Other clubs' transfers

TBG

£15m I read.

€20m (£15.8m}, 4 years contract (with option for another year). For a 30 year old.

The €50m release clause is a nice touch mind :lol:

Yeah. Why bother with such a high release. :lol:

:lol: Its just pointless like. Why cant they sign a younger CB? Hes another one who started as a DM isnt he?

They are having some medical issues with Adriano iirc. Mathieu can play in both defence and midfield.

Suppose Barca have plenty of money to burn.

£15m I read.

€20m (£15.8m}, 4 years contract (with option for another year). For a 30 year old.

The €50m release clause is a nice touch mind :lol:

Yeah. Why bother with such a high release. :lol:

Spanish clubs have to have a minimum fee release clause in their player contracts. There's some crazy Ones out there for upwards of £100m for players who could probably just about command a fee of £20m.

I know the clause exists in the Spanish leagues. No one is going to even go close to 20m, let alone 50m to activate his clause though.

But at the same time it's not going to stop anyone buying him for less than Barca paid. It's just ticking boxes, put a clause in for a daft high figure and move onto the next part of the contract. It is daft like.

I mean, I'd be happy with buying Mathieu for something sub €10m and having him as an option in the bench. But paying €20m and making it our sole CB signing this season (he's a natural LB ffs!). Man, Zubizarreta is ridiculous, pissed me off as a keeper and pisses me off as a DoF.

Imagine being told a few years ago that Bojan would move to Stoke. :lol: Football, man.

Hope he does well. Stoke actually have a stockpile of forwards, Osaze, Crouch, Arnautovic, Diouf. Definitely will not be easy to get into the side.

Looks like Aurier has joined PSG.

Great young talent. It is a shame he's gone to that club.

It seems as though Kalou has decided to skip training at Lille. Presumably to force/facilitate a move back to the Premiership.

Why is it a shame he's gone there? He'll probably be a starter for one of the best teams in Europe

To be fair, they could be talking out their arses as most executives do but i have read more than once that Barca want two defenders this summer.

A bit like with us and Riviere, it won't look so bad if another is brought in of sufficient quality. Although the price is silly, as if that matters to a club like that though.

Real have the smarter football directors but Barca have the better academy. Real's signings over the past two, three years have all been pretty bang on. They're signing young stars who can play for them for 6-7 years, not oldies that are good for two or three. You look at their front five now and the only one over 26 is Ronaldo. They're going to be set up for years to come.

To be fair, they could be talking out their arses as most executives do but i have read more than once that Barca want two defenders this summer.

A bit like with us and Riviere, it won't look so bad if another is brought in of sufficient quality. Although the price is silly, as if that matters to a club like that though.

Seen the same. Enrique apparently wants to get Mascherano back into the midfield too so as it stands they only have Pique and Bartra for CB. Not the worst signing in the world if they add another CB too.