Vurnon Anita (now playing for RKC Waalwijk)

ponsaelius

Anita is s*** no matter where you play him. Tries hard but he is a championship player at best and maybe not even physical enough for that

What the f*** is this s***? You sound like the retarded 80 year old blokes who drink in the club on a Sunday afternoon - absolutely f***ing clueless. The type who don't actually watch games to make an opinion for themselves, you're the type who allows journalists and other retarded owld c***s to form your opinion.

NEWSFLASH: Nobody wants to see Norman Hunter in modern day football!

And what the f*** is this s***? Just so happens he came from Ajax and not Sunderland which seems to save him getting any stick from some people.

He's been fine this season.

Nobody wants to watch Vurnon Anita either tbf. He'd be a top Championship player like, that's silly, but shouldn't be starting for any serious Premier League outfit.

He'd be fine for us given a capable partner in midfield. Definitely a contender for our best player this season - granted, that doesn't take much.

No fucking way like, he's had a few decent games recently but he's been pretty shit in general

Guest reefatoon

Anita is s*** no matter where you play him. Tries hard but he is a championship player at best and maybe not even physical enough for that

What the f*** is this s***? You sound like the retarded 80 year old blokes who drink in the club on a Sunday afternoon - absolutely f***ing clueless. The type who don't actually watch games to make an opinion for themselves, you're the type who allows journalists and other retarded owld c***s to form your opinion.

And what the f*** is this s***? Just so happens he came from Ajax and not Sunderland which seems to save him getting any stick from some people.

And you are calling other people clueless? We have been completely overrun in the middle of the park all season, and that is down to our two non entities in midfield.  If you think that is playing fine then you are clearly watching something else mate.

And you are calling other people clueless? We have been completely overrun in the middle of the park all season, and that is down to our two non entities in midfield.  If you think that is playing fine then you are clearly watching something else mate.

Put Anita alongside a competent centre midfielder and it can work. It's the ginger cunt I have the problem with.

I agree with whoever said no serious midtable PL side would have him starting regularly. 

Anita is s*** no matter where you play him. Tries hard but he is a championship player at best and maybe not even physical enough f

This post is BS imo.  A lot of accusations that are baseless. Especially the old cunt stuff. A lazy stereotype. Competing physically is a requirement of the game not something that old fashioned football followers stupidly demand. This post reeks of the type of superiority complex I get accused of.  As if - not being a fan of Anita makes you some type of Neanderthal football relic from other idiots. If Anita was from Birmingham and came up from that academy and put in the same displays this post wouldn't get made imo.

He's not good enough. He's never been good enough. He's been here 3 years and never put together a string of good performances.  He's actually improved in recent weeks but he's never going to be a good forward passer, score goals, control games, protect a defence, dominate the opposition on anything approaching a regular basis. Not a bad squad option but he and Colback aren't good enough.

Guest reefatoon

Don't agree. I think they are both as bad as each other. Neither of them offer near enough in there to play in a central pairing.

Put Anita alongside a competent centre midfielder and it can work. It's the ginger cunt I have the problem with.

He's better than Ginger Jack by a mile if only because he can actually tackle, but he is also too lightweight for the premier IMO, considering his main attribute is defending.

It was the original 'physical' comment that annoys me most - Kante has proved that you don't need to be Matic height to play centre midfield in the Premier League.

Aye well I agree there but Kante is also way better than Anita

Kante is still a beast though.  Covers every blade of grass with ease, big tackles, interceptions galore.  It's like he has another pair of lungs that lad.  He very much imposes himself physically in the opposition - he's just a wee lad that is doing it.  It's pretty amazing to watch like because he's so small.

Anita isn't like that.  He doesn't impose himsel like that.

Anita is only somewhat rated because he's not Colback or Tiote. I'm personally sick of all 3 of them stinking it up, doesn't really matter which two play or who you partner them with they just simply aren't good enough to play in a 2 man midfield in this league.

Aye little Vurn is the lesser of evils but still ultimately a pointless player that is far too limited.

I'd only keep 5/6 players out of this squad and Anita would definitely be one of them. One of the very few who have it in them to play a good standard of passing football.

I'd probably agree with that. On a squad basis certainly.

Anita is a good footballer but lacks physicality. You don't tend to be a technically poor football player coming from Ajax. With a powerhouse alongside him and competent wingers I reckon he'd be alright.

If he had a powerhouse beside him his lack of passing range would be even more obvious. He's decent technically in that he has a good touch and can pass the ball short with good accuracy but he can't stretch a game with a pass or get in behind a defence

Anita is a good footballer but lacks physicality. You don't tend to be a technically poor football player coming from Ajax. With a powerhouse alongside him and competent wingers I reckon he'd be alright.

If he had a powerhouse beside him his lack of passing range would be even more obvious. He's decent technically in that he has a good touch and can pass the ball short with good accuracy but he can't stretch a game with a pass or get in behind a defence

He tidies up nicely though. With a powerful box to box midfielder and competent wingers he wouldn't need to make 30 yard worldy passes. He isn't anywhere near Cabaye standard but he's certainly the best out of him, Colback and Tiote. In an ideal world he'd have Sissokos physicality and we'd have have a quality play breaker and you could play Wijnaldum with him and give him attacking license. Again we'd need competent wingers though.

He tidies up nicely though. With a powerful box to box midfielder and competent wingers he wouldn't need to make 30 yard worldy passes. He isn't anywhere near Cabaye standard but he's certainly the best out of him, Colback and Tiote. In an ideal world he'd have Sissokos physicality and we'd have have a quality play breaker and you could play Wijnaldum with him and give him attacking license. Again we'd need competent wingers though.

Aye I'd probably agree there, not our biggest problem but still a problem

Guest reefatoon

Completely went to s*** once Anita was injured, but aye let's hope he stays out..  :jesuswept:

Ah yes, because we have been 70s Brazil when he has played. Absolute madness. We have been shit with him and shit without him, for the simple reason he is a total non entity.