Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Howaythetoon

It wouldn’t surprise me given the secrecy of both camps if nowt was ever leaked and it was all just the media making shit up.

The lack of noise if you will is a good sign, things are happening behind the scenes. IMO DD has been carried out and a bid has been made, or two. Negotiations are on going and I truly believe a deal is close. MA wants shot and whoever is after us badly wants us. Mind, it wouldn’t surprise me if MA started acting a prick and it all collapsed.

This is probably just about where I am atm. Until I hear it's broken down I'm assuming it's still on. And if it's not been scrapped yet after a couple of weeks of bids being made then logic dictates they can't be that far apart. If there was no chance of a compromise because the valuations were so far apart it would have collapsed a while ago. I'm crossing my fingers hugely, I'm not really thinking too much about it but it makes sense to me in my own little brain! It's a lot nicer than assuming the worst.

Hope I'm right but only time will tell.

The lack of noise if you will is a good sign, things are happening behind the scenes. IMO DD has been carried out and a bid has been made, or two. Negotiations are on going and I truly believe a deal is close. MA wants shot and whoever is after us badly wants us. Mind, it wouldn’t surprise me if MA started acting a prick and it all collapsed.

This is probably just about where I am atm. Until I hear it's broken down I'm assuming it's still on. And if it's not been scrapped yet after a couple of weeks of bids being made then logic dictates they can't be that far apart. If there was no chance of a compromise because the valuations were so far apart it would have collapsed a while ago. I'm crossing my fingers hugely, I'm not really thinking too much about it but it makes sense to me in my own little brain! It's a lot nicer than assuming the worst.

I'm finding it easier to assume the worst and hope to wake up one morning and go absolutely mental if it happens  :lol: only because I don't think I could take the disappointment if i convince myself (and tell everyone I know) that it's gonna happen and then it goes tits up.

Rational logic would suggest that things are still ongoing, and if it was anything other than NUFC and MA I would say surely it'll get done. Just can't quite take that final step in my mind with everything thats happened before (well I did for a few weeks but was daydreaming far too much about an ambitious NUFC). It's not that I think it won't happen just trying to cushion myself against the blow if not.....ah fuck it the clubs gonna be dead to me if it doesn't happen and Rafa walks anyway, it's gotta happen this time hasn't it  :lol:

Hope the training complex is ripped out and redone fit for the 21st century, the academy is properly invested in, the Sports Direct signage is ripped up and set on fire, the stadium is given a good clean, we maximise our commercial earning power, tours/marketing abroad to help merchandising etc, fuck it lets rename nine to Shearer's bar even, I want every last thing that cunt has done to our club to be reversed. Lets even try and get the letters he auctioned off back from the buyers.

I'm finding it easier to assume the worst and hope to wake up one morning and go absolutely mental if it happens  :lol: only because I don't think I could take the disappointment if i convince myself (and tell everyone I know) that it's gonna happen and then it goes tits up.

Rational logic would suggest that things are still ongoing, and if it was anything other than NUFC and MA I would say surely it'll get done. Just can't quite take that final step in my mind with everything thats happened before (well I did for a few weeks but was daydreaming far too much about an ambitious NUFC). It's not that I think it won't happen just trying to cushion myself against the blow if not.....ah f*** it the clubs gonna be dead to me if it doesn't happen and Rafa walks anyway, it's gotta happen this time hasn't it  :lol:

Hope the training complex is ripped out and redone fit for the 21st century, the academy is properly invested in, the Sports Direct signage is ripped up and set on fire, the stadium is given a good clean, we maximise our commercial earning power, tours/marketing abroad to help merchandising etc, f*** it lets rename nine to Shearer's bar even, I want every last thing that c*** has done to our club to be reversed. Lets even try and get the letters he auctioned off back from the buyers.

:lol:

Great post and very close to how i (and probably a lot of other fans) feel about the whole situation 👍

f***ing shut up with this striker bollocks :lol:

It's not even a discussion. It's a public 'I'm right, you're wrong' cock waving contest :mackems:

It really isn't. It's a discussion about whether someone thinks that spending another £5m on a striker in January is going to be worthwhile.

The whole forum is a f***ing "I'm right you're wrong" cock waving contest!

Wrong!

Wrong, you say? That’s it. Cock’s out at dawn. Bring your Second...

http://rs232.pbsrc.com/albums/ee258/TomBandfield/bustergonad_zps08d74dd4.jpg~c200

If Hardy reckons the takeover aint happening, then that's just-about enough to convince me that it won't.

Said people at the club arn’t convinced it will happen, but you have to remember that Charnley aside non of them will have any knowledge of discussions and will be in the same position as us.