NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crystal Palace are considering a move for Newcastle United defender Liam Gibson, 18, after he impressed against Lillestrom in a friendly last week. (Daily Express)

"I woz aware of liam at noocarsul. Eez a bit ov a baller and likes to play on the front foot. I wud av brought im fru eventually"

Crystal Palace are considering a move for Newcastle United defender Liam Gibson, 18, after he impressed against Lillestrom in a friendly last week. (Daily Express)

Is he a left back?

I believe he is a genuine left back. But let's not let that get in the way of us putting a winger or centre back there instead, like.

I've only seen him once, and that was a year ago. But he looked good. Very comfortable on the ball.

Arsenal are planning moves for Newcastle goalkeeper Freddie Woodman, 19, and winger Roland Aarons, 20, who are both out of contract in the summer. (Daily Express)

The latter will be a good signing for them. I'd like to see Aarons taken under the wing of a top manager/coach like Wenger.

Arsenal are planning moves for Newcastle goalkeeper Freddie Woodman, 19, and winger Roland Aarons, 20, who are both out of contract in the summer. (Daily Express)

The latter will be a good signing for them. I'd like to see Aarons taken under the wing of a top manager/coach like Wenger.

Aarons is clearly going to be fucking quality if he stays for enough to play 30+ games a season.

Wenger would make him into a top player.

Btw is Aarons one for the plus column for Carr? Someone must have scouted him when we nicked him from Bristol (?).

Got told tonight that Carrick will sign for us in the summer even if we go down

I'd be in favour of this and not particularly for him as a player but more as someone who we could train up as a coach. Always comes across as intelligent on and off the pitch.

He is setting up a business up here - just bought a building in Mosley Street for their offices so it would seem his intention is to return to the area at some point.