Alan Pardew

Mike

Really dislike his habit of telling us what we think.

Anah, I wish he'd leave the forum, tbh.

I think we should be winning games far more comfortably than we are.

Do I really have to quote people verbatim or be chastised for paraphrasing every time?

It would help. As opposed to amending it to "controlling games for 90 minutes"

There's a group of you that do it.

100% of posters use hyperbole.

I could make a graph but....

Even if you assume the absolute worst, that Pardew met with Ashley and Llambias and agreed to take the job before Hughton was sacked

ian, i suppose the "absolute worst" is in fact that out of work pardew used his influence as a mate of llamblias to plant seeds in the guys mind that he could do a better job than hughton etc. etc.

not saying this happened by the way but it's far from the realms of possibility, much in the same way that people "believe" kinnear was getting p*ssed in the pub with ashley and talked himself back into a role at the club, and believed his undermining of pardew and return to the managers seat was inevitable

Well it's possible I suppose, but it's a big leap to just assume that it's what happened. Anyway, everyone uses their connections to try and get work. It's up to the regime who they give the jobs to.

similar leap to assume didn't, no?

Well I don't think so, but like I said, it doesn't really matter either way. If he used his connections to get a job then fair enough, that's what you're supposed to do in life. If he actually personally attacked and belittled Hughton then that's obviously bad behaviour, but there's another level of assumption again.

You both seem to accept that Pardew and Llambias were friends from before their time here. You're probably right, but can't find out when it was this established? Got an interview or something I can look at.

Cheers. :thup:

I don't know that, I just can't be bothered to argue against it because I think it's not that relevant. I don't really remember the details of what was rumoured and leaked about Pardew meeting the regime before getting the job.

There's a post on the page before, actually.

Really dislike his habit of telling us what we think.

Anah, I wish he'd leave the forum, tbh.

I think we should be winning games far more comfortably than we are.

Do I really have to quote people verbatim or be chastised for paraphrasing every time?

It would help. As opposed to amending it to "controlling games for 90 minutes"

There's a group of you that do it.

100% of posters use hyperbole.

I could make a graph but....

hyperbole                                                  *

no hyperbole

some posters                All posters

?