Atromitos 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 23/08/12 - Post-match reaction from page 38

Dave

Guest Rey Mysterio

He seems not to care which doesn't do him any good in the eyes of fans. Think football fans generally can accept shit players as long as they look like they care and put the effort in for the shirt. His problem is he doesn't look arsed when he loses the ball or look like he's going to make an effort to win it back, and that's when you leave the door open for abuse.

Fully agree with this.

Guest neesy111

He seems not to care which doesn't do him any good in the eyes of fans. Think football fans generally can accept shit players as long as they look like they care and put the effort in for the shirt. His problem is he doesn't look arsed when he loses the ball or look like he's going to make an effort to win it back, and that's when you leave the door open for abuse.

Fully agree with this.

He seems not to care which doesn't do him any good in the eyes of fans. Think football fans generally can accept s*** players as long as they look like they care and put the effort in for the shirt. His problem is he doesn't look arsed when he loses the ball or look like he's going to make an effort to win it back, and that's when you leave the door open for abuse.

Fully agree with this.

I most definitely disagree with this. Did you not see him bombing back down the wing to help out Simpson on Saturday? I think he tries hard, just doesn't have the confidence to take his man on for some reason.

Exactly, it's nonsense to say he doesn't care what fans think. In fact, he probably takes criticism to heart too much if anything.

Fans abuse players for giving the ball away no matter what, especially when they have a bad start at the club and become the whipping boy, like Obertan has.

Guest neesy111

He seems not to care which doesn't do him any good in the eyes of fans. Think football fans generally can accept s*** players as long as they look like they care and put the effort in for the shirt. His problem is he doesn't look arsed when he loses the ball or look like he's going to make an effort to win it back, and that's when you leave the door open for abuse.

Fully agree with this.

I most definitely disagree with this. Did you not see him bombing back down the wing to help out Simpson on Saturday? I think he tries hard, just doesn't have the confidence to take his man on for some reason.

He wasn't doing this last night though, far from it 1st half.

Guest WashyGeordie

Haven't went through the thread (so dunno if there's already a link) but Is there any highlights of the match anywhere?

Might have been different incident to one I saw but when walking out the players were pretty much walking out right next to us. One bloke said "You've got to start beating your man Gabriel, first half was horse s***". Wouldn't say it was aggressive at all, certainly the first half of the sentence was quite jovial. Quite an accurate description I think though. As well as him being poor he just comes across as brainless and a non trier at times. Sure he isn't but looks like that.

Cajun will still be in tears reading that but this version does sound far more likely.

Guest neesy111

Need to hear from more fans to fully make a judgement on the Obertan abuse.  One person's view of what happened could be different to another person's view.

I watched the game last night on a live stream on the computer so the quality wasn't great. One of the things that struck me was the amount of people abusing Obertan and bigging up Bigi, I honestly saw completely the opposite; I thought Obertan played a very disciplined match both offensively and defensively, could see no wrong in his game last night tbh, whereas with Bigi I saw him put in a few good tackles and interceptions but his pass completion and decision making to release the ball was very poor. He is only eighteen or so but with the comments made on here it was as if we had the new Viera on our books!!!

I think we should be a bit more objective in our opinions on both (all) players, I feel a bit sorry for Obertan I think there is a certain Lynchmob mentality towards him (a la Perch) at the moment.

Obertan's first half was just shocking.

Seems like a confidence player and maybe Pardew gave him some words of encouragement during halftime instead of the hairdryer.

Should go for the hairgrower treatment, might give him some confidence

Might have been different incident to one I saw but when walking out the players were pretty much walking out right next to us. One bloke said "You've got to start beating your man Gabriel, first half was horse s***". Wouldn't say it was aggressive at all, certainly the first half of the sentence was quite jovial. Quite an accurate description I think though. As well as him being poor he just comes across as brainless and a non trier at times. Sure he isn't but looks like that.

Cajun will still be in tears reading that but this version does sound far more likely.

You're a very strange fellow, really struggle to let things go. Don't you stalk one or two others around the forum as well? Sure I saw someone else questioning why you keep mentioning them in posts.

You're a very strange fellow, really struggle to let things go. Don't you stalk one or two others around the forum as well? Sure I saw someone else questioning why you keep mentioning them in posts.

Was at the stadium, agree with general consensus about the game, not great but did the business. However, after the game outside a few NUFC fans abused Obertan quite violently, calling him s**** etc. he looked devastated tbh. Of course he was poor, but is that really helpful? Cisse and cabaye were class, stayed with the fans to have photos despite Greek police trying to move them on

f***ing ridiculous, no doubt Jack Flash will see this as acceptable mind..

So you can do it but I can't?  :lol: