Swansea City 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 10/09/17 (post-match reaction from p37)

BlueStar

I wonder if Gayle feels that he's back in the same impact sub role that he was in at Palace. He joined us to get away from that, so he's going to be a bit brassed off.

It may be my imagination, but he looked a bit overweight.

He can fuck off if wants to be pissy about it, he's here to play his role in the team and should give his all when given the chance, he's not Cristiano Ronaldo

I've just watched the Sky highlights of the game and there seemed to be an odd 'exchange' between Lascelles and Gayle at the end of the game. Firstly the camera catches Lascelles shouting (angrily/commandingly) "Gayle!" There is no wide shot but I assumed he was calling him to come over to the fans? (Anybody there see any more?). Then slightly later Lascelles looks angry/worked-up and appears to be saying something like  'What are  you on about?" to Gayle, whose head is side-on in the frame so can't see his reaction. Anybody got scent of dressing room issues? Just seems a strange exchange when others were clearly so happy to have won. Was there something more to the Gayle for sale stuff?

I noticed the Lascelles shout when I watched the game back.

Didn't notice anything particularly unusual when I was at the game, but I was slightly intoxicated. I only picked up on the Lascelles shout to him when I saw it back. The players seemed really happy at the end and if anything the team looked really close throughout the game.

Could be that his heads not right so Rafa's tried to shift him.  He probably knows he's not gonna be going to a club as big as us and most likely not in the PL so his nose is a bit out of joint.  Can't blame him, really, cant be easy getting yourself straight mentally when at the back of your mind you know the boss isn't too keen on you.