Parker

iklgizmo

Guest TheOrder

Once again, the hero is out and the team has a better shape, makes more chances and scores more goals. When will the light come on for some?

So another, in your opinion, poor player signed for millions sanctioned by the board?

Yup. Souness was crap, there's no doubt about it.

Thompers, straight question for you, yes or no will do.

Do you believe the Board should interfere with team affairs, making the decisions on who should join and who should leave?

It depends who's manager at the time.

what sort of response is that  :lol:

I hope I don't hear you criticising Fred for interfering with managers doing their jobs when you have just said you agree with it

If I was chairman, I'd certainly not interfere with Robson, I'd trust him to do his thing, as a proven competent manager. If I was chairman, I wouldn't appoint him in the first place, but if he actually was at the helm, I wouldn't trust him with £50m that's for sure. But of course, it comes down, again, to the poor manager selection thing.

Aye. I agree with that, 100%.

Once again, the hero is out and the team has a better shape, makes more chances and scores more goals. When will the light come on for some?

So another, in your opinion, poor player signed for millions sanctioned by the board?

Do you believe the Board should interfere with team affairs, making the decisions on who should join and who should leave?

I hope I don't hear you criticising Fred for interfering with managers doing their jobs when you have just said you agree with it

If I was chairman, I'd certainly not interfere with Robson, I'd trust him to do his thing, as a proven competent manager. With Souness, if I was chairman, I wouldn't appoint him in the first place, but if he actually was at the helm, I wouldn't trust him with £50m that's for sure. But of course, it comes down, again, to the poor manager selection thing.

so, you agree that a chairman should tell his manager who to buy and sell ?

If I was chairman, I'd certainly not interfere with Robson, I'd trust him to do his thing, as a proven competent manager. With Souness, if I was chairman, I wouldn't appoint him in the first place, but if he actually was at the helm, I wouldn't trust him with £50m that's for sure. But of course, it comes down, again, to the poor manager selection thing.

If thats the way you want to twist it honey im sure thats what he really meant!

NE5 & HTL - thought you should see this...it's a quote of the day from my Google homepage, but for some unknown reason when I read it earlier I instantly thought of you two:

"A healthy male adult bore consumes each year one and a half times his own weight in other people's patience."  - John Updike

Guest thompers

No, I agree that a chairman should employ a competent manager that he can trust so that he doesn't have to have any input...

NE5 & HTL - thought you should see this...it's a quote of the day from my Google homepage, but for some unknown reason when I read it earlier I instantly thought of you two:

"A healthy male adult bore consumes each year one and a half times his own weight in other people's patience."  - John Updike

So do you agree that a Board should interfere in the decisions on which players join and leave or not?

Or is it yet another....

WOOP! WOOP!

EMPTY HEAD ALERT!!!

bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif bluebiggrin.gif

If thats the way you want to twist it honey im sure thats what he really meant!

What's your criteria for appointing a manager? Try not to include anything that can only come from hindsight........

Mark my words!!!  Those slagging off Parker will live to regret their words. Because Parker is a quality player and along with Given has been our best and most consistant so far this season, just as they were by miles last season, he always gives 100% and hasn't just won another england cap because he is crap!

Mark my words!!! Those slagging off Parker will live to regret their words. Because Parker is a quality player and along with Given has been our best and most consistant so far this season, just as they were by miles last season, he always gives 100% and hasn't just won another england cap because he is crap!

So why do you think we perform better when he's NOT playing?

Mark my words!!! Those slagging off Parker will live to regret their words. Because Parker is a quality player and along with Given has been our best and most consistant so far this season, just as they were by miles last season, he always gives 100% and hasn't just won another england cap because he is crap!

So why do you think we perform better when he's NOT playing?

I don't think we do, most of the games quoted above were when Shearer and Roeder took over from Soumess, we were a completely different team then! Butt has been brilliant lately so has Emre, we DO need three excellent CM with our workload and injury record though)! Parker has still been our best outfield player so far this season (as he was by miles last season), typified by his awesome performance V Watford in the Cup. He's been out for a few games injured and has been bad mouthed by some. He'll be back soon though, he'll put in a couple of awesome shifts and they'll be all sorts of attempted back peddling, absolute rubbish talked to explain why he looks so good but really isn't and the fickle ones will change there minds yet again. Everyone's entitled to their opinion its true, i'm quite confident i'm right on this one, Parker is a very very good player its up to Roeder to play him correctly and get the best out of him and we will yet again very soon. Some people have very short memories or are not happy with the true rubbish i.e. Car, Shambles and Luque being bad mouthed so unbelievably they start on the likes of Parker and Emre who are our world class players.

Nope, I agree Butt should take presedence now due to performances, but surely a place can be found for Parker ?

Nope, I agree Butt should take presedence now due to performances, but surely a place can be found for Parker ?

Hed make a top class right back if he could be converted to that position willingly. Obviously never going to happen, but its a novel idea, not unheard of either, and he does have all the attributes youd want in a fullback - strong tackling, stamina, decent passing and crossing - no different to Zavier Zanetti in a way.

No, I agree that a chairman should employ a competent manager that he can trust so that he doesn't have to have any input...

and you clearly think that regular qualification for europe - where only 4 clubs have qualified more - is incompetent  :lol:

I don't expect to see you criticising the board again when you presume they are interfering.

Thanks and good day.

Guest thompers

and you clearly think that regular qualification for europe - where only 4 clubs have qualified more - is incompetent  :lol:

I don't expect to see you criticising the board again when you presume they are interfering.

Thanks and good day.

How is it clear that I "think that regular qualification for europe - where only 4 clubs have qualified more - is incompetent  :lol:"

I think Robson qualifying for europe, through his respectable league positions, was competent. Therefore, the board SHOULDN'T have interfered in transfers, but they did.

I think Souness, not qualifying through the league positions as he finished 14th, was incompetent. I would have therefore, in this instance, understood any reasoning for the board interfering with HIS transfer dealings. However, they didn't.

It takes a pretty incompetent board to interfere in the competent manager's transfers, and then let  the incompetent one have his own way :lol: Interfering in transfers is frowned upon as it is, but if you're going to do it, at least do it to the shit manager and not the good one :lol: They can't even do the bad things properly :lol:

Hed make a top class right back if he could be converted to that position willingly. Obviously never going to happen, but its a novel idea, not unheard of either, and he does have all the attributes youd want in a fullback - strong tackling, stamina, decent passing and crossing - no different to Zavier Zanetti in a way.

I like Parker but Javier Zanetti was world class, so there's one difference straight away.

Thanks and good day.

How is it clear that I "think that regular qualification for europe - where only 4 clubs have qualified more - is incompetent  :lol:"

I think Robson qualifying for europe, through his respectable league positions, was competent. Therefore, the board SHOULDN'T have interfered in transfers, but they did.

I think Souness, not qualifying through the league positions as he finished 14th, was incompetent. I would have therefore, in this instance, understood any reasoning for the board interfering with HIS transfer dealings. However, they didn't.

Either you approve of the board interfering in transfers or you don't. You can't say it's right to do it for one manager and wrong for another. I'd tend to believe the board does interfere in who gets sold and who doesn't though which isn't right imo (given the structure at NUFC anyway). Whether the manager at any given time is the right man for the job is another matter.

Guest thompers

Thanks and good day.

Either you approve of the board interfering in transfers or you don't. You can't say it's right to do it for one manager and wrong for another. I'd tend to believe the board does interfere in who gets sold and who doesn't though which isn't right imo (given the structure at NUFC anyway). Whether the manager at any given time is the right man for the job is another matter.

Well no, it's not always a straight yes or no answer, simpleton. I think I've explained enough, and I've editted what you originally quoted so go back and read. I think interfering with Bobby was a shambles, as he's the best manager we've had in years. If they had interfered with Souness, however, people would have had more sympathy, afterall would you want him spending your money? However, the board fucked the good manager over in the transfer market and backed the shit manager...

How was I supposed to know you were going to edit what you wrote the first time?  :lol: Btw: "the board fucked the good manager over in the transfer market and backed the shit manager... " is bollocks. I would never agree with the board going behind the managers back but to suggest Robson wasn't fully backed in the transfer market (despite signing some shit players for huge fees and spending a fortune) and then to have a go at the board for backing Souness is you at your simplistic and naive best. Well done  :)

Guest thompers

Aye, that'll help when you're trying to get a manager in the future. If you're doing ok, we won't interfere but if you lose a few games, we'll be signing the players. Genius  :lol: Oh, and sorry for not reading your mind and realising you were editing the shite you wrote first time round  tongue.gif

I'm not condoning it retard-boy :) I'm simply stating that i would have perhaps understood if they did it to Souness, but can't understand the logic in interfering in the good managers dealings yet not interfering in the shit ones? Would you like me to break that down into playschool talk?

Aye, that'll help when you're trying to get a manager in the future. If you're doing ok, we won't interfere but if you lose a few games, we'll be signing the players. Genius  :lol: Oh, and sorry for not reading your mind and realising you were editing the shite you wrote first time round  tongue.gif

I'm not condoning it retard-boy :) I'm simply stating that i would have perhaps understood if they did it to Souness, but can't understand the logic in interfering in the good managers dealings yet not interfering in the shit ones? Would you like me to break that down into playschool talk?

See above. I've edited too.

Guest thompers

How was I supposed to know you were going to edit what you wrote the first time?  :lol: Btw: "the board fucked the good manager over in the transfer market and backed the shit manager... " is bollocks. I would never agree with the board going behind the managers back but to suggest Robson wasn't fully backed in the transfer market (despite signing some shit players for huge fees and spending a fortune) and then to have a go at the board for backing Souness is you at your simplistic and naive best. Well done  :)

Did I say "The board fucked Robson over in the transfer market all the time throughout his entire reign"? No, I fucking didn't. I've never suggested that he wasn't backed. Fuck me. I'm wondering if you don't genuinely get what I'm trying to say or if you're purposely trying to play the arsehole?

Did I say "The board fucked Robson over in the transfer market all the time throughout his entire reign"? No, I f***ing didn't. I've never suggested that he wasn't backed. Fuck me. I'm wondering if you don't genuinely get what I'm trying to say or if you're purposely trying to play the arsehole?

The irony :lol: I'm just quoting what you wrote. What are you saying then? Just so we're clear.

Guest thompers

Did I say "The board fucked Robson over in the transfer market all the time throughout his entire reign"? No, I f***ing didn't. I've never suggested that he wasn't backed. Fuck me. I'm wondering if you don't genuinely get what I'm trying to say or if you're purposely trying to play the arsehole?

The irony :lol: I'm just quoting what you wrote. What are you saying then? Just so we're clear.

If you're "just quoting what I wrote", can you please quote me saying that Robson wasn't backed.