Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've seen about 2 episodes of Dream Team on Sky1, but I remember one of them there was this angry Scottish manager chap that the board told he had to lose all the games for some reason, but some of the players revolted and tried to win and got suspended, reminds me us right now :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: classic television

I remember there was a mod for an old footbll/championship manager game that let you be harchester utd with all the players  ;D

Wasn't a mod as such, it was a setting in the options I think.

I think there is a lot of brinkmanship at the moment, they know it's Ashley's best time to sell so I imagine they are waiting to see who blinks first

I caught the end of a discussion on Sky sports news where some bloke in a suit was saying that anyone wanting to buy Newcastle would probably wait until the end of the season now because our form makes relegation a real possibility, and they wouldn't be wanting to pay £300m for a club which could end up in the championship. PCP definitely have the whip hand, and Ashley will be cursing Rafa for not miraculously getting us to 20 pts by now.

I think there is a lot of brinkmanship at the moment, they know it's Ashley's best time to sell so I imagine they are waiting to see who blinks first

I caught the end of a discussion on Sky sports news where some bloke in a suit was saying that anyone wanting to buy Newcastle would probably wait until the end of the season now because our form makes relegation a real possibility, and they wouldn't be wanting to pay £300m for a club which could end up in the championship. PCP definitely have the whip hand, and Ashley will be cursing Rafa for not miraculously getting us to 20 pts by now.

It was Christian Purslow, used to be MD at Liverpool: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11156852/likelihood-of-a-newcastle-takeover-before-the-new-year-is-fanciful-says-christian-purslow

I noticed this:

Financier Amanda Staveley submitted a formal takeover offer a fortnight ago, although some way short of the £400m he told Sky Sports in August that he wanted

I don't recall that? No fucker will pay £400m.

It was Christian Purslow, used to be MD at Liverpool: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11156852/likelihood-of-a-newcastle-takeover-before-the-new-year-is-fanciful-says-christian-purslow

I noticed this:

Financier Amanda Staveley submitted a formal takeover offer a fortnight ago, although some way short of the £400m he told Sky Sports in August that he wanted

I don't recall that? No f***er will pay £400m.

Is that a new clip, Dave? The article that that link takes you to came out an hour ago.

EDIT: Ah yes it is, it's just I remember that bloke being on SSN a few weeks ago talking about our potential sale. He said pretty much the same thing back then.

If he stands firm on the £400 million then he probably had no intention of ever selling but instead wants to make it look like he's trying. Maybe to keep fans quiet or maybe to not spend in January, I dunno. But if PCP did due diligence and are bidding £250 million then his own valuation is pricing buyers out.

Guest firetotheworks

£300m and I'd have some hope that he'd accept it. £250m and I'm resigned to it not happening. Hello darkness my old friend.