Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest chopey

I've just read this on the Daily Mirror website "A potential £3million sale of Fonte would help fund the purchase of Celtic centre-back Virgil van Dijk though - who is one of Ronald Koeman's top targets."

Help fund !!!!!!!!!!!..........................they have just got a cheque for £60 million off Sky and sold half their squad for about £70 million it must be the same journalist that sticks up for Pardew

I don't understand why teams are so keen to spend incredible sums of money on Southampton's players, tbh. Their performance as a club over the past two seasons doesn't seem exceptional enough to warrant their entire first team being transferred to top clubs. They were a mid-table side. You would think that all of the players openly being made available would lower the prices, but in reality almost all of the deals have been exorbitant with the exception of maybe Lallana, which I thought was a sensible enough price.  What is the point?

I don't understand why teams are so keen to spend incredible sums of money on Southampton's players, tbh. Their performance as a club over the past two seasons doesn't seem exceptional enough to warrant their entire first team being transferred to top clubs. They were a mid-table side. You would think that all of the players openly being made available would lower the prices, but in reality almost all of the deals have been exorbitant with the exception of maybe Lallana, which I thought was a sensible enough price.  What is the point?

Lallana was £25m? yeah he's good but that seems a bit high imo anyway. Either way its strange Shaw I got but Lovren and Schneiderlin?

Has Remy actually signed for Liverpool yet? There was an interview with Harry Redknapp on Sky Sports and the reporter was saying it hadn't been confirmed yet. Looks like a lot of transfer merry go rounds are holding up some deals.

P18 W3 D7 L8 16pts

That's Southampton vs. the top half of the table last year. Four of the points are off us in tenth place. Versus the top four it was P8 W1 D2 L5 with only six goals scored.

They had a great season and played some nice stuff for sure, but those valuations of their players are way out there. Their manager too will have to up his game at Spurs.

Guest bimpy474

P18 W3 D7 L8 16pts

That's Southampton vs. the top half of the table last year. Four of the points are off us in tenth place. Versus the top four it was P8 W1 D2 L5 with only six goals scored.

They had a great season and played some nice stuff for sure, but those valuations of their players are way out there. Their manager too will have to up his game at Spurs.

It's not really where they finished or how they did. It's English players at bloated prices, basically because of massive TV money, selling teams knows every buying team has daft amounts of money to spend. I mean McCormack for £11m in the Championship is absolutely insane, albeit Fulham but they have the money from last years TV deal to do that.

Buying English is nuts tbh.

With Shaw in particular, the English player premium is there for everyone to see. Lovren and Schneiderlin aren't English though, and their valuations are also very high. Lovren looks like he'll go for more than Cabaye.

I rate Ricky Lambert though and he's a great striker for 5M. I think he's a much better footballer than he's given credit for. Maybe his price should have had a premium too!

With Shaw in particular, the English player premium is there for everyone to see. Lovren and Schneiderlin aren't English though, and their valuations are also very high. Lovren looks like he'll go for more than Cabaye.

I rate Ricky Lambert though and he's a great striker for 5M. I think he's a much better footballer than he's given credit for. Maybe his price should have had a premium too!

Schneiderlin qualifies as homegrown.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, but it's the knock on effect of buying between English clubs as well, it's the TV money dictating the prices. While the young English players prices are mad, other players moving in this country, their prices are way too high also.

And it isn't going to end any time soon.

Southampton played better than their results / points showed. At least when the going was good it was very good. Which is why i'm not sure about Pocchetino at Spurs - they'll expect results.

You look at how they beat us 3-0 or whatever it was. They totally outplayed us for 90 minutes on the front foot. We never do that.

19m for Cabaye to one of the richest clubs in the world is a joke tbh, not that anything else was expected with that piss head in charge of our transfers.

Same as Given to City. We're the only club in the world who doesn't fleece the mega rich clubs.

Guest VanBarduck

Griezmann to Atlético is almost a done deal. It's a very good move imo and I can't wait to see him scampering around Mandzukic upfront.  :megusta: