ESPN Classic Now

Tooj

Hard to believe Seth Johnson was part of a CL-chasing side back then.

Just checked his Wiki to see what he was upto. He left Derby in '07 at 28 years old and just hasn't joined a club since? Injury problems or what? :undecided:

There was an interesting anecdote allegedly about Seth Johnson doing the rounds. In his personal terms negotiations with Peter Risdale (Leeds Chariman) Johnson and his agent agreed in advance to hold out of £16k a week. So Risdale opens up the talks with “We are willing to pay you £26k a week”. The flabbergasted agent replies “Well that wasn’t quite what we were expecting". “Right so, £32k a week is my final offer” said Risdale.[citation needed]

:lol: Love it. Wouldn't surprise me if true, either.

Hard to believe Seth Johnson was part of a CL-chasing side back then.

Just checked his Wiki to see what he was upto. He left Derby in '07 at 28 years old and just hasn't joined a club since? Injury problems or what? :undecided:

There was an interesting anecdote allegedly about Seth Johnson doing the rounds. In his personal terms negotiations with Peter Risdale (Leeds Chariman) Johnson and his agent agreed in advance to hold out of £16k a week. So Risdale opens up the talks with “We are willing to pay you £26k a week”. The flabbergasted agent replies “Well that wasn’t quite what we were expecting". “Right so, £32k a week is my final offer” said Risdale.[citation needed]

Isn't there an identical story about Shepherd and Luque doing the rounds, although the numbers involved are about £30K and £70K!

:lol: Love it. Wouldn't surprise me if true, either.