Newcastle United 0 - 1 Everton - 26/12/15 - Post-match reaction from page 19

Dave

Odd game. Personally thought we had the better of it, but then looking back, how on earth you didn't score I don't know. We expose our defenders far too much and the very basics seem beyond our team on a collective, defensive basis.

Mitrovic's 2nd half chance was one of the worst misses I've seen all season. Thought Perez was quiet as well despite that close shot he created for himself. Was disappointed by them both given they seem to have plenty of talent. Thought your best player was Wijnaldum by a mile.

As for us, the result doesn't hide the fact that time and time again we've had periods of games where we've been well on top but not been anywhere near clinical enough. The past 4-5 weeks havev cost us hopes of doing something particularly good this year which is frustrating given how open the league is. A fortunate 93rd minute header (unsure how it went in really) isn't going to change that.

Just seen our two big chances back. The clearest cut of the day, imo. Mitro's header in the first was an excellent one too.

I didn't realise Mitro actually touched the one in the first half till I saw Match of the Day.

He should have scored with both of those headers.