Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Its not hindsight, its just good scouting and taking chances.

Go back through each seasons top scorers, theres a buch of cloggers every season getting over 10 goals. Im sure its achievable without needing to compare it to an Ashley model.

Until we get taken over and we are run like Man City we cant walk around with our heads in the clouds, its just pointless.

If you go back through each season's top scorers that's what I would call hindsight.

People saying you cant get value on strikers? Im saying every season someone has with an average bum up front.

Its not impossible.

Go back through each seasons top scorers, theres a buch of cloggers every season getting over 10 goals. Im sure its achievable without needing to compare it to an Ashley model.

Until we get taken over and we are run like Man City we cant walk around with our heads in the clouds, its just pointless.

If you go back through each season's top scorers that's what I would call hindsight.

People saying you cant get value on strikers? Im saying every season someone has with an average bum up front.

Its not impossible.

You know what, I can't be arsed.

It’s gone so quiet on this front, I hope no news is good news and negotiations are progressing nicely.

Hopefully... Think if it had collapsed, we'd have heard something (not the cryptic bollocks from Wraith and Martin).

Reportedly, both sides were unhappy that the reported bids had been leaked, so lets hope the talks / further bids are happening, and they are just ensuring nothing gets leaked again.

I guess we're dependent on the next tweets from Paully and co to see if we can decipher the tone.  Next weekend is the 125 year game so it could be close.

Not quite sure how those two tie up but I'll go with it :lol: :lol:

Its not impossible.

In January, when you're desperate for a striker. Yeah, ok then.

Let's hear your examples of January signings (strikers) on a budget who have gone on to score 10 that season.

Oh, let's not forget it's only this season where players are worth 5 times more than they were last season. Using Vardy as an example FFS.

Its not impossible.

Let's hear your examples of January signings (strikers) on a budget who have gone on to score 10 that season.

Oh, let's not forget it's only this season where players are worth 5 times more than they were last season. Using Vardy as an example FFS.

I was not really trying to go out if my way to name or prove anything.  I was getting frustrated with the new fashion of predicted goal ratios a striker gets based on his price. There will be no facts that can prove a striker under 20m will not deliver. More so just assumptions.

Fucking shut up with this striker bollocks :lol:

It's not even a discussion. It's a public 'I'm right, you're wrong' cock waving contest :mackems:

It really isn't. It's a discussion about whether someone thinks that spending another £5m on a striker in January is going to be worthwhile.

The whole forum is a fucking "I'm right you're wrong" cock waving contest!

Guest Howaythetoon

f***ing shut up with this striker bollocks :lol:

It's not even a discussion. It's a public 'I'm right, you're wrong' cock waving contest :mackems:

It really isn't. It's a discussion about whether someone thinks that spending another £5m on a striker in January is going to be worthwhile.

The whole forum is a f***ing "I'm right you're wrong" cock waving contest!

Wrong!

Its not impossible.

Not to mention, there's a whole load of other criteria which a Newcastle manager has to abide by in order to buy a player. There might be a striker with a proven record available for £10m, but if he's 29 yrs old we would probably rule him out. It's simplistic tosh to go around looking at other clubs and say we could have bought him.

f***ing shut up with this striker bollocks :lol:

The whole forum is a f***ing "I'm right you're wrong" cock waving contest!

Wrong!

Careful dude, you'll have my eye out with that thing!

Tomorrow.

Based on nothing more than a gut feeling.

It was only a couple of days ago you were saying that this was off and that it has all been apart of Ashley’s plan to create an excuse as to why he shouldn’t invest in January.

Guest Howaythetoon

The lack of noise if you will is a good sign, things are happening behind the scenes. IMO DD has been carried out and a bid has been made, or two. Negotiations are on going and I truly believe a deal is close. MA wants shot and whoever is after us badly wants us. Mind, it wouldn’t surprise me if MA started acting a prick and it all collapsed.