Current Loanees - Next Season?

Guest Recoba

Whether they make it here or not, I'm glad we've sent them out on loan to allow them to make a name for themselves out of the reserve league.

Time will tell. I don't think they'll get much chance here once they've returned. Bigi is ahead of Abeid for example and Sammy will get time over Ferguson.

Was impressed with the rare Mehdi appearance but he seemed completely out of the picture, seems to be doing pretty well out on loan too :dontknow:

When we signed him I checked his YT video and he looked like a promising young player who was good on the ball. Not really a Pardew type at all so no surprise we didn't give him much of a chance here.

Pardew has spoken of playing football that gets results, I don't think he'll throw youngsters in unless players are suspended or needing a rest. Guess you could say that is the case with most clubs, though.

None of them will progress under Pardew. Campbell probably has potential because his footballing brains seems capable of evolving. In a modern setup and approach he'd be a handfull already with his pace being utilized. However, not going to happen under Pardew. I fear the same for Armstrong, who like Campbell seems to stand out with his intelligence and technical ability at younger levels. They've both looked like talented players when I've seen them. But this is no environment to prosper and progress in. Don't hold any hope for them under Pardew.

The only players I think will get into the first team are big muscular bastards or players who can win knowdowns or defend. Dummett will be his excuse, he'll shoehorn him in at left-back and celebrate him as his success story in nurturing talent.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nufc.com/

Loan lads:

The borrowers

Current Toon loans:

Curtis Good (Dundee United)

A 3-1 home victory over Motherwell in the SPFL on Friday featured a full 90 minute shift from Curtis, who has now been on the winning side in three of four games for the Tayside club - and drew the other one.

Romain Amalfitano (Dijon)

A pelvic injury meant that the winger was again missing as his side lost 0-1 at Tours in Ligue 2 on Friday.

Conor Newton / Adam Campbell (St.Mirren)

Striker Campbell sat on the bench unused while Conor played the full 90 minutes of a 1-2 loss away to Ross County in the SPFL on Saturday.

Shane Ferguson (Birmingham City)

Fergie's exile from the City first team continues, with no involvement in a 2-1 win at Blackpool in the Championship on Saturday.

James Tavernier/Haris Vuckic (Rotherham United)

A happy return to Brunton Park for ex-Carlisle loanee Tav, played the full game as Rotherham win 2-1 in League One. Fellow Magpie Haris Vuckic was an unused substitute.

The fact that Vuckic and Ferguson aren't getting games at their loan clubs means they have no chance of ever making the NUFC team. It doesn't look too good for Campbell either.