3-2 and Joey scored a laaaavely free kick. Fans were phenomenal that day.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I enjoyed Palace away last season, the confirmation after that Reading game that the championship was going to be piss easy.

Leicester away 84 first game after promotion, first away game ever, won 3-2 brilliant day.

Man Utd in 87 when Mirandinha scored 2 in a 2-2

Forest away, final day of 86/87, lost 2-1, huge fistfight on the pitch with about 100 fans from each side (I wasn't involved, watched from the safety of the seats!),

Forest away, new years day 1988, won 2-0

The very next day (January 2nd), went to Celtic v Rangers with a school pal, Celtic won 2-0 (think Mcstay scored first goal), that was an experience

Some crackers from the 92/93 promotion season (Sunderland, Derby, Tranmere, Grimsby)

Villa away in October 93 early on in the season after promotion, won 2-0 (Malcolm Allen scored a pen), fantastic day.

A few memories there, most of the better ones coming during memorable wins, no coincidence there.

Leicester away 84 first game after promotion,

my only visit to leicester on the supporters coaches- and 'jumped' the train back.

brilliant away game- Davy Mac scored anarl. :)

I remember the Villa 93 game that LionofGosforth talks about.It was our sheer dominance of a side that had finished 2nd the previous season that convinced me we were a special side.Papa Vas played that day and Bobby Lee terrorised their left back all day on the right hand side of midfield.

Got to be my first, Spurs away, 2-1 win and two from Sir Les, or Southampton 3-0 in the cup. Our first win there for about 30 years. Shearer and Dyer were immense. Made getting the train at 10 to 6 or something daft more than worth it.

All of mine have been decent. Only been to 10 or so but I've yet to see us lose.

4-1 at the stadium of light. Also, Old Trafford in (i think '89 just the week after we'd been relegated )i hope some of the older members can back me up on this as i was only young but Old Trafford was about a third full. If that. A shit time however you slice it but now whenever i'm in an argument with an armchair manc i think back to that game and it makes me smile

I'd love to be able to see us in one of the big european ground, my mates all went to the san siro i'd love to do that someday.

I remember the Villa 93 game that LionofGosforth tlks about.It was our sheer dominance of a side that had finished 2nd the previous season that convinced me we were a special side.Papa vas played that day and Bobby Lee terrorised their left back all day on the right hand side of midfield.

aye, was a great day out aswell. we'd met a local in some bar in the city centre (he was booking his trip to deportivo) and we had a few drinks with him. he said he'd take us to his pre match pub and off we went, it was claret and blue all ove, like their strawberry. i had a word with him on the way in"if we go down you are the first on the floor" while one of the other lads got a speech of one of us as he was going to take off hus nufc lapel badge "if you've got one thing in this life it's pride and if you take that badge off i'm going to drag you on top of that pool table to sing the blaydon races"........the local was as good as his word and there was no bother. in the game steve staunton gave away his customary penalty and we really became a good team.

I remember the Villa 93 game that LionofGosforth tlks about.It was our sheer dominance of a side that had finished 2nd the previous season that convinced me we were a special side.Papa vas played that day and Bobby Lee terrorised their left back all day on the right hand side of midfield.

aye, was a great day out aswell. we'd met a local in some bar in the city centre (he was booking his trip to deportivo) and we had a few drinks with him. he said he'd take us to his pre match pub and off we went, it was claret and blue all ove, like their strawberry. i had a word with him on the way in"if we go down you are the first on the floor" while one of the other lads got a speech of one of us as he was going to take off hus nufc lapel badge "if you've got one thing in this life it's pride and if you take that badge off i'm going to drag you on top of that pool table to sing the blaydon races"........the local was as good as his word and there was no bother. in the game steve staunton gave away his customary penalty and we really became a good team.

Yep,I went in their end and we were sheperded into the Toon side area by the police...definitely over crowded in there but nobody cared...remember getting back to Cov and getting arseholed.Great day.

4-1 at the stadium of light. Also, Old Trafford in (i think '89 just the week after we'd been relegated )i hope some of the older members can back me up on this as i was only young but Old Trafford was about a third full. If that. A shit time however you slice it but now whenever i'm in an argument with an armchair manc i think back to that game and it makes me smile

I'd love to be able to see us in one of the big european ground, my mates all went to the san siro i'd love to do that someday.

It was nowhere near full at OT  that day but it was certainly nearer 2 thirds full than one.If my memory serves me correctly we only got 20,000 for the home fixture that season too.

Winning at Filbert Street, Leicester in 92 to avoid dropping into old 3rd div. Oh the sheer relief. Away to Zulte Waragem in belgium a few years back. Had everything booked but no ticket. Decided to go anyway. Day before leaving, rumours circulated that anyone without a ticket would be turned back on arrival. As we arrived in Brussels, a line of police faced us and we thought our trip could be over. Next thing, they simply handed us a bit of paper that said welcome to Belgium. It had loads of info on it. We got tickets, had 2 days on the drink in a loveley city. Couldn't have turned out better. We even won.