Atromitos 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/08/12 - Post-match reaction from page 38

Dave

Might have been different incident to one I saw but when walking out the players were pretty much walking out right next to us. One bloke said "You've got to start beating your man Gabriel, first half was horse s***". Wouldn't say it was aggressive at all, certainly the first half of the sentence was quite jovial. Quite an accurate description I think though. As well as him being poor he just comes across as brainless and a non trier at times. Sure he isn't but looks like that.

Cajun will still be in tears reading that but this version does sound far more likely.

You're a very strange fellow, really struggle to let things go. Don't you stalk one or two others around the forum as well? Sure I saw someone else questioning why you keep mentioning them in posts.

Was at the stadium, agree with general consensus about the game, not great but did the business. However, after the game outside a few NUFC fans abused Obertan quite violently, calling him s**** etc. he looked devastated tbh. Of course he was poor, but is that really helpful? Cisse and cabaye were class, stayed with the fans to have photos despite Greek police trying to move them on

f***ing ridiculous, no doubt Jack Flash will see this as acceptable mind..

So you can do it but I can't?  :lol:

Have a little count up of how many times you have mentioned it since the Obertan thread, then tell me who can't stop talking about it ;)

You mentioned it twice in the first 5 pages of this match thread btw, just to give you a head start :pow:

Might have been different incident to one I saw but when walking out the players were pretty much walking out right next to us. One bloke said "You've got to start beating your man Gabriel, first half was horse s***". Wouldn't say it was aggressive at all, certainly the first half of the sentence was quite jovial. Quite an accurate description I think though. As well as him being poor he just comes across as brainless and a non trier at times. Sure he isn't but looks like that.

Cajun will still be in tears reading that but this version does sound far more likely.

You're a very strange fellow, really struggle to let things go. Don't you stalk one or two others around the forum as well? Sure I saw someone else questioning why you keep mentioning them in posts.

Was at the stadium, agree with general consensus about the game, not great but did the business. However, after the game outside a few NUFC fans abused Obertan quite violently, calling him s**** etc. he looked devastated tbh. Of course he was poor, but is that really helpful? Cisse and cabaye were class, stayed with the fans to have photos despite Greek police trying to move them on

f***ing ridiculous, no doubt Jack Flash will see this as acceptable mind..

So you can do it but I can't?  :lol:

Have a little count up of how many times you have mentioned it since the Obertan thread, then tell me who can't stop talking about it ;)

You mentioned it twice in the first 5 pages of the match thread btw, just to give you a head start :pow:

You've been acting like a hysterical teenager recently. Obviously I'm going to laugh at you.

Guest Mighty Toon Army

I was there and i would hardly read too much into the Obertan abuse.  I never witnessed what went on outside, but during the game apart from a few moans and groans in the away end it was hardly something i'd class as intimidating.  He was shocking in the first half and frustrates the living daylights out of me.  I wish he would use his electrifying pace far more effectively than what he does.  If you've got that in your locker then you've got the potential to be a top player, but he's far too inconsistent and flatters to deceive.

On the trip itself, i had a brilliant time.  Our fans were top notch throughout and backed the team in the right manner.  The Greeks were great and were joining in with us in the bars after the game when we were bellowing out "Have you ever seen a Mackem in Athens?" 

Obertan's first half was just shocking.

Seems like a confidence player and maybe Pardew gave him some words of encouragement during halftime instead of the hairdryer.

Using a hairdryer on Obertan is simply torture! No wonder he didn't perform, his head must have been stinging like hell