Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Isn’t Hardy one who was confident Rafa would be off last summer?

If he cant get that right with his ‘close relationship’, why would he be right on the takeover?

Maybe I’m thinking of someone else, but thought he was one of them.

Thought that was John Richardson?

Isn’t Hardy one who was confident Rafa would be off last summer?

If he cant get that right with his ‘close relationship’, why would he be right on the takeover?

Maybe I’m thinking of someone else, but thought he was one of them.

Just found this tweet from Hardy, from July 12th, suggesting 'Benitez future now in serious doubt'...

When people talk of businesses not wanting to wait around for a deal I think it's simplifying it a bit too much. As soon as any communication is sent they'll get on with the mountains of other stuff they have on their plates. They'll be nowhere near as impatient as we are. I suspect it would be easy to play the long game.

I would think the possibility of relegation will be the factor that should move it along sooner rather than later.  They buyers might have time to play the long game, but if Ashley wants a decent price I don't think he does.

New bid or bollocks? Story in The Sun apparently taken from The National.

Apparently still under £300m but in a lump sum.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5045271/amanda-staveley-mike-asshley-newcastle/

I enjoy the URL.

Didn't read anything in there about any figures re the offer, but the rest sounds like decent guesswork. Basically time is running out to do the deal by Christmas so that is going to affect the price , presumably because relegation will become a real factor without investment in January.

If he demands a big profit and doesn’t sell there will be hell on.  If he really wants rid and as he has said will stand aside for someone willing to spend money he will be hated even more if his greed gets in the way. 

I can’t see how he will be in a better position to sell than now

I’m on the side of the fence again where I think all of this is bullshit.

All this haggling over a price through press reports just sounds like clickbait knowing full well Ashley or Stavely don’t talk to the press. So they can write what they want knowing full well nobody is going to deny it.

It probably suited Ashley to have this at the start but then no other bidders emerged.

PCP don’t have massive money for this by the looks of it. So price is important, Ashley won’t want to sell his little advertising vehicle for less than what he set out for or he will look bad.

So if this is happening at all, it will be a long drawn out process (probably from Ashleys side)

He won’t blink an eyelid about letting a transfer window pass without spending and is totally fine with gambling on relegation. (John Carver)

I’m on the side of the fence again where I think all of this is bullshit.

All this haggling over a price through press reports just sounds like clickbait knowing full well Ashley or Stavely don’t talk to the press. So they can write what they want knowing full well nobody is going to deny it.

It probably suited Ashley to have this at the start but then no other bidders emerged.

PCP don’t have massive money for this by the looks of it. So price is important, Ashley won’t want to sell his little advertising vehicle for less than what he set out for or he will look bad.

So if this is happening at all, it will be a long drawn out process (probably from Ashleys side)

He won’t blink an eyelid about letting a transfer window pass without spending and is totally fine with gambling on relegation. (John Carver)

You summed up why we shouldn’t take notice of what’s been said in the press in your 2nd paragraph. Clickbait, our takeover will be attracting a lot of interest, possibly the most in North East of England. Writing articles on it that don’t really say much or are made up will gain a lot of clicks and newspaper sales as everyone is desperate to hear something.

Think this is really a defining thing. Get taken over and we may well establish ourselves eventually as one of the top teams in this league. It doesn't happen then we're getting relegated and I don't think we'd be coming back this time.

Guest Howaythetoon

My worry is who can we realistically buy even if we get taken over to make the kind of big difference we need? I fear the damage may well have been done already with our piss poor summer transfer window.

Shame Ashley's dad didn't pull out.

Sure paid him back by borrowing money off them, not paying it, and stopping communications. His dad probably thinks the same

Aye.

Mortgaged the family home to finance Ashley's start-up costs and got shafted. There's no boundary as to whom Ashley won't scam.