NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

http://www.football365.com/liverpool/7532815/Yanga-Mbiwa-eyeing-Prem-switch

Yanga-Mbiwa eyeing Prem switch

Montpellier captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has revealed that he is keen to make a move to the Premier League in the summer.

Last Updated: 19/02/12 at 22:28

The defender is flattered by interest shown by Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich, but he is hopeful of a move to England at the end of the season.

The 22-year-old has been tracked by the four-times European Cup winners for some time, but he has openly admitted that he would prefer to play his football in England in the future.

Both Liverpool and Newcastle are reportedly interested in signing the Frenchman from the Ligue 1 outfit, who are currently in hot pursuit of PSG at the top of the table.

Reports have suggested that any club interested in his services would need to pay in the region of £5million.

And the player told Sky Sports: "Bayern is a very big club. I'm really flattered, but my ambition is to one day play my football in England."

Watched him tonight in Montpellier v PSG and i was hugely impressed he will be absolutely perfect partner for Colo.

for 5m it would be an insane deal from what i have seen.

he's the stand out player in the same way that cisse was when we were linked with others (erdinc, maiga). i'd like to think the work on him is arlready started.

Watched him tonight in Montpellier v PSG and i was hugely impressed he will be absolutely perfect partner for Colo.

gonna need a more detailed scouting report than that, graham.

Montpellier captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has revealed that he is keen to make a move to the Premier League in the summer.

The defender is flattered by interest shown by Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich, but he is hopeful of a move to England at the end of the season.

The 22-year-old has been tracked by the four-times European Cup winners for some time, but he has openly admitted that he would prefer to play his football in England in the future.

Both Liverpool and Newcastle are reportedly interested in signing the Frenchman from the Ligue 1 outfit, who are currently in hot pursuit of PSG at the top of the table.

Reports have suggested that any club interested in his services would need to pay in the region of £5million.

And the player told Sky Sports: "Bayern is a very big club. I'm really flattered, but my ambition is to one day play my football in England."

So he wants to play in the PL......that's done it then. Bring him in!

Like I pretty much said on the previous page, hopefully the existence of our French contingent will be a key factor in our favour and will persuade him to come here.

So he wants to play in the PL......that's done it then. Bring him in!

Like I pretty much said on the previous page, hopefully the existence of our French contingent will be a key factor in our favour and will persuade him to come here.

That and our non-racist manager.

gonna need a more detailed scouting report than that, graham.

Ok lol, he's an athlete so naturally he's pacy and strong and has no problem covering the width of the pitch, unlike other defender currently on our books(other than Colo) he can bring the ball out from the back........

Seemed to have very good positional sense aswell so i dont see an outcome where we got destroyed with a highline like sometimes have exploited at times this season.

He also had a knack of pressing high up and knicking the ball from the opposition and seemed very good at it, not sure if he does that because of the style of defender he is or the manager instructs him to do so.

Anyway as i said from what i have seen 5m would be highway robbery....... as pointed out before it must be a clause or something because i cant see why Montpellier would sell him that cheap on thier own free will.

I am just hoping we get him now.

Saw the game. Not super close because I was trying to keep up with some other games :frantic: Anyway. I would´t say that I was overly impressed with him. he hoofed the balls out of play a few times and for example got skinned for the second goal in the end. Though. He seems to be an absolutly beast and great ledare. Definitly remindes me of Samba. So for £5m. Hmm. mayby we should give him a chance :angel: