Cliffy Ahmed RIP

Crumpy Gunt

He'd never missed a Newcastle match in Britain (friendlies included) since 1968. I'll go onto that just giving page at dinner time to contribute towards a decent send off for the lad.

How would someone even afford that? Incredible dedication.

He'd never missed a Newcastle match in Britain (friendlies included) since 1968. I'll go onto that just giving page at dinner time to contribute towards a decent send off for the lad.

He once sold his mams fridge to go to Everton.

He once sold his mams fridge to go to Everton.

Aye, I'd read about that :lol:  Spoke to him at various different places and he always came across as a nice bloke. There isnt many true "superfans" left nowadays.

It is really so sad these guys like him and John Alder never get to see us win anything. Imagine how much it would mean to guys like that, to see us through so much and never see us win anything. It's scandalous. I've been a regular up to the last few years with my dad since I was 5 and always thought despite our troubles, it was inevitable I'd eventually see us win something with him. Now I'm 26 and he's 52 and not to be morbid like, but there's a pretty reasonable chance he could die before we win anything. (me even!) . Men like Cliffy been going since 1968, that's 47 years!

That's true, but on the plus side they got to watch some fairly glorious periods. Being a fan through 92 - 97 was magical, more so than the Robson years to me because of where we had come from. I wouldn't swap that for a one off lucky cup win like Portsmouth, Boro, Wigan etc. Seeing your team come from near extinction to playing the best football in the country if not the world at the time and getting so close to that title must have meant a lot to anyone who had watched us from 1968 with not a great deal to shout about.

That's true, but on the plus side they got to watch some fairly glorious periods. Being a fan through 92 - 97 was magical, more so than the Robson years to me because of where we had come from. I wouldn't swap that for a one off lucky cup win like Portsmouth, Boro, Wigan etc. Seeing your team come from near extinction to playing the best football in the country if not the world at the time and getting so close to that title must have meant a lot to anyone who had watched us from 1968 with not a great deal to shout about.

Totally agree. That KK period was pure footballing euphoria. A trophy/title would have been the icing on the cake but it was still a fucking good cake.